IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Websites & Internet
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can any one listen or help us from his grave?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can any one listen or help us from his grave?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a4asim80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can any one listen or help us from his grave?
    Posted: 21 December 2008 at 12:44pm

I have some very important questions; please guide me according to Quran & Ahadees. JazakALLAH

Can any one listen or help us from his grave (whether any Prophet, Sufi or any Buzarge) after death?

My believe (Aqeedah) is that after the body is dead it is of no use and they cannot hear, People who believe dead person can listen uses these examples that it is reported in a hadees in Muslim when prophet (صلّى الله عليه وسلّم) addresses the body of abu jahl, umaya and others Umar(رضي الله عنه)asks him how can the dead hear to which the Prophet(صلّى الله عليه وسلّم) replies that they can hear but cannot reply.

It was narrated that Ibn �Umar (رضي الله عنه) said: �The Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وسلّم) stood over the well of Badr [into which the bodies of the mushrikeen had been thrown] and said, �Have you found the promise of your Lord to be true?� Then he said, �They can hear what I am saying now.��

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3980; Muslim, 932)

It was narrated that Abu Talhah said: ��Umar said, �O Messenger of ALLAH (صلّى الله عليه وسلّم), why are you speaking to bodies that have no souls?� The Messenger of ALLAH (صلّى الله عليه وسلّم) said: �By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, you do not hear what I am saying any better than they do.��

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3976; Muslim, 2875. See Fath al-Baari, 7/304) 

Prophet Muhammad (صلّى الله عليه وسلّم) has informed his Ummah �Do not make your houses graves, and do not make my grave an � eid � (place of gathering). But invoke blessings on me, for your blessings reach me wherever you may be.�

(See, Saheeh Sunan Abu Dawood vol.1, no.1796)

Means Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وسلّم) can listen from any where & can help, and some help of Quranic verses.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic