IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I need a Quran or hadith  proove on......  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need a Quran or hadith proove on......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chastebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need a Quran or hadith proove on......
    Posted: 15 March 2005 at 3:45am

Salam!

Firstly i need to know if it is haram talking on the phone and chatting with a male, cos i am aware dating is but what if you are far away from eachother and never met but only share Islamic and general views by chatting ?

Secondly, we were taking about shaking hands and i said it was haram in islam to have any physical contact with a female be it a handshake or worse, he said to me on what verse or hadith did i see that.

Pls i remember but not clearly may be in a hadith, that a man would rather face a certain pain or torture than touch a woman's hand his right hand does not posses. Can someone help me with the verse or hadith or something more scary or better.

He thinks i am an extremist but if i proove it in writen(hadith or quran) he promise to believe me and i pray would work on it inshaAllah.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 6:40am

It was narrated that Ma�qil ibn Yassaar said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �For one of you to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle is better for him than that he should touch a woman who is not permissible for him.� 

Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 486. Shaykh al-Albaani said in Saheeh al-Jaami�, 5045, that this hadeeth is saheeh. 

Edited by abuayisha
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by chastebeauty chastebeauty wrote:

Salam!

Firstly i need to know if it is haram talking on the phone and chatting with a male, cos i am aware dating is but what if you are far away from eachother and never met but only share Islamic and general views by chatting ?

Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah.

Idle chat per se may not be harmful. However, it may on occasions lead to somethings that turn out to be objectionable or haram in the religion. Anything that lead to haram, should be avoided, if not, a great deal of caution should be observed. That is for better piety.

The ummulmo'mineen were reminded in the Quran, to be stren in their voices, when they are speaking to men. This should be taken as a general advice for all women.

If the person is not your mahram, and there is no specific need for the discussion, it is better to avoid it. Unless ur sure, it will not lead somewhere else and you will not be misunderstood in any way. If there is a genuine need, at least try not to be alone with this person - or at least not alone in a lonely or confined area.

Talking to people on a discussion board is very different from chatting, or talking on phone. In the later case one is alone with a non-mahram and chances for improprieties are greater.

Western society sees things very differently, but islamic adab are there for a practical reason.

Hope this helps, insha allah.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
chastebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chastebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 10:27pm

Jazakallah khairan.What is the most appropriate islamic way for youths to know eachother in the early stage before liking eachother, talkless of making commitments towards Nikaah?. We can't involve parents at this stage cos i don't think we would want a situation where everyone you meet and part, your parents get to be involved.

Infact it might even scare him away if i bring up a case like that at this stage cos we haven't met,we only chat and talk on the phone ocassionally. 

Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 9:50pm

I wasn't aware that dating was a sin in islam.  If you don't date, how do you find the wife that is trully right for you?  I am not talking about dating including sex, just dating.  I know premarrital sex is sin.

On the shaking hands part,

If I'm at a Muslim man's house and his wife is there, is it a sin for me to only shake her hand while greeting her?  That has nothing to do with dating or any bad intentions except a simple greeting.

mimi_3 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimi_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 8:22am

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 3:30pm

"It's haram to even touch a womans hand. It's as if you commited zina - adultery - which is one of the most unforgivable sins in Islam."

That is a bit overstated - don't you think?  Unless, of course, you have text to support your assertion.  Forbidden, yes; but zina/adultery, and "most unforgivable" I think not.

chastebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chastebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 4:15pm

Jazakallah khairan! to all of you that responded to my question.

My conclusion is, to be on the safe side, we rather stay away from all of these, after all ( what good will touching hands be to males and females?). All ur proves tie into one another.

Thank you,

Masalaam.

Edited by chastebeauty
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic