IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What A Muslim should know.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What A Muslim should know.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What A Muslim should know.
    Posted: 19 October 2008 at 3:21am
Assalamu alaikum.

Guidelines for the strict interpretation of the holy Qur�ān, the actions of the holy Prophet have being agreed upon by Muslim scholars and jurists.  What are relevant to this exercise are the following guidelines:

(1)   Muhammad Rasūlullah had explained in details within the capacity of every individual the intended meaning of what Allah revealed to him as our Guidance.

(2)   Muhammad Rasūlullah had practically demonstrated to us within the capacity of every individual how to perform an Ibadat (act of worship).

(3)   His actions (Sunna) are not governed by Ta�awil and opinion. This reality was explained in the defeat of the Muslim army, during the battle of Uhud. However, elucidations allowed for the sake of clarity must be kept within the circles of his Sunna and not in anyway explained in a manner to confuse one or ridicule the Sunna. This field should be left alone to those with an in depth knowledge of his life history. The incident at the battle of Uhud indicated that Allah does not forgive the one who misunderstood the Sunna of the holy Prophet. This was in contrast to His forgiveness of the participants of the battle of Badr who did not act according to Qur �an 47:4, �So when you meet (in fight �Jihad in Allah�s cause) those who disbelieve, smite (their) necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives). Thereafter, (is the time) either for generosity (i.e. free them without ransom), or ransom (according to what benefits Islam), until the war lays down its burden�. Had the holy Prophet incorporated this verse into his Sunna (i.e. explained in his own words), Allah would not have forgiven them. Sa'ad bin Muadth who understood the maning of the verse praised by the holy Apostle when he saw sign of disgust on his face when the Muslim army was collecting the booty.

(4)    Every word should be explained with its real meaning (to fit into the Sunna of the holy Apostle) so that it shows the reality of its objective.

(5)   Every word should be explained with reference to the context of the main theme (action) of the holy Prophet.

(6)   Elucidations should be guided with reference to the Sahabas reflecting the last 10 years of the holy Prophet�s life and the life (actions) of the 4 rightly guided Khalīfas. Elucidations should not go out of the following Ahādith:

(a)   Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them; He has set limits, so do not out pass them; He has marked certain things forbidden, so do not commit violations with regard to them; and He has said nothing about certain things, as an act of mercy to you, not out of forgetfulness, so do not go enquiring into these.

(b)   Whoever rejects my Sunna is not part of me.

(c)    A free-man associates with the one he loved.

The Sahabas also left for us how we should relate with the holy Apostle. TAen of them were assured of paradise and a wise one would certainly follow their footsteps. �Umar bin Khattāb was quoted saying:

(a)   It is not permissible for one to name something not in the manner named by the holy Prophet.

(b)   Judge yourself before you are judged and weigh your deeds according to the Sunna of the holy Prophet before the Day of Judgment. Prepare yourself for the desires of the Great Day, the Day when you will be brought to judgment, and your secret will not be hidden.

(c)    No one can establish justice except the one who stands alone and is not bald and greedy.

The pupils of the Sahabas also left behind their admonitions for us:

(a)   Rabī� bin Anas said, �It is obligatory for a believer to explain Islam as explained by the holy Prophet and to warn people as warned by him�.

(b)   Mālik bin Anas said, �As for me I am on what Allah has explained. But as for you, you are in doubt. Be with the one in doubt and argue with him�.

(c)    He also said, �There is no Fitna (enchantment) more than when one thinks that he can surpass the holy Prophet on virtues�.

(d)   Muhammad bin Sa�d Naisabūri said, �No one can get close to Allah except with Allah by complying with what His beloved one, Muhammad Rasūlullah taught and practiced. Whoever took a path to get close to Allah without following the model of Muhammad Rasūlullah has certainly gone astray, thinking that he is on the right path�[1].

(e)   Abū �Aliyu Hasan bin �Aliyu Jūzajānī said, �Among the signs of a successful (felicity) devotee is how obedience is made easy for him, his compliance with the Sunna, his association with the righteous, his etiquette and how he relates with his relations�.  

It is important we understand that each and every one of us will be called to account for his deeds according to his ability and all the favours Allah bestowed on him in this world. Allah says in Qur'an, 17:36, "Verily! Hearing, and the sight, and the heart, of each of these one should be questioned by Allah". One has to ensure that whatever one read must be the assured certainty. Taqlid is not allowed. The holy Prophet said, 'SILENCE IS HALF OF FAITH'
Friendship

[1] I�tisam by Shāţibii Vol.1, P.153.

Edited by Friendship - 09 January 2009 at 2:24am
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 7:59am
الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 8:13am

Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

The holy Prophet said, 'SILENCE IS HALF OF FAITH'
Please provide details as to the context in which he said that (in case he did say that) and the details of the Sahih where it is recorded if you are truthful in your claim.

I insist on this because I have not come across such a narration as the one you have posted and therefore need proof on its authenticity,

Further I would like to remind you that it was narrated in a saheeh hadeeth that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

�Whoever narrates a hadeeth from me knowing that it is false, he is one of the liars.� (Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh).

And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

�Whoever narrated from me something that I did not say, let him take his place in Hell.� (Saheeh, agreed upon).

And there are many similar ahaadeeth.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic