IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shia And Sunni  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shia And Sunni

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hossain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shia And Sunni
    Posted: 10 January 2009 at 1:23pm
Sallaam'alaykum to all brothers and sisters.
My name is Hossain, and i live in California and follow the Jafari School of thought. The main Shia school of thought.

I accidentally fell upon this forum googling something and was very intrigued by the conversations going on here. The topic that landed upon was the one if shia's believe in the present Quran. and just in case that wasnt solidified in that topic. the answer is YES. I am ethnically from Iran. and Iranians are a very large majority of Shia's in the Islamic world. I also speak on behalf of the Iraqi Shia's, for I have many Iraqi friends who are also shia, and i know their views also. We all believe in the same Quran. thats why our religion is perfect. its the only religion with an untouched book. yes, many have come by and forged fake pages and tried to add them to the Quran, and some "special" people actually fell for it... sad i know.

and one more thing. IN NO WAY do Shias believe that Imam Ali (a.s) was intended to be the bearer of the Quran. Allah makes no mistakes, and the Prophet (saw)was the one to bear the Quran. those who say that are heretics i assure you... i have heard that rumor before and was in shock. it doesnt even make logical sense for a Muslim to think that God or his angels are even CAPABLE of making mistakes. its impossible. i had to get that out of the way lol that one was driving me crazy :D

i am honestly heart warmed to see discussions like this going online. and i instantly joined the forum and was hoping we could have discussions on our differences. there are things at times i dont want to ask my Sunni friends (and trust me all of my school friends are) cuz itll make it kinda awkward but online it should be easier :)

and i know there are more questions for me than for me for you guys.

and i want to make it verrryyy clear that i want to make no separation between our religion. we are ALL Muslims and all recite Ash'hadoh an la illaha illallah wa Mohammadan rasullallah. We are all of the same religion, and i want to compare the different interpretations we have on some religious issues.:)

-- Hossain Mostaghim

inshaAllah remember to keep Ghaza in all of your prayers...
hossain View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hossain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 1:27pm
I think a topic like this can help us understand our different interpretations and bring us closer one by one and unite us. We are all fingers of one hand, we need to learn to work with one another to make a fist. a fist that stands strong, against all injustices. For example, Ghaza at the present moment...
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 11:20am
So you are familiar that some say that there are certain she'ee who say that the Qur'an was supposed to be entrusted to Ali(RadiAllahuAnhu) with the revelation? I have heard this as well, long before I came to this website. I wouldnt say that its totally impossible for a group of people to be out there like this, there are so many branches and sects that have sprung forth from Shi'ism..its not out of the question that these people are out there.
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
asda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 12:43pm
frankly br talib....i have travelled a lot in majority shia coutries and met loads of people...but i couldnt find ONE person who beliefs Imam Ali (a.s) shud hav got the quran (maazallah)....its a baseless accusation...it does not exist...ya some wrong ghullat beliefs r dere...but this one does not exist at all..
hossain View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hossain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 1:29pm
I agree with brother Asda. I hadnt heard of that either, till i saw it written in this forum. to tell you the truth i was in shock when i read it. i know almost all of the beliefs of Shia, and that is not one of them. and thats too big a thing to be not known lol.
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 1:46pm
Assalamu Alaikum

Subhan'Allah

There is however such a concept of Taqiyaa.. Im sure you may be away of it somewhat.  Do we know the extent of all the "ghullat" belief systems out there? When some of this people hide their beliefs on purpose?

Alhamduillah, Allah will preserve His religion.

This is really not very important..whether these people exist or not.  Some say there are people like this, others like yourself say no...Allahu alim.
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
myahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 4:46am

There are certain she'ee who say that the Qur'an was supposed to be entrusted to Ali(RadiAllahuAnhu) with the revelation?

I am not sure if I understand what it means. Could you please explain more what exactly it says?

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 7:00am

Assallamualaikum Brother Hussain, welcome to the forums. Hope to see you around, and thankyou for clarifying that misconception. . .

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic