IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Seal of prophet-KhatamanNabiyyeenand othe  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSeal of prophet-KhatamanNabiyyeenand othe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seal of prophet-KhatamanNabiyyeenand othe
    Posted: 20 September 2008 at 4:33am
matters.

SR

Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.
Here is ahmedis  interpretation OF seal of prophets, Khataman Nabiyyeen.

They say Khatam is derived from the word Khatama which means sealed, stamped, impressed or imprinting the thing. This is the primary signification the this word. the secondary meaning is he reached the end of the thing, or covered the thing or protected what is in writhing by marking or stamping a piece of clay uopn it or by means of seal of any kind.

Khatam means a stamp, a seal or a mark.
(the purpose of a seal is not to close a statement but to certify it as correct. That is why often a seal is affixed to a document at its top and in other cases it is affixed at its bottom or at its end. Its purpose is to certify the genuineness and correctness of the contents of the document.)

The word also signifies embellishment and ornament ; the best and most perfect.
The words Khatim and khatm and khatam are almost synonymous.
So the expression Khatam would mean the seal of prophets, the best and the most perfect of the prophets, the embellishment and ornament of the prophets. secondarily it means the last of the prophets

Briefly according to meaning of Khatam given above, one  can have 3 possible meanings.

1.No prophet and his message can be regarded as true unless his prophethood bears
the  the seal of Holy prophet [pbuh]

2.The Holy prophet was the best, noblest and the most perfect of all the prophets and he was also a source of  embellishment  for them

3.The holy prophet was the last of the law bearing prophets

From the above interpretation of theirs, can u plz tell me how it
in any way effect the status of prophet (pbuh) or in any way disrespects him. what i can say is that this interpretation
further higher/raises his status, greatness than merely using the word Last. I ask u, how can above be any threat to islam or damaging to prophet(pbuh).

Edited by H3OO - 26 September 2008 at 5:18am
H3OO View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2008 at 4:39am
it is only  their interpretation of the word seal of prophets/ Khataman Nabiyyeen that is different

So what crime is it if any faith differently interprets it.
is their any compulsion on them in interpreting the way they feel is true.
it definitely seems that we are putting some compulsion on them that they should only interpret the way we do and not use their own mind or they'll be hated. isnt it sir.

we see so many scholars wrongly interpreting islamic teachings that is causing great harm to islam but remain silent there but when an ahmedi group differently interpret something for which they also give some reasoning it still becomes such a big crime (even though there interpretation is in no way effecting islam in a negative way or badmouthing prophet [sa] or abusing quran)

Quran is a book of God but he has left it on us to understand it, interpret it and so if they want to understand it the they feel is true, what is wrong with that.
in the end its God who will decide whose interpretation is right or wrong.
we just need to learn to listen to each others point view, accept the one we feel is right and move on.

Edited by H3OO - 20 September 2008 at 5:11am
H3OO View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2008 at 4:46am

The Prophet of Ahmadiiya community stated with regrads to Holy prophet (pbuh)

The person who was above all, and was a perfect man, and a perfect prophet, and who came with the fullness of blessings, through whom, on account of his spiritual advent and the spiritual resurrection that he brought about, the first judgment manifested itself and a whole universe that was dead was revived, that blessed prophet Khatamul Anbiya, Leader of the elect, Katamul Mursileen, Pride of the Prophets was Muhammad Mustafa, peace and the blessings of Allah by upon him. (Itmamul Hujjah, p.28)

He claimed:

Allah is Glorious, Allah is Glorious; what a high station was that of the Khatamul Anbiya, the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. Glory be to Allah, what high degree of light was his. (Braheen Ahmadiyya, p.246)

My belief that I hold in this life and with which, by the grace of Allah, I shall pass on from this world is that our lord and master, Muhammad Mustafa, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, was Khataman Nabiyyeen and the best of Messengers. (Izala Auham, part I, p.137)

He declared:

I believe in the Khatam-i-Nabuwat of the Khatamul Anbjya, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, and consider one who denies the Khatam-i-Nabuwat as faithless and outside the pale of Islam. (Taqreer Wajabul llan, 1891)

He has stated:

My belief is that our Holy Prophet is better and more exalted than all the Messengers and is Khataman Nabiyyeen. (Ayenah Kamalat Islam, p.327)

He has declared:

I believe that our Holy Prophet, Hazrat Muhammad Mustafa, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, is more exalted than all the Messengers and is the Khatamul Anbiya. (Hamamatul Bushra, p.8)

He has affirmed:

I believe truly and perfectly in the verse which says: 'But he was the Messenger of Allah and Khataman Nabiyyeen'. (Ek Ghati Ka Izala)

He has stated:

I call Allah, the Glorious, to witness that I am not a disbeliever. My doctrine is that there is no one worthy of worship save Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah . I believe concerning him that he was the Messenger of Allah and the Khataman Nabiyyeen. I affirm the truth of this statement with as many oaths as are the Holy names of Allah and as are the letters of the Holy Quran and as is the number of the excellencies of the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. No belief of mine is contrary to the commands of Allah and His Messenger. He who imagines anything contrary to this labors under a mis-conception. (Karamatus Sadiqeen, p.25)

so its clear they do consider Prophet (pbuh) 

Khatamul Anbiya but just the difference of interpretation.

Edited by H3OO - 20 September 2008 at 4:56am
H3OO View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2008 at 4:53am
secondly the thing that they say that a prophet can come after prophet (pbuh).

what they say is that prophet (pbuh) is last law bearing prophet. no new prophet can come with a new law or book or abrogate the teachings of Prophet (pbuh).
the new prophet will not bring any new law or book but  propagate the teachings of islam, will be the follower/servant of prophet(pbuh) and propagate his teachings, clarify his teachings, get the real message of islam across us which surely we have lost as today seen  by numerous irrational interpretations of islam.

He will be be from his(sa) ummah and not bring any new religion Sharia. so it does make some sence and in no way is any threat to islam or against islam.

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2008 at 11:59pm

Many Deobandi Maulvis i.e. like Ashraf Ali Thanvi sahib and some others had written in their translation of the Quran about Khatam an Nabiyeen as "Seal of the prophets"= Nabiuon ki Muhr. One of their founders of Deobandi school also wrote about it in a book that to translate "Last"  for Khatam is not a correct meaning. It is a very low level meaning, like a fat prophet or a tall prophet, we will have a last prophet.

He said that this word Khatam is in praise of the prophet and last cannot have any praise.  The Imam of the Hadith, Imam Tirmidhi also said that to translate the word Khatam as the last prophet is the translation of the ignorant people.
H3OO View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2008 at 2:10am
Here is another point of view of ahmedis regarding different interpretation of the verse and also what the views are of different scholars with regard to Khatam-i-Nabuwat;
It is true, however, that the Ahmadiyya Community differs with some of the Muslim divines in the true meaning and interpretation of the relevant verse (33:41). The Ahmadis have firm faith in the verse itself and a difference of view regarding its meaning and interpretation does not import disbelief. In the history of Islam great Imams and divines have differed with each other in the matter of interpretation on several questions. Despite those differences they were all considered Muslims and are worthy of honor by all Muslims. Such Imams and high authorities have interpreted this particular verse (33:41) exactly as the Founder of the Ahmadiyya Movement has interpreted it. Will they all, God forbid, be held to be non-Muslims? It would be obviously unjust that if X interprets a verse in one way he should be held to be a Muslim but if Y interprets it in the same way, he should be held to be a disbeliever. We set out, by way of illustration, the interpretations of this verse (33:41) by some of the outstanding divines.

Hazrat Mulla Ali Qari (mercy of Allah be upon him), who died in 1014 A.H. and was a great research scholar and a master of Hanafi jurisprudence and was a great Imam, has stated in his book Mauzuat Kabir, with reference to the saying of the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him:

Had Ibrahim (the Holy Prophet's infant son) survived, he would have been a true prophet, that if Ibrahim had survived and had become a prophet he would still have been a follower of the Holy Prophet; and he has interpreted the verse (33:41) as meaning that there would be no prophet after the Holy Prophet who would abrogate his law and who would not be one of his followers.

In the same way, Hazrat Shah Waliullah, Muhaddas of Delhi (mercy of Allah be upon him), who has been acclaimed as the Reformer of the 12th century of Islam, has stated in his book Tafheemat IIahiyyah:

The prophets came to an end with the Holy Prophet, meaning that there can be no divinely inspired reformer after him who would be commissioned by Allah, the Glorious, with a new law.

Hazrat Ayesha (may Allah be pleased with her) is reported as having said:

Say he was Khataman Nabiyyeen, but do not say that there will be no prophet after him. (Durre Manshur, Vol. V of Jalaludin Suyuti)

Hazrat Mohyuddin ibn Arabi has stated in his book, Futuhat Makkiyyah:

Prophethood will continue among men till the Judgment Day, though a new law is barred. Law is a part of prophethood.

Hazrat Imam Muhammad Tahir has stated in his book, Majmaul Bihar:

The saying of Hazrat Ayesha that Muslims should call the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be on him, Khataman Nabiyyeen, but should not say that there would be no prophet after him, had reference to the advent of the Promised Messiah. The direction given by Hazrat Ayesha is not in contradiction with the hadees: 'There will be no prophet after me'; for the meaning of the Holy Prophet was that there would be no prophet after him who would abrogate his law.

Hazrat Shaikh Ahmad Sirhindi (may Allah have mercy on him) Reformer of the second millennium, who is held in great honor, has stated:

The achievement by the followers of the Holy Prophet by way of obedience and inheritance of the excellencies of prophethood after the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, is not inconsistent with his being the Khatamar Rusul

Edited by H3OO - 21 September 2008 at 2:17am
H3OO View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2008 at 2:17am

Hazrat Mohyuddin ibn Arabi has stated in his book, Futuhat Makkiyyah:

Prophethood will continue among men till the Judgment Day, though a new law is barred. Law is a part of prophethood.

Hazrat Imam Muhammad Tahir has stated in his book, Majmaul Bihar:

The saying of Hazrat Ayesha that Muslims should call the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be on him, Khataman Nabiyyeen, but should not say that there would be no prophet after him, had reference to the advent of the Promised Messiah. The direction given by Hazrat Ayesha is not in contradiction with the hadees: 'There will be no prophet after me'; for the meaning of the Holy Prophet was that there would be no prophet after him who would abrogate his law.

Hazrat Shaikh Ahmad Sirhindi (may Allah have mercy on him) Reformer of the second millennium, who is held in great honor, has stated:

The achievement by the followers of the Holy Prophet by way of obedience and inheritance of the excellencies of prophethood after the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, is not inconsistent with his being the Khatamar Rusul

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2008 at 7:06pm
Why don't you share the story , infact intresting and beautiful  story, as how your messenger of Allah,{Ghulam Ahmed}  met his end {died}. Is that the type of death any messenger of Allah would meet ?

Don't try to cause confusions by playing with the words of Qur'an with your own interpretations.

Edited by seekshidayath - 21 September 2008 at 7:12pm
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
  Share Topic