IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Asia-Pacific
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone from Singapore?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone from Singapore?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahmed_europe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone from Singapore?
    Posted: 07 July 2005 at 3:21pm

Esselamu 'alejkum!

My name is Ahmed and I am of Bosnian origin. I would like to know if there is anyone here from Singapore or if anyone here knows someone from or in Singapore?

I need help and advice.

You can contact me by e-mail or message.

Ahmed

ofsorts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ofsorts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 2:32am

Assalamua'laikum.

Yes .To answer your post,I am from Singapore.

How are you doing?

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 11:12am

Salam/Peace

Ahmed, make sure he is really from Singapore. So you don't get the wrong advice. You may want to ask him his "national ID", like the one that US want to implement...he..he... just kidding offsort..

Welcome.. to this forum and thanks for your willingness to help others.

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Ahmed_europe View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahmed_europe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 11:45am
Selam!

Well, till now I visited Singapore twice and just came back. Interesting country.

if someone can help me in getting job there, I would appreciate a lot.

Ahmed
ofsorts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ofsorts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 9:13pm

Waalaikum salam to you Brother Ahmed.

I apologise for the delay in responding.

Just to let you know a little about Singapore.It is indeed an interesting country but the pace of life here is also a fast one.For some Singapore citizens who are born here,they feel that it is a very competitive lifestyle.Yet there are others who have migrated from other countries and stayed here, who find the exact opposite.But that depends entirely on the individual though.But as one who was born here,generally I feel its still safe enough for a muslim to practise and be understood by other communities.

For a start, you can surf on to this website, for you to get to know a little about working here and things like work permit and such.The site is http://www.mom.gov.sg/InformationForJobSeekers/.

There are online job banks as well for you to start searching for a job.These online job banks are tied to job agencies or headhunters in Singapore.

Hope the above information will aid you in your search.I wish you all the best!

Wasalam.

Ahmed_europe View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahmed_europe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 4:40am
Dear bro

I visited Singapore twice till now and know everything about immingration rules, life-style, weather, economy etc.

It is competitive society, just like Western Europe, so no difference for me. Country is safe. Food is delicious and very cheap. Salaries are not so good as in Europe (in general). I met a lot of people who are working for 800-1000 SG dollars which is very bad. On the other hand I met some European expats who are getting thousands of dollars for their job.

What I didnt like in Singapore is crowd. SubhanaAllah...anywhere you go, there is like thousands of people all the time...shopping, walking, eating...you have feeling there is no place where you can rest and enjoy the silence. And its island so you cant see or move much. Its like a cage. But people seems tolike that. I mean they dont travel much to see the rest of the world. Just going from one shopping centre to another...and eating all the time...I travelled a lot around the world and I havent seen something like that anywhere else...

There is a possibility I will visit SG in June again. Dont know yet but I will know in next 2 weeks. If you want, we can meet each other. This is my e-mail: [email protected]

Ahmed
lips View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 9:50pm
My bro, if you're interested to work in this region, firstly, you must be a professional and have the necessary qualifications required by that country, otherwise, if you cannot get the job offer, you will not be allowed entry by immigration, may be just for visit its OK.  For your info, even the local citizens are having a hard time getting better jobs, what more with VSS and the economic changes around this region.
Please check thoroughly first before deciding to come.  It would help if you could speak Malay or Chinese.

Regards,
Lips from Malaysia.
number41 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2007 at 4:56pm

Ahmed_europe wrote:
What I didnt like in Singapore is crowd. SubhanaAllah...anywhere you go, there is like thousands of people all the time...shopping, walking, eating...you have feeling there is no place where you can rest and enjoy the silence. And its island so you cant see or move much. Its like a cage. But people seems tolike that. I mean they dont travel much to see the rest of the world.

Br Ahmed, are you now finally settled in Singapore? Have your 1st and 2nd visits observations differ now? I do not agree, we Singaporean are the most mobile citizen in this part of the world. We travelled to places around the world. If you care please visit any of the NATAS fair, coincidentally it is now on from 23 to 25th of Mar at SUNTEC city. Here you will know that Singaporean do advance booking for their vacations.

Welcome to Singapore...Hope you will find some space of tranquility.

'When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Path becomes clear' � Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic