IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mark of the beast?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark of the beast?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TruthRealm View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruthRealm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

They believe in the twelve Imams, but not necessarily in the chain of events regarding the Al-Mahdi that you have posted.

No offense but I think you are driving with your eyes closed. Have you heard Ahmadinejad? He is open about it. I posted a part of a video series that refers to the stuff he has said. You can find some of it here too.   An outside independent Iranian press service is saying that he views himself as the direct vessel of the Iman Mahdi.

I can see how you might think 85% of 90% of 10% of all Muslims equal one half.

Not half, as acknowledged in previous post, but the second largest denomination of Islam, and a significant portion, and one seeking nuclear weapons.   Again, I realize that it may pain you to think that the Antichrist could be coming out of your faith, even if from a small 15% segment of it, but consider that you have the most to lose by not keeping an open mind to it.

Quote If you are REALLY interested in learning about Islam and what most Muslims believe, then read the Quran.

I am not interested in learning about Islam in this thread, except in how it relates to the subject matter, "Mark of the Beast".

But I am reading the Qur'an.

[/QUOTE]

Edited by TruthRealm - 10 January 2009 at 8:42pm
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruthRealm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 7:31pm

Ahmadinejad is a man, not a scholar of Islam. I doubt that his views represent any but his own.

Yes, but he answers to the Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who was a close confidant of the late Ayatollah Khomeini and a key figure in the Islamic Revolution, a Shi'a revolution. The title "Ayatollah" is the highest ranking title given to Usuli Twelver Shi'ah clerics.

AND......he is after Nuclear Weapons!

Shi'ites make up about 10% of Islam, not half, and I have never read anything regarding Shi'ism that gives the views you have posted above.

Actually 15%, but yes, still a smaller percentage of Islam, but the second largest denomination of Islam. This is not an indictment of Islam itself, don't get me wrong.  But you probably should start googling Shi'a or Islamic Revolution or Ayatollah, or Iran or just start here with Shia Islam.

Quote Anyone can post a view and claim that numerous people adhere to it. I understand about half of Christianity believes that Sunday is the mark of the beast and the other half believe this guy:

The US Government has a computer named BEAST (Battle Engagement Area Simulation and Tracking), developed out of Area 51. It uplinks to a satellite using GPS (Global Positioning Systems). They power a Film Lithium Diode in a computer chip called MARC (Multiple Automated readout Chip), which is best placed in the hand or forehead because of lowest body temperature. It�s funny how the government intentionally uses biblical descriptions to show their defiance to God openly.

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/beast.html

Half? Come on, be serious. Those are small fringes, the latter from a fiction writer named Paul Christopher, an ex Satinist actually. Are you going to throw something from The Mind of James Donahue next? He gives creedence to Paul Christopher's fantastic fiction as well.

Do you want to be serious or just obfuscate?

Edited by TruthRealm - 10 January 2009 at 7:32pm
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by TruthRealm TruthRealm wrote:

How could you possibly know what much of Iran believes?

It's not that hard to figure out if you're not living in a country that prohibits the free use of the internet. 

Iran is 90% Shi'a, and the Shi'a are 85% Twelvers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelver

They believe in the twelve Imams, but not necessarily in the chain of events regarding the Al-Mahdi that you have posted.

I can see how you might think 85% of 90% of 10% of all Muslims equal one half.

If you are REALLY interested in learning about Islam and what most Muslims believe, then read the Quran.

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 6:58pm
Ahmadinejad is a man, not a scholar of Islam. I doubt that his views represent any but his own.

Shi'ites make up about 10% of Islam, not half, and I have never read anything regarding Shi'ism that gives the views you have posted above.

Anyone can post a view and claim that numerous people adhere to it. I understand about half of Christianity believes that Sunday is the mark of the beast and the other half believe this guy:

The US Government has a computer named BEAST (Battle Engagement Area Simulation and Tracking), developed out of Area 51. It uplinks to a satellite using GPS (Global Positioning Systems). They power a Film Lithium Diode in a computer chip called MARC (Multiple Automated readout Chip), which is best placed in the hand or forehead because of lowest body temperature. It�s funny how the government intentionally uses biblical descriptions to show their defiance to God openly.

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/beast.html

Eleanor Roosevelt
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruthRealm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 6:55pm

It's not that hard to figure out if you're not living in a country that prohibits the free use of the internet. 

Iran is 90% Shi'a, and the Shi'a are 85% Twelvers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruthRealm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 6:50pm

I wouldn't call them any more fringe than Ahmanenijad. And the theory is just as interesting....

Ahmadinejad represents pretty much half of Islam, I understand. The Shi'a half. But feel free to correct me. If not half, he does still reflect a significant portion.

What you have posted is one of a million fringe elements.

Edited by TruthRealm - 10 January 2009 at 8:38pm
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 6:44pm
Eleanor Roosevelt
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruthRealm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 6:42pm
What much of Iran, including Amadinejad, believe.

My understanding is the following:

The Antichrist will spend his first 3 1/2 years establishing himself and peace in the world. At that point, a Jew figures him out and shoots him in the head and kills him. He miraculously recovers. This gives him even more power and convinces many that he is the true messiah. He will then go after the saints, God's chosen, who know the truth. The martyr of the saints is during the second 3 1/2 years, for the total of his 7 year reign, ending in him defiling the Temple in Jerusalem by sitting in the Holy of Holies and declaring himself God.

This will usher in the return of Jesus Christ.

Edited by TruthRealm - 10 January 2009 at 8:37pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic