IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets Muhammad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Prophet;'s address at Tabuk  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prophet;'s address at Tabuk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prophet;'s address at Tabuk
    Posted: 13 December 2008 at 6:24pm

Prophet's Address at Tabuk

In 630 C.E.,  prophet Muhammad  led an expedition to Tabuk. At Tabuk he delivered a classical address which provides glimpses of his message. After praising Allah T'ala and thanking Him, the Prophet said:

"Verily the most veracious discourse is the Book of Allah. The most trustworthy stronghold is the word of piety. The best of the religions is the religion of Ibrahim. The best of the precedents is the precedent of Muhammad. The noblest speech is the invocation of Allah. The finest of the narratives is this Quran. The best of the affairs is that which has been firmly resolved upon. The worst in religion are those things which are created without sanction. The best of the ways is one trodden by the Prophets. The noblest death is the death of a martyr. The most miserable blindness is the waywardness after guidance. The best of the actions is that which is beneficent. The best guidance is that which is put into practice. The worst blindness is the blindness of the heart.

The upper hand is better than the lower hand[1]. The little that suffices is better than what is abundant and alluring. The worst apology is that which is tendered when death stares one in the face. The worst remorse is that which is felt on the day of Resurrection.

Some men do not come to Friday prayer, but with hesitance and delay. And some of them do not remember Allah but with reluctance. The tongue which is addicted to false expression is a bubbling spring of sins.

The most valuable possession is the contentment of heart. The best provision is that of piety. The highest wisdom is fear of Allah, the Mighty and the Great. The best thing to be cherished in the hearts is faith and conviction; doubt is infidelity.

Impatient wailing and fulsome laudation of the dead is an act of ignorance. Betrayal leads one to the fire of Hell. Drinking amounts to burning. Obscene poetry is the work of the devil. Wine is the mother of all evil. The worst thing eaten is one which belongs to the orphan. Blessed is he who receives admonition from others.

Each one of you must resort to a place of four cubit (grave). Your affairs would be decided ultimately in the next life. The worst dream is false dream. Whatever is in store is near.

To abuse a believer is transgression; raising arms against him is infidelity. To backbite him is a disobedience of Allah. Inviolability (and sacredness) of his property is like that of his blood.

He who swears by Allah (falsely), in fact falsifies Him. He who pardons others is himself granted pardon. He who forgives others, is forgiven by Allah for his sins.

He who represses anger, Allah rewards him. He who faces misfortunes with perseverance, Allah compensates him. He who acts only for fame and reputation, Allah disgraces him. He who shows patience and forbearance, Allah gives him a double reward. He who disobeys Allah, Allah chastises him.

I seek the forgiveness of Allah.

Footnote:

1. The hand which gives charity is better than the one which receives it.

Reference: Life of Muhammad by Prof. A.H. Siddiqui, pp. 283-4

Source : http://muhammad.bz/j/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=60&Itemid=38
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 12:22pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Seekshidayath posted:
Some men do not come to Friday prayer, but with hesitance and delay.

Question: Please expand on this. I have read a lot on Friday prayer and I believe the holy Prophet is referring to our time. Imagine the time the Khutba takes and the Sunna of the holy Prophet? Why do we not protest, but only like to kill others on the pretext of Jihad on trivial things? We talk too much on Hjab, but not on talking why do we delay the Friday prayer?
Friendship.

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalamu alaikum.

Why do we not protest, but only like to kill others on the pretext of Jihad on trivial things?

I don't like to kill anyone. Smile. I think instead of going for protest, we need to speak up to these people who do not attend friday prayers, explain them the importance of these prayers, and try to take along with us. If we protest, they shall never enter the mosques, and we shall be questioned by Allah swt, for our act.

We talk too much on Hjab, but not on talking why do we delay the Friday prayer?

Okay, let;s talk to those who delay friday prayers as well. As of now, i did not come across any who delay friday prayers. If at all, insha Allah, i shall try my best to see that he attends them voluntarily.

Friendship.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 3:41am
Assalamu alaikum.

Seekshidayah quoting the hadith of holy Prophet : Some men do not come to Friday prayer, but with hesitance and delay.

Response: I understood the holy Prophet explaining Qur'an 4:132, "And when thy stand up for As- Salat (prayer) they stand with laziness and to be sen of men, and they do not remember Allah but little", with reference to the Friday prayer. It is not that they did not attend the friday prayer. They will attend it but not at its 'Awwal Waqt' (its first time). I do not like to enter into another debate (like the Salat Istikhara) on subjects not read or understood by the memebrs of the forum. I will post a topic on Friday prayer soon before we discuss its correct time.
To protest, I did not mean protesting on the streets, but to tell the truth and to follow the Sunna of Muhammad Rasulullah. It is nothing but rejecting innovations in all forms. This can be done only when people have the knowldge and desire to honor Muhammad Rasulullah and follow him activley and not passively.
Friendship.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 5:46pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Am not debating as well, 'friendship'. It was just a discussion and i wondered why you wished to "protest". Anyways, shall discuss that in an other thread of yours.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic