IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - husband not supporting financially  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

husband not supporting financially

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 7:56am
Salam alaikum fatima.
All that I can say to you is to have patience.
Allah's time is the best.
Have you ever asked if he is trying to get a jod to do and also how come he has a dept to pay.
Life is full of mistakes and it is up to you to help him realise them and solve them amicably.
He needs your support not redrawal at this moment.
This is the time for you to put yourselves togehter and come out successful. 
You know your husband more than any one else on this forum so find accurate ways and means of solving the problem.
It doesnt matter is you are now the bride winner your blessing is from Allah.

I nearly forgot welcome to this forum!!!!!!!
"But those who believe and do righteous deeds are the best of all creatures."(surah98:7)
peace for all peace for the nation. To Allah indeed we are to return. SALAM
BelieverInOne View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelieverInOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by FatimaQ FatimaQ wrote:

My husband is not fulfilling his duties as a husband and I'm wondering what to do. He is in India and I am in the US trying to get him a visa. He was working in the UAE and got himself in debt and is not returning to work as fear of what will happen to him if he doesn't pay. So now he is stuck in India and not working. He is not even trying or attempting to work and I had enough so today I told him not to speak to me until he is able to completely take on his responsibilities. I'm sure this was wrong of me to do but maybe it will push him to stop sitting around and start working. What are a women's rights if her husband doesn't take care of her. I just want to be a housewife and mother yet I'm forced to try to work to feed my son. What should I do??? Should I talk to my husband or give him a little time?? Any advice would be great.

-Fatima

Assalamu alaikum
I can understand your fustration but I am sure he is under enough pressure, try and be patient.
Can your husband contact where the debt is from and explain his situation and come to an agreement so he can pay in monthly instalments?
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 11:39pm

Salam,

well sister you have not made it clear weather your husband doesnt want to wotk or he is in mental tension.if he is not getting any work he can go to the metros like mumbai and delhi and bnaglore and work in a call centre,they will definitly pay him 20,000 arround salary which is enough for a family to survive,

mean while once u get him a visa for U.S then your worries will be gone as no one wants to sit ideal in a foriegn country

Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic