IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dogs? Haraam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dogs? Haraam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dogs? Haraam?
    Posted: 14 January 2009 at 2:11pm
Salam
Has anyone read any Hadeeth which say that dogs are haraam? What do muslims think about keeping a dog? Please do share...
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 3:34am

As Salamu Alaikum

Kaisay ho br.Huzaifah ? Answer me in hindi/urdu, itself, as you are learning it.

Before going into the subject let us recall that halal and haraam in Islam. i.e things which are permissible and forbidden in Islam, are for our goodness. Allah swt created such haram things for our trial. Today, its proved that all those things which are forbidden or are not permissible, are harmful for us. We as muslims need to have complete faith and submit our will to these commands.

The Prophet (sallal lahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Whoever keeps a dog, except a dog for herding, hunting or farming, his reward will decrease by one qiraat every day." (Reported by Muslim)

So you see  that it is not permitted to keep a dog unless it is for a purpose, like hunting or guarding property or other uses that are not contrary to the Sharee�ah.

There's an other hadith regarding concerned with dog.

Prophet Muhammad {Sallal lahu alayhi wasallam]  said: "If a dog licks the vessel of any one of you, let him throw away whatever was in it and wash it seven times." - Muslim

Those were the saying 1400 plus, years ago. But today science proved it to be correct.  Dogs are the carriers of numerous parasites that highly harmful us. They get into our intestines and results in disease. ,By kissing  them, let them lick them or, sleep with them we invite those parasites.

Scholars have agreed that they can be kept under few circumstances like  farmers who keep dogs for guarding and shepherding cattle, etc; people who are  visually challenged who need to keep dogs as guides, hunters who use trained dogs, police who employ trained dogs for investigating crimes, those who need to keep guard dogs, etc

This does n't mean we are to unkind to dogs or hold no compassion.  Prophet (sallal lahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Whilst a man was walking he became very thirsty, so he went down to a well and drank from it. When he came out, he saw a dog panting and biting the soil because of thirst. The man said, �He is suffering the same as I suffered,� so he filled his shoe (with water), came out and let the dog drink until his thirst was quenched. Allah appreciated his good deed and forgave him because of it." The people asked, "O Messenger of Allah, will we be rewarded for how we treat animals?" He said, "In every living thing there is a reward."

(Reported by al-Bukhaari}

Hope these hadiths answer your question.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 4:17am

Main Theek Hun, Shukriya...Aur aap?

Thanks for the explanation. So far I find Urdu to be easier lol
Honzo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 4:41am
Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Following links might be of interest to u,

What is the ruling of keeping dogs in the Shariah?

Muslims Owning Dogs: Permissible?

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2009 at 6:48am
Mashallah, Bro Hudhaifa! You are learning urdu? that is great. Now we can converse in urdu also!

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2009 at 12:25pm
Yes Urdu is great. Also, I think that it's a good idea to learn the languages of great Muslim countries. I enjoy learning so there is no need for motivation. I'm also interested in Hindi language as well as Pashto.
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
sharonjundi View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonjundi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2009 at 1:56pm
I have pets and I take very good care of them, and I
believe that every living soul has a purpose in life,
either it be people or animals. I take care of my family
members first, but I also believe that ALLAH created animals for a purpose, just like he created humans. We all have souls and as long as the pets are not abused,
and well taken care of , I believe ALLAH will reward us
on doing a good deed by taking care of what we can have
and can afford to have pets. My dogs are both inside and
outside of the house, inside mainly for protection while
we are at work. When we get home they are outside until
dark time. They have a certain room to sleep inside.
THey are not allowed in the bedrooms where we pray. I
feel that it is ok with ALLAH to have pets that will protect you and that you are able to give the a good life
also. We are all Creatures of ALLAH. He created us all
for a reason in this life that we share. So why not share it with a pet that new talks back to you and is very loyal to you as long as you train it properly. There are plenty of dog trainers everywhere.

Sharon

In the name of ALLAH the gracious, the merciful
Watch over us and keep us from all the harmful things
in this life that we have.   

REMOVE THE SATANIC EVIL DOERS IN THIS WORLD..............

Edited by sharonjundi - 21 January 2009 at 2:01pm
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 9:11am

Hi Sharon . . . I love Dogs too . . . they are the most loving/faithful animal Allah created. Smile What kinds do u have?

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic