IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Recommend a biography of Muhammad?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recommend a biography of Muhammad?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2008 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

I have written a small book just over 200 pages about Muhammad. It is now going edition and I am reviewing it. If need your email to send the following sections to you:
Thanks very much for the offer, Friendship.  I will send you a private message.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2008 at 8:11am

Hi Ron,

Also try "Muhammad - A Prophet for our Time" by Karen Armstrong. You can take a peek at this site.

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2008 at 9:02am

Assalamu alaikum.

I cannot find the book in the site you recommended. The authors name also did no appear.

Friendship.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2008 at 8:53am
Wa alaikum salaam,

Sorry about that. Seems like we lost the page. Ok, click on the link I've given and search for the book. Search words : muhammad karen armstrong. Once search results are shown, click on "Browse Inside" under the name of the book.
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 1:03pm
Hi Ron :

This is a GREAT Biography of Prophet Muhammad, highly reccommended. I have it too. Not too lengthy, has just about the right amount of info. You should definitely check it out. . .

'The Sealed Nectar' - Ar Raheeq Al Maktoom. Is in english. Author : Saifur Rahman al- Mubarakpur

I think there some excerpts of it on the net . . . i will have to look up and post later.

Regards,

PS: I could not find the online version . . . however, here is another website I came across, that is a very short summary of Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) : www.prophetofislam.com

Edited by Chrysalis - 27 November 2008 at 1:09pm
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 4:18pm
Thanks, Chrysalis.  Alwardah has also recommended The Sealed Nectar, and provided an online link: http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/SM_tsn/index.htm .  I will download it and try to read it next year.  (No time this year, things are getting very busy for me right now.)
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 11:05am

Ron,

In addition to those mentioned, you might appreciate this one, which is less hagiographical.  Your library ought to be able to get it -mine did.  I (speaking as a non-Muslim) found it informative and, with Lings, one is in reputable academic hands:

http://www.amazon.com/Muhammad-Life-Based-Earliest-Sources/dp/1594771537

Best regards, 

Serv
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 12:25pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Yes, indeed the true picture of Muhammad Rasulullah is misrepresented by his followers to the World. The best biography of Muhammad is the holy Qur'an. The best translation of the holy Qur'an is by Abul Ala Maududi. I read Martin Lings long ago.
In my effort to give a much better picture of Muhammad Rasulullah to the Children of Israel and the West, I am about to publish my Book, Muhammad Rasulullah and the People of the Book, His Kindness, Benevolence and Largeheartedness.  Understanding Muhammad must involve the Children of Israel, because they knew of his impending arrival. But when he came they rejected him. They should confess this to the world. I advised Ron to ask questions about what he wants to know.
Friendship.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic