IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Spam in Private Messages  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spam in Private Messages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Duende View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spam in Private Messages
    Posted: 29 January 2009 at 10:24pm
I have received in my Private Messages inbox a classic scam letter. Mods, is there anything we can do about spammers using the Private Message format?

Hello my Dear,

LETTER OF ASSISTANCE

How is your day? i know that this letter will come to you as a surprise, I�m miss Lilian Boba 28 years old from sudan. i am the Daughter of late Dr.Aziz Boba of Sudan.He was the personal adviser to our head of states(late president Ahmad al-Mirghani )

I would like to apply through this medium for your co-operation and to secure an opportunity to invest and do joint business with you and my family in your country.I have a substantial capital i honorably intend to invest in your country into a very lucrative business venture of which you are to advise and execute the said venture over there under your management for the mutual benefits of both of us.

Your able co-operation is to become my business partner in your country and create ideas on how money will be invested,properly managed and the type of investment after the money is transferred to your custody with your assistance.

Meanwhile, on indication of your willingness to handle this transaction sincerely by protecting our interests and upon your acceptance of this proposal, I would furnish you with the full detailed information, procedure,amount involve and mutually agree on your percentage interest or share holding for helping me to secure the release of the deposit and investing the money.

I am looking forward to your urgent and positive response for us to discuss details.
Yours sincerely,([email protected])
Miss Lilian Boba
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic