IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Muslim  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Muslim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayisha098 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Muslim
    Posted: 17 September 2008 at 3:19pm
Assalaamualaykum wa Ramadan Mubarak. I just registered to Islamicity forums today.  I have been a Muslim since 10/01/2006.  I reverted to Islam at 19 years old.  Here is my religious background.
Birth to 6 years old-Christian
7-18-Atheist
14-first learned about Islam on 9/11/2001 when the Pentagon and WTC got bombed
18-"Reverted" to Islam for a Pakistani guy(Didn't believe in Islam or Muhammad(SAW))
18-Became Christian on September 2005-though didn't accept Isa(peace be upon him) as my "savior" until June 28th 2006
18-september 2006-left christianity and became agnostic
18-started looking at hinduism, sikhism, and islam
19-found out i was never muslim because i hadn't believed in islam or muhammad(SAW) or ALLAH(SWT) and only "reverted" for the pakistani guy
19-reverted to islam 10/01/2006

I got 2 sisters and one brother(18 year old sister, 8 year old sister, 6 year old brother).  My mother is a non practicing Christian/Atheist and stepfather is an Atheist.  I'm the only Muslim in my family.  I got married 10/19/2006; 17 days after reverting to Islam to a wonderful saudi guy.  At 20 I published my first book-see http://www.silentlair.com for more info on my books and awards i won in school.  I don't know what got me thinking about Islam.  I suppose it was ALLAH(SWT) who decided to make think about Islam.  Alhamdulillah, I'm glad I accepted Islam and Insha ALLAH will die Muslim.
Salaam and take care.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 11:17pm
Alhamdulilah!

Your story is inspiring, and that too, at such a young age . . .  :)

How did your parents react? what did they think? do you still have good relaions with them?
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
ayisha098 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayisha098 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 3:55pm
Assalaamualaykum Chrysils.  My mother and stepfather weren't very happy.  My mom is convinced that Middle Eastern men beat their wives, and my mom and my stepfather both believe that Muslims are terrorists.  She told me on my wedding night that she would never become a Muslim.  I don't think my mom will ever be comfortable with me being a Muslim, and my children being Muslims.  I don't have a good relationship with my mom, or my stepfather.  My stepfather doesn't even like me, as I'm not his biological kid, and my mother and I quit getting along when I was 9 and she left me to be abused by my former stepfather(My mom's been married twice in her life).  However I do write to her on occasion, and e-mail her as well. 

Edited by ayisha098 - 18 September 2008 at 3:55pm
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2008 at 7:12am
Wa'alakum salaam Ayisha. . .

Hopefuly Inshalah, you and your husband can show via actions that Muslims and Middleeasterners are not the gun-toting, wife-beating terrorists that ppl think they are.

Its good that you are in touch with her! Because Islam urges us not to break ties with parents, and to be nice to them regardless of thier beliefs. . . . it shall definately be a good impression on them.

May Allah reward you for your struggles. . . inshallah.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
BigBird View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2009 at 11:35am
Salam sister & welcome, to everything good & wholesome!

About your mom, give her some time to adjust. It sounds like the poor woman feels like she's lost her daughter to a mysterious thing.

Just stay close to her & pray for her;  inshalla Allah will open her heart  to Islam.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic