IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Khilafat  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Khilafat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Khilafat
    Posted: 28 September 2008 at 6:47am
Salaams..

i wanted to know does Allah (s.w.t) establish khilafat???(on earth)..
If he does, then in what particular way?? is there a process??
Does the Quran tell us of any such way he will establish khilafat??

if he does not, does quran guide us in any way to do it ourself?

wsalaam

Edited by asda - 28 September 2008 at 6:48am
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2008 at 1:07pm

Assalamu alaikum.

Khilafat means vicegerency. We are all vicegerences of Allah. Qur 'an 2:30. Allah explained that in Qur 'an 38:26, Prophet David's example and is general. For their function see Qur'an 22:41. There are alot of books written on this subject matter beginning with the write up of Imam Mawardi (d. 450 A.H). I can give you some Arabic references if you like. Look for the Islamic state by Taqiudin an-Nabhani ISBN 1 899574 00X.  It is unfortunate that the Muslim Umma are governing themselves under the influence of the ideology of Nimrod. See Reverend Matthew Henry's commentary on the whole Bible unabrigded copy, the Book of Genesis chapter 10:6-14 page 31. There is no Muslim country qualified according to the Shari'a of Prophet Moses to be called an Islamic State. See Exodus 31:2-11; 35-30; 36-1. This was also the Shari'a of Muhammad Rasulullah. We can have peace in the world if we apply the Shari'a in the Old Testament since the Muslims (followers of Muhammad) do not understand its inclusion in the holy Qur'an. If the Western World could sponsor a conference of honest, intelligent, Allah fearing islamic scholars with a scientific background to discuss the issue of world peace; the Bible versus the Sunna of Muhammad, that would be the greatest conference to be held in the world. The children of Israel must be prepared to tell the truth about Muhammad and their stay in Madina. This is the only way to reduce and neutralize the influence of Ben Ladan in the Muslim world. We must have a Khalifa according to the Covenant Muhammad Rasulullah entered with his cousins the children of Israel in Madina. Since their ancestors supported him, their grandchildren must support him today also.

Friendship.
asda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 4:17am
But what kind of leadership are we looking at?? democratic??? dictator?? etc??? has god shown us the way things will be govenrned on earth after Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w)??

ok,from the knowledge i take from ure statement, my questions is,
Does Allah (s.w.t) chooses a leader for us?? as i have heard from other members that the khilafat e rashideen was established by Allah (s.w.t)...(mazallah)..
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 11:39am
The kind of leadership we are looking for today is that of the Democracy described by Allah in Exodus 18:13-27 and Duet 1-9-18 and Qur'an 17:41 and 49:13. In Islamic jurisprudence this is called Mulk Nabawiyy and not Mulk Siyasi or Tab'iyy. Allah will not choose a leader for us using His hands  Power and Might. He has chosen Islam for us, completed and perfcted it and was pleased with it as our way of life. He described to us what to look for in choosing a leader in the Scriptures right from Prophet Abraham and concluded by Muhammad Rasulullah. For example the holy Prophet appointed leaders based on the knowledge they had of the Sunna and not the mere knowledge of holy Qur'an. Allah gave us the choice to choose between evil and good, peace and conflict. He could choose a leader a leader for us but that will be against His Will Plan and Decree, for He said in Qur'an chapter 26:4, If We will, We could send down to them from the heaven a sign, to which they would bend their necks in humility. We are looking for a way out, but we refused to recognize it despite the disaster facing the world. So Allah said,  Qur'an chapter 26:5; And never comes there unto them a Reminder (Katrina, Al-Qaeda, Economic downturn, earthquakes, flood, draught etc) as a recent revelation from the Most Gracious, but they turn away therefrom. I will repeat: the hisory of Joseph in Egypt, Moses in Egypt and Muhammad in Madina are enough to convince even the most imbecile about the need we come back to the Shari'a of Allah. Allah stopped choosing leaders on His Own Accord after Muhammad Rasulullah. Remember the story of Saul revealing that when people want peace they must resort to Allah.  How could David slaughter the giant Goliath? So, it is only a Khalifa that can bring peace to the world and not the brute might of Washington, Britain, Germany, France, japan and their accomplices the Arab monarchs. We fight with tongue and not missiles!
Frienship.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 12:10am
Originally posted by asda asda wrote:

Salaams..

i wanted to know does Allah (s.w.t) establish khilafat???(on earth)..
If he does, then in what particular way?? is there a process??
Does the Quran tell us of any such way he will establish khilafat??

if he does not, does quran guide us in any way to do it ourself?

wsalaam

Quite an important question about establishment of Khilafat in the Ummah. The first point to remember is that by a Hadith, it is informed that every prophethood is to be followed by the Khilafat (reference later Insha Allah).

1. Every prophet will be followed by the Khilafat.

Now Umar and Abubakr were just the two persons. Please read the verse 24:55 which says:

24:55, It is  Allah's promise to the believers (with Minkum) and those who do befitting deeds that He will surely establish Khilafat for them in the land. And He (Allah) will grant strength to the religion that He had preferred for them. And He (Allah) will change the state of any fearfulness  into peacefulness.

They will serve only Me (Allah) and they will not associate aught with me (by Shirk). And any one who disagreed with that (Khilafat) after it was established  then those will be the fasiqoon ( The breakers of oath of allegiance).

In the verse above, it is the promise of Allah to the believers. It is not a propmise to Abubakr or Umar. It is a promise to all believers that He will surely establish Khilafat amongst them. We know that Allah does not forget His promise.

Now please come back to the actual question of how the Khilafat will be established amongst all Muslims (Not only amongst Abubakr or Umar). Please note as follows:

1. As per Quran, all important matters of the Muslims are decided by mutual consultation (Mushawarat).= (Wa Amruhum Shoora baina hum)

2. The 23 years life period of the prophet and his teachings are enough to guide the Ummah. The Muslims have the book of Allah and a complete picture of the life of the prophet (Sunnah) before them. The various struggles during the 23 years are enough to guide them to the right path.
3. The practical teachings of 23 years cannot be said to go down the drain in a moment. One christian asked me the same question about how and why the Khilafat can be established. I gave same reply that teachings of 23 years are enough to guide the followers.
4. They know what to do and how to do. The whole lot can't be ignorants.
5. There is always severe danger after the death of the prophet and a state of great fear for the Ummah, as mentioned in the verse 24:55.
6. The enemy is usually ready and poised to attack the already sorrowful Ummah whose Imam has passed away. No moment should be lost in chosing the new Imam.

Whether any one will agree with me or not. But that is what I feel about the establishment of Khilafat e rashidah in the Ummah. Abubakr, Umar , Uthman and Ali (r.anhum) were all the truely guided caliphs of this Ummah. Wassalam.  mm

Edited by minuteman - 18 October 2008 at 12:16am
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 12:48am
The answers given are just great Clap

It took 14 centuries for the enemy to pull it down it must have some thing good to talk about!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 18 October 2008 at 12:57am
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
asda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 11:47am
Actually i wanted to know ure position, as to ure planning in future...but if u want to take this thread and prove the khilafat of abu bakr, then its ure own choice

Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

Quite an important question about establishment of Khilafat in the Ummah. The first point to remember is that by a Hadith, it is informed that every prophethood is to be followed by the Khilafat (reference later Insha Allah).

1. Every prophet will be followed by the Khilafat.

�Now Umar and Abubakr were just the two persons. Please read the verse 24:55 which says:

� 24:55, It is �Allah's promise to the believers (with Minkum) and those who do befitting deeds that He will surely establish Khilafat for them in the land. And He (Allah) will grant strength to the religion that He had preferred for them. And He (Allah) will change the state of any fearfulness �into peacefulness.

�They will serve only Me (Allah) and they will not associate aught with me (by Shirk). And any one who disagreed with that (Khilafat) after it was established� then those will be the fasiqoon ( The breakers of oath of allegiance).

�In the verse above, it is the promise of Allah to the believers. It is not a propmise to Abubakr or Umar. It is a promise to all believers that He will surely establish Khilafat amongst them. We know that Allah does not forget His promise.

br. minuteman..... Please quote the exact translation of the verse to avoid TAHRIF AND MISUNDERSTANDING and gunaah...
24:55. All�h has promised those among you who believe, and do righteous good deeds, that He will certainly grant them succession to (the present rulers) in the earth, as He granted it to those before them, and that He will grant them the authority to practise their religion, that which He has chosen for them (i.e. Isl�m). And He will surely give them in exchange a safe security after their fear (provided) they (believers) worship Me and do not associate anything (in worship) with Me. But whoever disbelieved after this, they are the F�siq�n (rebellious, disobedient to All�h).

http://www.dar-us-salam.com/TheNobleQuran/surah24.html

My question still remains, is there any example in the past b4 Prophet Muhammad(s.a.w) which shows similarity of appintment of khalifa as was done at Saqifa????

�Now please come back to the actual question of how the Khilafat will be established amongst all Muslims (Not only amongst Abubakr or Umar). Please note as follows:

�1. As per Quran, all important matters of the Muslims are decided by mutual consultation (Mushawarat).= (Wa Amruhum Shoora baina hum)

how does it include the matter of caliphate and successorship wen Allah (s.w.t) has already said that he will establish Khilafa....now u have kept it on muslims.....arent ure views in contrast to each other...i mean they contradict...

2. The 23 years life period of the prophet and his teachings are enough to guide the Ummah. The Muslims have the book of Allah and a complete picture of the life of the prophet (Sunnah) before them. The various struggles during the 23 years are enough to guide them to the right path.

3. The practical teachings of 23 years cannot be said to go down the drain in a�moment. One christian asked me the same question about how and why the Khilafat can be established. I gave same reply that teachings of 23 years are enough to guide the followers.

4. They know what to do and how to do. The whole lot can't be ignorants.

The above points have been answered to u...but still...i will repeat it.....the teachings of the prophet (s.a.w) was complete and usefull to whole mankind...so please dont accuse the shias of believing that his teachings went in vain....its a tohmat....

5. There is always severe danger after the death of the prophet and a state of great fear for the Ummah, as mentioned in the verse 24:55.

6. The enemy is usually ready and poised to attack the already sorrowful Ummah whose Imam has passed away. No moment should be lost in chosing the new Imam.

these are vain attempts...plzz....the matter of khilafat could have been decided after 2-3 days after the Prophet's burial....THE ARMY OF THE PROPHET (a.s) WAS NOT SLEEPING AT THAT TIME!!!!!!

Edited by asda - 18 October 2008 at 11:51am
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 8:46pm
  I did not blame the Shias. There is no Tohmat. There were no Shias when Khilafat was established by Allah. Please note that Allah promised those who belived and did befitting deeds that he will establish them in land as He established those before time. How He will do it is another matter, not discussed here.

The promise is about the establishment of Khilafat as it had been the practice of the past. That He established Khilafat in the past too. It is not necessary that the modus operandi should also be the same. The method of establishment is not necessary that a person will be nominated. Ours is a new religion, different to the Jewish and Christians. It is written in the Quran that the matters will be decided by consultation and not nomination.

We thank Allah that the prophet did not nominate any successor otherwise this religion would have been like kingdoms. Just imagine asda, what happened when hazrat Mua'wiyah nominated yazeed. Do you see the problem of nominations. It is no where in the world in present times.

In the believers are all included, the Sahabas (Companions) including the ahle bait al Ali and ahle bait an Nabi. They are all believers, followers of the prophet s.a.w.s. The only condition is that if the believers performed befitting deeds then Khilafat will be established. If their deeds will not be befitting, the Khilafat will be taken away from them.

That is what happened during the time of Hazrat Ali r.a. They were all divided and there was too much infighting. That was the end of Khilafat e Rashidah.

Edited by minuteman - 19 October 2008 at 8:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic