IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dogs? Haraam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dogs? Haraam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 9:13am
Jihad : Hindi is actually an Indian version of Urdu . . . the difference b/w the two is like 'American English' and 'British English' Tongue

So if u learn urdu . . .u can easily converse/understand 'Hindi'. As for Pushto! interesting/strange choice - hehehe! :p
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 12:05pm

Sharon: Thanks for sharing about your pets. I do not have a dog but I have a small "Guinea Pig" They are small and resemble rabbits. I have one which is a male and it is a good pet.

Chrysalis: Ahh I see. I see many similar phrases as well as Arabic. I think I'll stick with the Urdu..make my studies easier. It is easy to practice because there are a few Pakistani convenience stores really close to my home. They are also fluent in Arabic so I practice both with them.
I only know one Pashto speaker and she is a female so it is hard to practice.Ermm The script is also similar to Arabic so I love them all!!!
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
sharonjundi View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonjundi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 2:38pm
Good Afternoon

I have a 2 year old pitbull terrier. She weighs around
70 pounds and she is white with a little of blue brindle
on her back. It looks like she is wearing a saddle on
her back with the blue brindle. Her name is Maggie and
she is the joy of my life. She is very well respectful.
We have been training her alot so she is very calm and
friendly.

What kind of dog do you have?

People give back raps about pitbull terriers, but if
the owner trains them well, then they are great in
society.

Sharon

Edited by sharonjundi - 22 January 2009 at 2:39pm
Panther View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 10:00am
Sharon, I'm with you!  I am almost completely deaf because of being hit by a drunk driver and sustaining multiple skull fractures and other injuries.  I have a hearing ear dog.  Without him I would not be able to hear the doorbell, the alarm clock, the phone, the fire alarm, the carbon monoxide monitor, or any intruder into my home.  Regarding dogs and disease, provided the dog is cared for properly, receives his vaccinations, is properly trained and properly groomed, you will not get diseases from him.  In fact, he is more likely to catch a cold from you!!  Of course, the idea of allowing dogs to eat at the table or from your dishes is not only unclean, it is bad manners!  We also do not allow him into the prayer room.  He is a joy to me, and twice saved my life because I did not hear sirens that would have meant firetrucks hitting me broadside, and once alerted me to a maniac on a bicycle who brushed my skirt, but because the dog alerted me, I was not hit so hard that my back would have been broken.  The guy was on the sidewalk, and just kept going, too.  Now that, I think, falls into the category of sin, not having a clean, well kept, loving dog.  My dog is a Samoyed, and we call him Sugar Bear because he's white and sweet!
sharonjundi View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonjundi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 1:55pm
Thanks for your reply. My dog Maggie is 2 years old and
she is very protective of me. I have recently been seperated from my husband, (praying for his return),
but anyway, my dog is a very good watch dog. She is
a joy to be being around since my husband left me. I
take very good care of her and she also is not allowed
in the rooms, except the front room which is kept clean
all the time. She is due for her shots again, and hopefully that will happen soon. (a little short on money since he left me) I know that some people do not
think that dogs should be in the house, but she stays in
the room at night for my protection, plus the weather here gets hot. She also is not allowed to eat or drink
from me. That is just to disgusting... She is very
lovable and a great friend. Like they say Dog is a man's / women's best friend.
Thank you for replying.
Hope to here from you soon.

Sharon
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2009 at 10:10am
Shocked WOW
Zaharah
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 12:50am
Ah! Dogs.....and dogs in Islam..? Haram or Halal....? Another stigmatic animal among Muslims. Ofcourse they are haram....
 No one is suppose to eat them!! What a question?? or is ther any other dimension to the question??? I am so dumb....
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 12:57am
Astaghfirullah !!!!!

You are really dumb. Smile

Here the discussion was, are dogs allowed as pets ?

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic