IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mark of the beast?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark of the beast?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Gulliver Gulliver wrote:

I came across this:

When the Beast comes, it will distinguish the people and declare who is a believer and who is a disbeliever.  Ahmad recorded that the Prophet said:

�The beast will appear and he will brand the people on their noses.  The people will then go on living with this branding such that a person will buy a camel and when he is asked, �From whom did you buy it?� he will reply, �From one of the branded people.�� (Al-Albani)

peace to all , i'll be sharp and fast.

the { mark of the beast is THE CROSS my friends }
 in the ROMAN CHURCH the priest puts a cross{in black} on the forehead of thier faithfull.

please check out these links

interesting links at the bottom of this one
leland

Edited by Nazarene - 03 January 2009 at 2:27pm
love for all conquers all
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 2:34pm

I'm suprised at you Leland. Evangelical fundies and conspiracy theorists.

Over here, in Catholicism anyway, on Ash Wednesday - the beginning of the 40 days of Lent - the 'priest' does place a cross on the forehead, made from the ashes of the palms of the previous year. The palms used from the previous year's 'Palm Sunday' - a celebration of the 'triumphal entry (of Jesus) into Jerusalem'. The ashes also symbolise repentance/penance, Lent being a time of supposedly serious repentance/penance/mourning/mortality - fasting and spiritual disciplining. A little like Ramadan perhaps.

The ashen 'cross' is used symbolically to remind man of the words in the OT Gen: 3:19 - that man came from dust and to dust he shall return. "Remember man that you are dust, and into dust you shall return."

A little on Ash Wednesday here

ASH WEDNESDAY

" Dust thou art, and into dust thou shalt return."
                                                 Gn. 3:19

Rend your hearts, not your garments, and return to the Lord, your God. (Joel 2:13)

Reflection.
The liturgical use of ashes originated in the Old Testament times. Ashes symbolized mourning, mortality and penance. In the Book of Esther, Mordecai put on sackcloth and ashes when he heard of the decree of King Ahasuerus to kill all of the Jewish people in the Persian Empire (Esther 4:1). Job repented in sackcloth and ashes (Job 42:6). Prophesying the Babylonian captivity of Jerusalem, Daniel wrote, "I turned to the Lord God, pleading in earnest prayer, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes" (Daniel 9:3).
Jesus  made reference to ashes, "If the miracles worked in you had taken place in Tyre and Sidon, they would have reformed in sackcloth and ashes long ago" (Matthew 11:21).
In the Middle Ages, the priest would bless the dying person with holy water, saying, "Remember that thou art dust and to dust thou shalt return."
The Church adapted the use of ashes to mark the beginning of the penitential season of Lent, when we remember our mortality and mourn for our sins. In our present liturgy for Ash Wednesday, we use ashes made from the burned palm branches distributed on the Palm Sunday of the previous year. The priest blesses the ashes and imposes them on the foreheads of the faithful, making the sign of the cross and saying, "Remember, man you are dust and to dust you shall return," or "Turn away from sin and be faithful to the Gospel." As we begin this holy season of Lent in preparation for Easter, we must remember the significance of the ashes we have received: We mourn and do penance for our sins. We again convert our hearts to the Lord, who suffered, died, and rose for our salvation. We renew the promises made at our baptism, when we died to an old life and rose to a new life with Christ. Finally, mindful that the kingdom of this world passes away, we strive to live the kingdom of God now and look forward to its fulfillment in heaven.

Lenten Question
Q: What is Lent?
A: Lent is the forty day period before Easter, excluding Sundays, which begins on Ash Wednesday and ends on Holy Saturday (the day before Easter Sunday). [This traditional ennumeration does not precisely coincide with the calendar according to the liturgical reform. In order to give special prominence to the Sacred Triduum (Mass of the Lord's Supper, Good Friday, Easter Vigil) the current calendar counts Lent as only from Ash Wednesday to Holy Thursday, up to the Mass of the Lord's Supper. Even so, Lenten practices are properly maintained up to the Easter Vigil, excluding Sundays, as before.]

Lenten Action.
Invite a non-practicing friend to Mass with you.

Prayer
Almighty and everlasting God, you despise nothing you have made and forgive the sins of all who are penitent.
Create and make in us new and contrite hearts, that we, worthily lamenting our sins and acknowledging our brokenness, may obtain of you, the God of all mercy, perfect remission and forgiveness;
through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.
Amen.

Ash Wednesday is a day of both fasting and abstinence.

I wouldn't trust anything from Calvary Chapel. And the ceremony/ritual itself really isn't satanic or anything to do with conspiracy theories. The 'cross' is grey, not black :-)

Edited by Gulliver - 03 January 2009 at 2:36pm
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 2:55pm

The world's in an awful state Shasta. I hope something can be resolved there for all those people. You would despair of this world at times. When you see the bodies of children especially. Awful. There were a lot of protests here in UK today over that.

Do all these conflicts have their source in 'religion', as well as politics ? Not just the Middle East. Was same here in this country for centuries. Sometimes I have wondered if the religious leaders and the politicians didn't deliberately devise 'divide and conquer' strategies for their own ends. So many unGodly acts committed in the 'name of God'.

Other times, when I hear religious fundamentalists ranting about evolution, and that it's such an awful thought that we might have evolved from apes. I think that to suggest that man may have devolved from apes, is an insult to apes, and to God. 
Adam192 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 4:36pm
Very true, sometimes I ponder the state of the world, and ask Almighty God what this world has come to with all this hatred, violence, and evil.

I pray that He protects us and keeps us in his mercy

Adam
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 3:41am

I wonder if you are being influenced by all this 'end times' stuff Adam. I was reading something the other day, where it seems that the 'right wing' Christian element in US is pushing what is happening in the Middle East - pro Israel, in the belief it will hasten the second coming of Christ. And that the president of Iran has a similar agenda in hoping for the second coming of Al Masij (Jesus).

I dunno how much, if any truth in that. Though from reading some things out there about 'raptures' and 'rapture ready' and 'left behind', it makes me wonder. A bunch of nutters pulling us all into hell - not a second coming of anyone, least of all Isa/Christ.

I had a friend over twenty years ago. Jimmy. God rest his soul. He died a few years back, older than me. He said when he went, died, he wanted it to be fast. He had spent his life working in hospitals and saw a lot of prolonged painful deaths. He was walking out through his front door one day, took a pain in his chest, massive heart attack and dropped dead.

He used to have all these books and things. No internet then, about end of the world prophecies, end times, three days of darkness, nuclear holocausts and the rest. Had me demented. lol  Lot of things out there and people who would have you believe the world was gonna end tomorrow. There were all these predictions of this, that, and the other gonna happen, and when. Never did. Worried and fearful over nothing. No wonder he took a heart attack.

I let go of all of that a long time ago. Preferred to look to and depend on the Love, Compassion and Mercy of God/Allah, and pray for peace in the heart of the individual, society and the world. We will all die one day. Whether we drop dead at the front door from a heart attack, or annihilation in a nuclear disaster, we will die and leave this world.

Like you were saying in an earlier post. I think the only important thing is to cultivate a loving relationship with the God you choose to love and who loves you. Carry you through this life, whatever is thrown at you, and into the 'next'.

The world has never been any different I don't think. People will always be as they are, people, and we are here for a very short time to learn something.

I wonder when that comet is due to arrive ;-) lol  First time the world was destroyed by water. It's supposed to be 'fire' this time. Maybe that's the real 'fire of hell' sent to destroy the corruption in the world.

I think you were asking about it being enough to repent to be forgiven of sin. If God is all Mercy and Compassion and most Forgiving, then yes it should be. We need to have faith, trust in God for this. I think repentance is about realising we are doing something wrong, harmful to ourselves, and ultimately to others, and knowing we have to work at changing that behaviour - regeneration, spiritual growth, new life. I think God forgives us as much as we forgive others, and ourselves. All about restoring balance and healing. Bring life to 'death'.  Resurrection.  Resurrection begins in this life, not the 'next'.

When you think about 'hell.' If you write the word 'forever' a zillion, zillion times. Whatever a zillion is. And each time the word represents a zillion zillion zillion years. Eternity would not even have begun. What could human beings do to warrant such a punishment ? Not trying to say there is no 'hell' - just what it actually means. In the natural/material Creation, everything is recycled. Maybe it's the same in the Super Natural, Spiritual 'Creation'. In 'time' - all is restored to what was intended.

There is a line in the bible.........   

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God"

TruthRealm View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruthRealm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 11:16am
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruthRealm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 11:28am
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruthRealm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 12:25pm
Notice that it is taught that the Al-Mahdi will rule for .....seven years.... the period of rule of the antichrist.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic