IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Sahaaba part 2  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Sahaaba part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Sahaaba part 2
    Posted: 04 October 2008 at 3:23pm
Salaams...
i wanted to know what do u all think:

was H.Abu Talib (a.s) the Father of Imam Ali (a.s) a Muslim???

wsalaam
regards
Asda
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 1:45am
Salaam,

In the seerahs i've read, its reported that he declined to believe. Allah knows best.
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
asda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 9:56am
Allah says in surah Al Nisa- Verses 139 and 144
Those who take the unbelievers for guardians rather than believers.
Do they seek honor for them ? Then surely all honor is for Allah.

O you who believe ! do not take the unbelievers as protectors instead of than believers; do you desire that you should give to Allah a manifest proof against yourselves ?

This is a Mecci Surah, where the above verses advise the believers not to take unbelievers as helpers or protectors. How could the Prophet get help from an unbeliever if we assume Abu Talib is unbeliever?!

Edited by asda - 13 October 2008 at 9:57am
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 7:08am
Prophet Muhammad did not take Abu Talib as a guardian rather Abu Talib took to protect his nephew. The only protector the Prophet chose was Allah.
asda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 8:45am
there is no evidence that Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) moved away from the guardianship of H.Abu Talib in his life time....PLEASE DONT FORGET: it is a surity that this verse was revealed after Prophet (s.a.w) was 40+...and at this anybody can live independently...but the PROPHET DID NOT CHOOSE THIS OPTION...WAS HE DISOBEYING ALLAH (s.w.t) (maazallah)?????

secondly Prophet (s.a.w) chose H.Abu Talib his PROTECTOR WEN HE LIVED IN "SHAIB E ABI TALIB" wen the makkans had bycotted them...again i ask the same question above.....
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 9:22am
Whether AbuTalib was a believer or not, there was no reason for the Prophet to move away from him. AbuTalib took care of the Prophet when he was orphaned as a child and treated him like a son. Your interpretation of 4:139,144 is flawed. Most of the early muslims lived with their unbelieving families. I dont think anyone of them abandoned their relatives because of these verses.
Coming to the point, it doent matter for a muslim's faith whether AbuTalib was a believer or not. Allah knows best. Its better to leave it at that rather than deciding on something only Allah knows. You're deciding who were believers and who went on to disbelieve. Thats not right . Leave it to Allah, He knows best.
asda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 12:48pm
the discussion of the sahaaba is relevent because they are the people who actually helped the Prophet (a.s) and the ahlel bayt (a.s) to spread the religion.... if the truth is not identified, then one can have a flawed source of information of Islam....

if i have given a wrong interpretation, then what do u think is the right interpretation of this verse??? enlighten me if i am wrong.....

atleast one has to believe that the Protection of the Prophet (a.s) was his own choice at shaib e abi talib....
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 2:53pm
Assalamu alaikumC
The discussion of the sahaaba is relevent because they are the people who actually helped the Prophet (a.s) and the ahlel bayt (a.s) to spread the religion.... if the truth is not identified, then one can have a flawed source of information of Islam....

Answer: If it is important to discus above the Sahabas. Equally, it is most most important for one to be careful and always remember what the holy Prophet said about them. He said, "Do not subb (abuse, ridicule, dishonour) my Sahabas. Anybody who maltreats them has maltreated me".  I do not undertand why Asad you are concerned with the ahl-beit? Did not Allah said, "That was a nation who has passed away. They shall receive the reward of what they earned and you of what you earn. And you will not be asked of what they used to do". We have more problem than them. Let us address our problem! No Islamic country has a Khalifa! Why?
Abu Talib did indeed believed. Read The Life of Muhammad by A. Guillaume (1987 edition),  Pp 160,170. Qardawi said in his book Kaifa nata'allamu bil Qur'an, ( or in another book), "Any one who says that Abu Talib did not believe should give proof of his disbelief (or should tell his sins).  How old was Abu Talib when the Mission was started? At that age who would be to comprehend? When does dementia starts? Abu Talib did Allah IOntended him to do. He saved Muhammad and never allowed him to be harmed. May Allah reward him for that! Have you ever watched the Message by Mustapha Aqad?
Friendship.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic