IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bridges TV CEO Arrested  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBridges TV CEO Arrested

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 5:07am
Jordan was brought up because of the article titled:

Jordan 'honour killings' cover for other crimes
Men exploit lenient laws to murder for inheritence,settling family feuds or to hiude other crimes

The point is not that "crimes of passion" or "honor killings" do or don't happen in un-islamic countries but that the punishment is too lenient in mostly islamic countries. 

A crime of passion in the states is punished as another crime- unless of course you are O.J.

Attacking me because I believe men should be punished equally for killing women for any reason!!
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 5:11am

What about the laws for 2009?

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 4:46pm
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 7:40pm
"Attacking me because I believe men should be punished equally for killing women for any reason!!"

Is that what you wrote? Because I could have sworn you wrote:

"I always hear Muslims say that Islam is the superior religion.  Why has Islam not been able to over come honor killings?

Isn't there a verse in the Quran about not carryng the sins of your father?  Why would the "sins" of the sister, wife, etc. be counted against you?

Is it because of the subordinate position of women in shariah law?  Men hardly recieve a penalty for honor killing in shariah ruled countries."

and:

"So why the in the Muslim nation of Jordon is this a law, when in the horrible kuffir nation of USA a murder is a murder whether honor killing or not?"

and:

"Muslims themselves call it an honor killing to get a shortened sentence, reduced punishment!"

and:

"The point is not that "crimes of passion" or "honor killings" do or don't happen in un-islamic countries but that the punishment is too lenient in mostly islamic countries." 

I must have missed the part where you were vocalising equal punishment under the law.

Actually in the U.S. most of these killings are tried as manslaughter cases, not first degree murder cases. That was MY whole point. Leniency abounds.....

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 7:22am
Yes I did ask why isn't it under control in Islamic countries?  I found the answer to my question, man has made the penalty unequal and not as severe.

Are those voluntary manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter?

Edited by believer - 27 February 2009 at 7:24am
John 3
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 7:28am

Thank you for that link.

"Did Islam make him do it? There are elements in the Islamic tradition that seem to encourage a belief in the inferiority of women. Conservative Islam gives less weight to a woman's legal testimony, gives her a smaller share of any inheritance, and limits her ability to escape an unwanted marriage. How much this strand of Islamic religious thought influenced Muzzammil Hassan's violent behavior is something that the courts and psychological experts have to decide."

I don't believe that Islam causes it but believe sharia may give men too easy of a way out. 
John 3
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 8:16am
Maybe Believer just doesnt know that bieng tried under Murder and Manslaughter are two different things . . . in which Manslaughter has the lesser punishment, and is a lesser crime. . . compared to murder
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2009 at 3:01pm
"Did Islam make him do it?"

Wacko
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic