IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fathering of Jesus.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fathering of Jesus.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 6:00am
Nur Ilahi posted: A muslim is very carefull not to add or substract to what is revealed by God. Thus God is our God, not father in Islam.
That quote was not from me but from Bro Honeto.

Response: No Muslim with scholarship and Higher Criticism will call Allah his Father.

The iman or faith of a Muslim does not depend on a scholarship or Higher Criticism as you called it. In fact I have never come across a term called Higher Criticism before. Still, the fact is no Muslim should call Allah his Father (Astaghfirullah!)

Calling Allah one's Father was their understanding in the Book of Genesis that I quoted them.

You must know how to differentiate the meaning of Allah. To Muslim, Allah is the Lord of the Whole Universe, the Creator, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful the AlMighty of the mightiest. Do not equate Allah The Creator with god the creation. I hope you are clear with this.

At least I am not putting them off from trying to understand Islam. 

You want to make them (non-Muslims) understand Islam, yet your version or explanation of Islam, even I a Muslim, cannot understand.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 10:40am
Assalamu alaikum.

We Muslims followers of Muhammad Rasulullah tend to rush in understanding Islam. We have to learn. hear, read, enquire, contemplate, make references and cross references and then ask questions. In the past, one is admitted into school of hadith at the age of 20 years, He is required to study for 40 years before he is allowed to make Fatwa. But today, one reads a book, a Translation without commentary, then followed by another without commentary, then another without commntary. I hope if you live long and continue reading you will come across what I told you is correct.
There is only one meaning of Allah that is the Lawgiver. It is Rabb that has many variations. Carefully examine the arguments in the Qur'an where Allah and son is mentioned and Rahman and son is mentioned. I hope you will come to conclusion that those who took the angles, Ezra and Jesus as the sons of Allah was based on Lordship (Rahman) and not Allahship. Thus why Muhammad said, in chapter 43:81 (issue of Rahman and not Allah having a son was dismissed by Muhammad), "If the Most Gracious (Rahman) had a son, then I am the first of Allah's worshippers". So the holy Prophet cut at the root of their argument and landed on worshipping (commanding) alone. Now, if we are arguing with the People of the Book, let us argue on worshipping Allah and leave everything aside. I hope I have explained myself now.
Friendship.

Edited by Friendship - 17 December 2008 at 10:43am
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 4:02am

To others who want to believe Friendship, I just want to add - Believe at your own peril!

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 1:48pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Nur Ilahi Posted:
(1) You want to make them (non-Muslims) understand Islam,. Their understanding of Islam that a righteous man is the son of God was what they understood in the Book of Genesis. If they call me the son of God, I will accept it because I believe I am righteous. If I do not accept I am unrighteous.
(11)  yet your version or explanation of Islam, even I a Muslim, cannot understand.
Response: You demonstrated your misunderstanding in your saying
: To others who want to believe Friendship. Where in the OT and NT Allah said that one should believe in what Friendship says? It is not Friendship who will make you understand Islam, but rather Allah. Thus why on the Day of Judgment Satan will say to those who failed to understand Islam, "Do not blame me, blame yourselves. I have no power over you and you have no power over me. I totally reject what you associate with me".
Friendship.

Who is more worthy of worship? God the creation or God the Creator?
IP IP Logged Report%20Post
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalamu alaikum.

Nur Ilahi Posted:
(1) You want to make them (non-Muslims) understand Islam,. Their understanding of Islam that a righteous man is the son of God was what they understood in the Book of Genesis. If they call me the son of God, I will accept it because I believe I am righteous. If I do not accept I am unrighteous.
(11)  yet your version or explanation of Islam, even I a Muslim, cannot understand.
Response: You demonstrated your misunderstanding in your saying
: To others who want to believe Friendship. Where in the OT and NT Allah said that one should believe in what Friendship says? It is not Friendship who will make you understand Islam, but rather Allah. Thus why on the Day of Judgment Satan will say to those who failed to understand Islam, "Do not blame me, blame yourselves. I have no power over you and you have no power over me. I totally reject what you associate with me".
Friendship.

peace and eddless love my brother my friend.
leland
Who is more worthy of worship? God the creation or God the Creator?
IP IP Logged Report%20Post
love for all conquers all
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Allah is your father...in the manner that he is the creator of your spirit.

My church refers to all of humanity as his children. This places an even greater responsibility on us as siblings. When we kill, we are all as guilty as Cain. When you hit your wife you are hitting the daughter of God and must someday answer to her very angry father. We are to honor and obey our father and creator.

Allah is the absolute creator. Of course, if Allah has no gender and no human attributes, you can also consider Allah your Mother....

Only you could do this, Angela. Good and let this be a lesson that no one should beat his wife.  LOL

BMZ
Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by BMZ BMZ wrote:

Only you could do this, Angela. Good and let this be a lesson that no one should beat his wife.� [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="LOL" />BMZ

I used to argue this point when I was a traditional Christian. People insist on giving God a male gender. Well, if "he" has no body, no form and is uncreated, then he can't be MALE and thus female pronouns would be just as fitting.

But, in the end, our creator does everything that a father does. He provides for us as he has created the whole world. He protects us by giving us the right path to follow. He disciplines us when we do wrong. He teaches us, albeit through Prophets, but the lessons are his. He loves us unconditionally, but he is firm and strict in his expectations.

Allah is my creator, he is the only one worthy of my worship. He is the father of my spirit and as his faithful daughter, I want to do all that I can to please him.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 1:45pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Angela posted:  But, in the end, our creator does everything that a father does. He provides for us as he has created the whole world. He protects us by giving us the right path to follow. He disciplines us when we do wrong. He teaches us, albeit through Prophets, but the lessons are his. He loves us unconditionally, but he is firm and strict in his expectations.
Response: In the parlance of Tauhid, Monotheism,this is what in the Islam brought by Muhammad Rasulullah is called  the SIFFAT of Allah i.e His Qualities, Peculiarities, Characteristics etc. For example, Allah said, "O My servants I have forbidden oppression for Myself (I do not do injustice on Myself), and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress".  In another He said, "Indeed Allah is (Good) Pure and does not accept anything but that which is pure".
Friendship.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic