IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mark of the beast?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark of the beast?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mark of the beast?
    Posted: 02 January 2009 at 5:45pm
Perhaps one of the most frightening and scary aspects to the end times is the coming of the beast and the trials of the antiChrist. The Quran and the Bible explicitly warn us of the beast, especially its mark and its use in business transactions. I remember the Bible stating that whoever gets the mark of the beast will forever be lost, while the Quran also echoes a very similar message. I recently read on wikipedia that this "mark used for business transactions" may in fact be the everyday credit card. In the near future, there is even mention of implanting a chip in your right hand or your forehead for business transactions. Is this not the mark of the beast?
this is very troubling and I need all of your support on this

thank you and sorry for such a scary topic

Adam
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 5:56pm
Adam,

Where have you read this in The Quran?
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Adam192 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 6:38pm
well, at this point, ive mostly seen the Bible's stance, but I recall earlier that the beast is also mentioned in the Quran, in regards to business transactions. The Quranic verses escape me at the moment, I will look for them though.

Adam
TruthRealm View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruthRealm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 9:48am
Here is the mention of a beast in the Quran:

And when the Word (of torment) is fulfilled against them, We shall bring out from the earth a beast to them, which will speak to them because mankind believed not with certainty in Our Ay�t (Verses of the Qur'�n and Prophet Muhammad SAW). S. 27:82

TruthRealm View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruthRealm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 9:52am
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 10:52am
This ayat is speaking of something symbolic, materialism or evil, that we basically do to ourselves.

Islam does not believe in "the beast" the way that Christians do. There is no 666 or literal "mark of the beast". Perhaps greed or immorality will be the mark of the beast.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 12:42pm

I came across this:

When the Beast comes, it will distinguish the people and declare who is a believer and who is a disbeliever.  Ahmad recorded that the Prophet said:

�The beast will appear and he will brand the people on their noses.  The people will then go on living with this branding such that a person will buy a camel and when he is asked, �From whom did you buy it?� he will reply, �From one of the branded people.�� (Al-Albani)

Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 1:37pm
The Prophet said: "... the emergence of the beast, whose form will be very strange, its addressing the people and classifying them according to their faith or unbelief,..."  Abd Allah ibn Amr

Most scholars do not take this as literal. Many believe that the beast is the State of Israel. Such branding is already occuring there as Palestinians have to have Identification cards that mark them as Muslim and non-Muslim Palestinians.

I suppose we will know soon enough.

Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic