IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where Islam & Christian Agree and Differ  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhere Islam & Christian Agree and Differ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 64>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 10:00am
Originally posted by JOUBERAR JOUBERAR wrote:

Originally posted by BMZ BMZ wrote:

Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

"Where did Muhammad or his compannions get thier info from regarding that the gospels and the jewis scriptures were corrupted who was there main informant at that time when they could not travel so fast over land and the information gathering was a very slow process have. They have to examine every content of the bible and compare to see if something deviate.

Please tell me who was thier informant  to tell them the bible is corrupt 5 centuries after Christ."

God.

Jesus also said the Jews and pharisees were hypocrits and had corrupted God's Word.  That was pretty much the second most important part of his message, the first being to worship God.

Read the Bible. It is full of contradictions and mistakes, from Genesis to

Revelation.  Of course, the Bible doesn't claim that Jesus is God, so I am wondering if you could tell me where that information came from?

You say from Genesis to Revelation corrupt you contradict yourself now who is the clever muslims that  came out with the idea that Muhammad is prophesied in the corrupt bible muslims want thier bread buttered on both sides the bible is corrupt thats what thier Allah so called told them "but" they can also claim there is a so called prophecy of Muhammed in most the corrupt bible. Muhammad and his compannions have taken all muslims for a ride he couldn't even write till his death he wrote nothing and muslims call the Quran authentic ye a authentic fake. 

Can you answer this for me.

Qur�an 18:9, makes into real history, the second century myth of  youths who were persecuted for their faith and went to sleep in a cave for 300 years and then woke up with no ill effects. In the original myth the hero is a Christian, but in the Koran the hero is a Muslim. My question is: in the absence of any copyright laws when the Koran was written, are you at least prepared to pay compensation to the living relatives of the author of this myth? If not, would you be in favor of going starting up a charity fund to compensate for damages of copyright infringement?

IF YOU TELL ME ITS A LIE HERE IS ALL THE REFERENCES.ALL THE QURANS SAID THEY SLEPT FOR 300 + 9 YEARS THE QURAN  MUST HAVE BEEN WRITEN AFTER THEY WOKE UP TO PROOF ITS AUTHENTICNESS THEN MUHAMMAD MUST HAVE BEN ALSO LIVED 300 +9 YEARS BECAUSE HE MUST HAVE WITNESSED IT TRUE OR FALSE

YUSUF ALI

Al-Kahf [18:9]  Or dost thou reflect that the Companions of the cave and of the Inscription were wonders among Our Signs?
Al-Kahf [18:10]  Behold, the youths betook themselves to the cave: they said "Our Lord! Bestow on us Mercy from Thyself, and dispose of our affair for us in the right way!
Al-Kahf [18:11]  Then We drew (a veil) over their ears, for a number of years, in the cave, (so that they heard not):
Al-Kahf [18:16]  "When ye turn away from them and the things they worship other than Allah betake yourselves to the cave: your Lord will shower His mercies on you and dispose of your affair towards comfort and ease."
Al-Kahf [18:17]  Thou wouldst have seen the sun, when it rose, declining to the right from their cave, and when it set, turning away from them to the left while they lay in the open space in the midst of the cave. Such are among the Signs of Allah: he whom Allah guides; but he whom Allah leaves to stray for him wilt thou find no protector to lead him to the Right Way.
Al-Kahf [18:25]  So they stayed in their cave three hundred years, and (some) add nine (more).

OR IS THIS ALSO A MISCONCEPTION.

Yes, Juberar, the above concluded by you IS indeed a misconception.

See how you started by cherry-picking a few verses, like you do with the Bible and omitted the most important concluding verse , which gives the key message in that section.

قُلِ اللَّهُ أَعْلَمُ بِمَا لَبِثُوا لَهُ غَيْبُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ أَبْصِرْ بِهِ وَأَسْمِعْ مَا لَهُم مِّن دُونِهِ مِن وَلِيٍّ وَلَا يُشْرِكُ فِي حُكْمِهِ أَحَدًا ﴿٢٦﴾

18:26:
Say: "(Allah) knows best how long they stayed: with Him is (the knowledge of) the secrets of the heavens and the earth: how clearly He sees, how finely He hears (everything)! They have no protector other than Him; nor does He share His Command with any person whatsoever.

Notice that in 18:25, Allah does not confirm that they stayed 300 years because SOME added another 9 years.

The section of the Surah is telling us to avoid conjecture and guesswork.

Thus the message given is that if you do not know, don't cook up figures and do not gossip.

The message has nothing to do with confirmation of 300 or 309 days, which is the conjecture of the people. Conjecture was a main problem in Christianity, was rampant and still is.

By the way, Qur'aan does not place it on 1st or 2nd Century.

The same happened in the alleged story of Jesus. How long did he really remain in the tomb?

Some say full three days and three nights; some say two nights and one day, some say two nights and two days and some say only thirty-six hours.

Thus we have to avoid conjecture and making guesses. Only Allah knows what truly happened.

Cheers
BMZ

BMZ

The muslims also take this as one of the Quran's  scientific miracle  that people can sleep for 309 years.  We sealed their ears" is, in all probability, that Allah closed the hearing of the young people in question, for which reason they remained asleep for many years.
from a lie to miracle.

I have already explained, Juberar. There is no Science in it.

Now God can do everything. Right? Why is it difficult for God to make them sleep for a few hundred yeras? LOL

Here is a clear-cut example where Allah (God in English) clearly describes of making a man die for one hundred years and resurrected him. Please read the verses:

أَوْ كَالَّذِي مَرَّ عَلَى قَرْيَةٍ وَهِيَ خَاوِيَةٌ عَلَى عُرُوشِهَا قَالَ أَنَّىَ يُحْيِي هََذِهِ اللّهُ بَعْدَ مَوْتِهَا فَأَمَاتَهُ اللّهُ مِئَةَ عَامٍ ثُمَّ بَعَثَهُ قَالَ كَمْ لَبِثْتَ قَالَ لَبِثْتُ يَوْمًا أَوْ بَعْضَ يَوْمٍ قَالَ بَل لَّبِثْتَ مِئَةَ عَامٍ فَانظُرْ إِلَى طَعَامِكَ وَشَرَابِكَ لَمْ يَتَسَنَّهْ وَانظُرْ إِلَى حِمَارِكَ وَلِنَجْعَلَكَ آيَةً لِّلنَّاسِ وَانظُرْ إِلَى العِظَامِ كَيْفَ نُنشِزُهَا ثُمَّ نَكْسُوهَا لَحْمًا فَلَمَّا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُ قَالَ أَعْلَمُ أَنَّ اللّهَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ ﴿٢٥٩﴾

259:
Or (take) the similitude of one who passed by a hamlet, all in ruins to its roofs. He said: "Oh! how shall Allah bring it (ever) to life, after (this) its death?" but Allah caused him to die for a hundred years, then raised him up (again). He said: "How long didst thou tarry (thus)?" He said: (Perhaps) a day or part of a day." He said: "Nay, thou hast tarried thus a hundred years; but look at thy food and thy drink; they show no signs of age; and look at thy donkey: And that We may make of thee a sign unto the people, Look further at the bones, how We bring them together and clothe them with flesh." When this was shown clearly to him, he said: "I know that Allah hath power over all things."

Ain't that a Miracle?

In the case of the people who slept in the cave, Allah did not give any number of years. It was what people said and fixed.

Good night from Singapore
BMZ

Edited by BMZ - 24 June 2009 at 10:02am
Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 10:06am

"I TOLD YOU IT IS WRITTEN IN ALL THE QURANS HOW YOU WILL YOU TELL A NEWLY CONVERT THAT PEOPLE CAN SLEEP 309 YEARS THIS IS WORSE THAN GARBAGE."

So, you don't believe that people can sleep for 300-309 years YET you believe that Moses parted an entire sea, that Samson killed 1000 men with the jaw bone of a donkey, and that 9 people in the Bible were dead but came back to life?

So, you can believe in zombies but apparently not in a long, induced slumber?

Thanks for saving my time, Auntie. Smile

Just to add how the sun was held up for Joshua to complete his killing spree. Another miracle of a kind! LOL

Salaams & Good Night
BMZ

Edited by BMZ - 24 June 2009 at 10:08am
Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."
JOUBERAR View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 10:11am

"I TOLD YOU IT IS WRITTEN IN ALL THE QURANS HOW YOU WILL YOU TELL A NEWLY CONVERT THAT PEOPLE CAN SLEEP 309 YEARS THIS IS WORSE THAN GARBAGE."

So, you don't believe that people can sleep for 300-309 years YET you believe that Moses parted an entire sea, that Samson killed 1000 men with the jaw bone of a donkey, and that 9 people in the Bible were dead but came back to life?

You know it is lie and it is a very big lie think for yourself to even sleep for a year is a lie go in conscious mind and see if it is true not even in time and in space it is not possible for any physical body to live for more than a 100 days with out food dont tell me bull not even a scientist or a doctor will believe it.
JOUBERAR View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 10:14am

Just to add how the sun was held up for Joshua to complete his killing spree. Another miracle of a kind! LOL

Salaams & Good Night
BMZ

Saving what time you know in your idiotic mind it is a lie you just dont want to confess it because it may shipwreck your islamic status.
JOUBERAR View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 5:20pm

OK Shasta's Aunt what is this now misconception as you all know what it meant "wrong" "information" Know you want to tell me Allah gave muslims the wrong "information", then other muslims say it is a miracle which one a supernatural or a scientifical miracle as far is I know there was no evedince in history that can recall any plausible miracle in space and in time even in Doctoral studies of suppernatural phenomena studies it is not possible.

You must at least have someone lived for that 300 years life span to witnessed it or even the cave as evidence but that will still proof nothing.

Even a uneducated person will tell you this nonsense and no miracle.

Why will bodies decompose in a miracle tell me. 

Seven open eyed figures lay peacefully inside, undisturbed by the blazing sun outside. Occasionally, the silence was broken momentarily as the sleeping bodies swiftly turned to avoid decomposition eating at their sides. Then after a few seconds of disturbances, silence would prevail again. 

To an outsider or passer-by the scene, barely visible in the dimly lit cave would appear eerie, almost ghostly. No doubt an inquisitive glance inside would fill one with fear causing him to flee in awe of them. 

The years gradually rolled by and in the ever changing world outside, custom and society advanced leaving the eminents of the grave centuries behind; untouched by the aging world of time. 

Eventually, after a number of years the bodies stirred, limbs stretched and consciousness returned to bring the youths plunging forward 300 years into the future. Despite the lengthy sleep, signs of it were virtually nonexistent. Upon awakening, one youth questioned casually," How long have you stayed here? "

The youths glanced out into the dusky evening and assumed the night they were witnessing was the end of the same they had entered the cave. " Oh, (maybe) a day or part of the day," came the reply. 

islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 7:23pm
Jouberar,

You don't seem to understand the simple facts which BMZ and ShastasAunt have pointed out to you, but you do keep repeating ad nauseum the same misconception.  Try to understand.  Re-read what BMZ wrote.  The answer is there.  Also, re-read what ShastasAunt wrote.  It points out the holes in your argument, and the illogical premise you hold.  Oh and try to control your mouth.  Your responses are littered with ad hominem attacks which only expose your own immature, childish mannerisms.  Referring to people as "idiotic" will not win you any hearts and minds.

Edited by islamispeace - 24 June 2009 at 7:25pm
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 7:23pm

Salaams & Good Night
BMZ

Saving what time you know in your idiotic mind it is a lie you just dont want to confess it because it may shipwreck your islamic status.

They were under a Holy Coma, Jouberar. How about that? And keep in mind they were not Lazarus or somebody else.  LOL

And, please mind your language, we keep it very civil here. Thanks

BMZ

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Jouberar,

You don't seem to understand the simple facts which BMZ and ShastasAunt have pointed out to you, but you do keep repeating ad nauseum the same misconception.  Try to understand.  Re-read what BMZ wrote.  The answer is there.  Also, re-read what ShastasAunt wrote.  It points out the holes in your argument, and the illogical premise you hold.  Oh and try to control your mouth.  Your responses are littered with ad hominem attacks which only expose your own immature, childish mannerisms.  Referring to people as "idiotic" will not win you any hearts and minds.

Thanks, islamispeace.

I am really tired of 'Contradiction Experts' like Sam Shamoun, Robert Spencer, Ali Sina, Abul Kasem and other rogues but I keep blasting them on other sites. You will not like BMZ there. LOL

I don't know how these people managed to pass their exams in English Literature. LOL

Salaams
BMZ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 64>
  Share Topic