IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Malaysian Sexy school uniform  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Malaysian Sexy school uniform

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabriela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 6:27pm

You are righ, there are man who impose repressive attitude on woman but that is against the Islam. In contrast with Pauls teachings in Corintians, In our religion, we know that Allah made us equal. And we are all equaly responsible for our sins and equaly rewarded for our good deeds. Allah ordered modesty and lowering the gaze for both.

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by tsdin1989 tsdin1989 wrote:

I'll like to know what do you guys think about it. from both nonmuslims and muslims

I think the skirt is a bit short for a Muslim country, though that might just be how the girls in the picture are wearing it.  Otherwise there's nothing "sexy" about it.

I think modesty is culturally relative.  Women should dress modestly according to local standards, which would mean very different things in different regions.

I would be interested if anyone has any statistics or other information about whether wearing hijab in a Western country actually makes women safer and less likely to be sexually harassed or attacked.  I suspect not -- it draws attention to them, and it's probably a "kink" for a great many perverts.  It seems to me that it would be better just to blend into the crowd.  But I could be wrong.

(And for the record, I'm not Muslim.)
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 1:26pm
I do not think the dress code has much to do with safety...

As far as assaults that happen, easily 66% of attacks against women are committed by someone they know.. it has to do with opportunity.

Now for other cases they did research on people in prison and showed them clips of women walking and what would "inspire" them to assault a woman. Some main points are:
1. not walking with a confident, athletic gait
2. are you distracted-talking on phone, etc
3. are you walking naturally, not awkwardly
4. how aware you appear of your surroundings
5. are you acting scared or afraid
6. if you show lmitiations-high heels, tight clothes may be one, or carrying bags is another.

No where in all the research my Director and teacher has done, having taught self-defense for over 40 years does say, not covering one's hair cause men to attack.

Crimes are often a product of opportunity.

Edited by Hayfa - 17 September 2008 at 9:33pm
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

I do not think the dress code has much to do with safety...

As far as assaults that happen, easily 66% of attacks against women are committed by someone they know.. it has to do with opportunity.

Now for other cases they did research on people in prison and showed them clips of women walking and what would "inspire" them to assault a woman. Some main points are:
1. not walking with a confident, athletic gait
2. are you distracted-talking on phone, etc
3. are you walking naturally, not awkwardly
4. how aware you appear of your surroundings
5. are you acting scared or afraid
6. if you show lmitiations-high heels, tight clothes may be one, or carrying bags bags is another.

No where in all the research my Director and teacher hsa done having taught self-defense for over 40 years does say, not covering one's hair cause men to attack.

Crimes are often a product of opportunity.

Good post Hayfa. I have to concur with the above.
Miechel View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miechel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 5:39am
Sexy school uniform is not good for student..It encouraged for rape...

Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2008 at 10:42am

According to RAINN

Every two minutes a woman is sexually assaulted in the U.S.

73% of the victims knew their attacker

15% of the victims were under the age of 12, nearly 30% between the ages of 5 and 7

There is nothing sexually alluring about a 5 year old child. Rape is a crime of violence and opportunity, not sexual attraction.
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic