IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The House that Islam Built  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe House that Islam Built

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 6:49am

What great History class by the courtesy of International Village Idiots Association, exclusively for their Founder Members!

Three cheers for them!

Edited by Whisper - 08 December 2008 at 6:52am
Hyposonic View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 9:28am
Truthrealm said: Jesus IS the truth!

HMMMM, forgive me if I presume incorrectly but if you are a member of the Christian faith, how are you doing your faith justice by 'demonizing' another? Surely, your objective here is to discuss the 'house that Islam built' but you've only cited statistical records of individual carrying out attacks, and most of your post does not reflect title itself. Religious extremism whether committed 1000 times or 1 time does not make that religious violent less the religion itself condones unwarranted violence.

To Muslims, the United States and other allied forces continue terrorism in occupied lands. You cannot help deny the causation of so-called Islamic terrorism without citing those factors. I believe if used improperly [i.e. religion] people can become a terrorizing force. Also, let's be real there are some real Christian nuts out there. I see Christian proseltyzers in front of the planned parenthood clinics chastising young couples and even their small children. Don't forget the news reports of Christians committing violent acts so again, if religion is culpable for the acts of mere individuals then Christianity and Judaism are not excluded.

Edited by Hyposonic - 08 December 2008 at 9:28am
TruthRealm View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 9:38am
Originally posted by cadnu cadnu wrote:

Who are you, TruthRealm, to call them terrorists?  Will you be called a terrorist if you fight with your own people?  This shows you are very poor in vocabulary and history.

Who am I to call al-qaeda and the taliban terrorists?? You must be operating under some misunderstanding. I realize that you may have just come in and caught my post to Whisper about his last post on the vehicle bombing but still my response should have been clear to the discerning mind. My first paragraph told him clearly that that wasn't terrorism. And the article that he posted noted that they didn't even know who was responsible, and there was no suspicion of al-qaeda or the taliban mentioned that I noticed. In any case, I was advising Whisper that his post did not belong in this thread on terrorist acts in the name of Islam.

But the very nest paragraph you will notice that I said, "Oh but wait.....this is your way of showing your solidarity with known terrorists though, isn't it?"

This must be where your mind failed to shift and grasp that I was no longer referring to his post or what or who it was about but himself, and his decision to put a post about US military setbacks in a land where we are fighting with "terrorists"... in a thread about terrorist acts by Islamocists, and I was saying that in doing that, he was showing his solitary with "known" terrorists. Now once again, because in choosing a thread  about the evils of the taliban suicide bombers and other terrorist killing of civilians in the name of Allah, he chooses to take the opportunity to mock the US military, who are there spilling their own blood to help a(nother) country gain control of their own lands (and take the fight to these  taliban and al-qaeda terrorists), he is clearly taking a side in the fight.

Quote My sincere advice to TruthRealm is first study history and then opine...

And my sincere advice to you Cadnu is first to learn context and structure and perhaps even clarify concerns with a question or two and then accuse, less Allah finds you a false accuser.

[/QUOTE]

Edited by TruthRealm - 08 December 2008 at 9:54am
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

What great History class by the courtesy of International Village Idiots Association, exclusively for their Founder Members!

Three cheers for them!

You can always count on Whisper to try to win a cheap point through innuendo, back slapping, ad-hominem attacks and false accusing.

Edited by TruthRealm - 08 December 2008 at 9:50am
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 10:30am
You can always count on Whisper to try to win a cheap point through innuendo, back slapping, ad-hominem attacks and false accusing.

The day you get yourself professional attention and make those around you safe, you might deserve some serious adult attention. Duende is right, you are a troll who feeds on our attention.

Birds of a feather . . .  

Edited by Whisper - 08 December 2008 at 10:31am
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Hyposonic Hyposonic wrote:

Truthrealm said: Jesus IS the truth!

HMMMM, forgive me if I presume incorrectly but if you are a member of the Christian faith, how are you doing your faith justice by 'demonizing' another?

I am not demonizing their faith. The closest I came to that was in combining the words Islam and fascists and when I was chastized for using a word that was insensitive to faithful and honorable Muslims, I apologized for using it and ceased in doing so, even though in using it I was referring only to the fanatical elements within the religion. Even in this thread, I posted a link making clear that these postings of terrorist acts was not aimed at Muslims as a whole.

Quote Surely, your objective here is to discuss the 'house that Islam built' but you've only cited statistical records of individual carrying out attacks, and most of your post does not reflect title itself. Religious extremism whether committed 1000 times or 1 time does not make that religious violent less the religion itself condones unwarranted violence.

Your comment has merit but that point was already made with the link that I posted right afterwards. I chose the right heading for this thread because this specific modern day terrorism is "all" coming from people claiming to represent Islam and claiming to be doing Allah's work. I didn't choose a title like "The Fruit of Islam" because there are many fruits of Islam, like there are many fruits of Christianity, some good and some not.

Quote To Muslims, the United States and other allied forces continue terrorism in occupied lands.

Now here you are applying a "label" to the entire Muslim population. I would counsel you that there are many Muslims who can tell the difference between terrorism, which intends attacks on innocent civilians, and military action against terrorists in conjunction with Muslim elements within the countries and their governments.

Quote You cannot help deny the causation of so-called Islamic terrorism without citing those factors.

This comment seems to be missing a word, and I can't place it, but if you are trying to say that our military presence in the area is the "causation" for the terrorism, then you are sadly mistaken. Terrorists will always find a "causation" to attach to the unjustifiable acts of killing innocent civilians.  In Mumbai, the "causation" is not about occupation. There, they would say maybe "territorial dispute".

Quote I believe if used improperly [i.e. religion] people can become a terrorizing force.

Agreed.

Also, let's be real there are some real Christian nuts out there. I see Christian proseltyzers in front of the planned parenthood clinics chastising young couples and even their small children.

You are now going to equate this with suicide bombing and other terrorist acts? Are you joking?  If you are serious, then you would be the one who would have a problem with the entirety of Islam, not me.

Quote Don't forget the news reports of Christians committing violent acts so again, if religion is culpable for the acts of mere individuals then Christianity and Judaism are not excluded.

Yes, no religion is excluded. All violent acts in the name of God should be condemned, regardless of the religion practiced.

But if tomorrow, a terrorist straps C-4 explosives to his body and walks into your local neighborhood grocery store and detonates himself, killing a bunch of unaware shoppers along with himself, you can condemn that act and seek to understand what he was representing without having to say "But remember others representing other beliefs have also done bad things", and you can reasonably expect those who shared his views to speak out and condemn the horrible act without saying something like "But remember the store owner is breaching his property rights with their trucks crossing over his parking lot."
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

The day you get yourself professional attention and make those around you safe, you might deserve some serious adult attention. Duende is right, you are a troll who feeds on our attention.

Birds of a feather . . .  

Oh yeah, I forgot one: The moment I challenge your minds and make you think, I've caused you some emotional stress and thus i'm a troll looking for emotional response.

Sad folks.....really sad.

Allah is watching.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic