IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why do muslim PRAY five times a day?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why do muslim PRAY five times a day?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malikalmaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why do muslim PRAY five times a day?
    Posted: 12 December 2008 at 6:03am
Can  they pray 50 times a day as was originally asked by Allah ( I learned...)
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 5:57pm
Hello Malikalmaut,

We have to pray 5 times a day (unless exempt for certain circumstances). but if you want and are able and won't neglect other responsbilites, go ahead and pray 50 times.

In fact we are encouraged to remember Allah constantly.So if you are really good you are remembering Allah all the time. We are seeking to purify our hearts, be obedient and completely submit

Take care
Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 6:47pm
Hayfa:
perfeccione la respuesta
Thumbs%20Up
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by malikalmaut malikalmaut wrote:

Can  they pray 50 times a day as was originally asked by Allah ( I learned...)

Your username caught my attention Smile

Its the Mercy, love  and Greatness of Allah swt  that we are rewarded with the reward of 50 times of offering salah, when we offer 5 times.

If a person still wishes to offer, he can offer nawafil salah anytime.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 8:55am
As salaamulaikum Brothers and Sisters. This is an Islamic Forum an we are Muslims (mostly).Lets try to act as such in every way(Inshallah)an that starts with the proper greetings.Even though there are non-Muslims here,doesnt give us an excuse not to.I just had to say this because there are already four post on this topic and no Salams.Anyway) May Allah bless us all(Ameen)back to the topic Brother and Sisters think about this, we make salat 5 times a day,Fajr 2 rakats Dhuhr 4 rakats Asr 4 rakats Maghrib 3 rakats Isha 4.17 total rakats mutiply that by 5 and you get 85.(Alhamduillah)
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

As salaamulaikum Brothers and Sisters. This is an Islamic Forum an we are Muslims (mostly).Lets try to act as such in every way(Inshallah)an that starts with the proper greetings.Even though there are non-Muslims here,doesnt give us an excuse not to.I just had to say this because there are already four post on this topic and no Salams.Anyway) May Allah bless us all(Ameen)back to the topic Brother and Sisters think about this, we make salat 5 times a day,Fajr 2 rakats Dhuhr 4 rakats Asr 4 rakats Maghrib 3 rakats Isha 4.17 total rakats mutiply that by 5 and you get 85.(Alhamduillah)

Assalamoalaikum:
Akhe
What is the logic of multiplying by 5 when you have already added up five prayer times?

If you see this as Table d'hote easily makes over the number "50" but depending on the individual temperament situation, place and times and eman's evolution of ehsan ....

Some go A la carte just for the obligatory!

Here is the Table d'hote of the prayers: You will see what I mean! 50+ Raka'a is a cinch................

Fajr : 2 Sunnah Al Moakkidah

2 Fardh.

Zohar : 4 Sunnah Al Moakkidah

4 Fardh

2 Al Moakkidah.

2 Nafl optional.

Asr :        4 Sunnah Al Ghair Moakkidah

4 Raka'a Fardh.

Maghrib : 3 Fardh

2 Al Moakkidah

2 Nafl (optional).

Isha :       4  AlGhair Moakkidah

4 Fardh

2 Al Moakkidah

2 Nafl

3 Witr (Waajib)

2 Nafl 

Other Salat (prayers):

Al Taraweeh: 20 or 8 

Tahajjud:  2/4/6 or 8

Tahiyatul Masjid: 2

Al Awwabeen: 6

Al Tasbeeh: 4

Nafls: No limit

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

[QUOTE=Akhe Abdullah]As salaamulaikum Brothers and Sisters. This is an Islamic Forum an we are Muslims (mostly).Lets try to act as such in every way(Inshallah)an that starts with the proper greetings.Even though there are non-Muslims here,doesnt give us an excuse not to.I just had to say this because there are already four post on this topic and no Salams.Anyway) May Allah bless us all(Ameen)back to the topic Brother and Sisters think about this, we make salat 5 times a day,Fajr 2 rakats Dhuhr 4 rakats Asr 4 rakats Maghrib 3 rakats Isha 4.17 total rakats mutiply that by 5 and you get 85.(Alhamduillah) Here is the Table d'hote of the prayers: You will see what I mean! 50+ Raka'a is a cinch................

Fajr : 2 Sunnah Al Moakkidah

� 2 Fardh.

Zohar : 4 Sunnah Al Moakkidah

4 Fardh

2 Al
Moakkidah.

2 Nafl optional.

Asr :        4 Sunnah Al Ghair
Moakkidah

�       4 Raka'a Fardh.

Maghrib : 3 Fardh

� 2 Al Moakkidah

�� 2 Nafl (optional).

Isha :       4� AlGhair
Moakkidah

� 4 Fardh

� 2 Al Moakkidah

� 2 Nafl

� 3 Witr
(Waajib)

� 2 Nafl�

<font face="Arial">Other Salat (prayers):

Al Taraweeh: 20 or 8�

Tahajjud:� 2/4/6 or 8

Tahiyatul Masjid: 2

Al Awwabeen: 6

Al Tasbeeh: 4

Nafls: No limit

As salaamulaikum Sign Reader.That is just saying if you wish to pray more than the obligatory times(Alhamduillah)then go right ahead May Allah except his prayers.(Ameen)I was just having fun with the brother see the Big smile.   
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 8:53am
As'sallamualaikum (jazakallah for the reminder Akhe Abdullah)

Btw fellow members - May Allah reward you all for your efforts, just wanted to say that after reading a few of Malikalmaut's posts . . . I'm starting to think he/she is a troll, here for some fun. He/She asks some really wierd Qs and gives nonsensical comments.

Regards,

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic