IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What are the Muslim hobbies today?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are the Muslim hobbies today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tariq abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are the Muslim hobbies today?
    Posted: 05 December 2008 at 2:35pm
What are the Muslims favorite things to do in general today...it used to be archery..now what do the Muslims find entertaining..? Is it movies TV comics...or halal things like Reading the holy book.. Please tell us what your hobbies are and what do you think is the most popular of hobbies today in modern life..
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 1:47am
Interesting topic . . .  this should be fun.

My hobbies include keeping pets, reading (on various subjects e.g. animal care, islam, religions, social issues, fiction, biographies etc) writing, TV (i like comedy stuff), browsing internet . . . nail art . Also pondering over issues and making castles in the air :p

I tend to obsess over a particular hobby, and then get bored of it, so need something new :p so far, My Pets and Reading is the only consistent hobby of mine. (taking care of animals and showing rahmah to them is reward-worthy i.e act of sadaqah)

oH YEA, I used to collect feathers, but then i lost my collection :(

You didnt mention your hobbies Tariq Abu. . .

Edited by Chrysalis - 11 December 2008 at 1:49am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 3:03pm
Salam
My robbies include reading, and practicing martial arts. I find these two hobbies are wonderful. They keep me busy when I'm not making salah. Otherwise i try to do something that concerns Islam like listen to lectures by various sheikhs.
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 4:45pm
I read, rescue cats, practice OYA crochet, Do a womens group at the masjid, work, sew, and cook..when I have the time. My marriage contract does not specify housework, does yours?
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 5:02pm
As salaamulaikum Brothers and Sisters.May Allah bless you and be apart of your everyday life experience(Ameen). [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="middle" />I guess Ill be the first to mention ICF also SF for those of you who know about the site,Weightlifting,practicing memorization,playing with my children,going to my youngest sons basketball games and latelty I have been taking Arabic classes at my local Masjid(Alhamduillah)

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 15 December 2008 at 5:06pm
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 5:14pm
Mashallah brother. To me, learning Arabic is one of my major goals! I won't feel good about myself until i become fluent. I'll feel like a failure.
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by JihadX JihadX wrote:

Mashallah brother. To me, learning Arabic is one of my major goals! I won't feel good about myself until i become fluent. I'll feel like a failure.
As salaamulaikum Brother JihadX. Nice to hear from you again.I know exactly what you mean.Its not to late to start.I was also tired of just getting by with just greetings and words of Praises you kind of feel like you havent realy learnt anything like you are behind but Allah Ta ala got our back Akh(Inshallah).
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 5:34pm
Naam, inshallah i'm going to University Of Madeenah next summer for the Arabic Program. I'm also debating on studying hadith or sharia. what do you say?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic