IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Malaysian Sexy school uniform  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Malaysian Sexy school uniform

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsdin1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Malaysian Sexy school uniform
    Posted: 15 September 2008 at 7:01am
Clown Malaysia Islamic group condemns 'sexy' school uniforms. An Islamic group  condemned the uniform worn by girls at government schools, saying it encouraged rape and pre-marital sex.

I'll like to know what do you guys think about it. from both nonmuslims and muslims

Edited by tsdin1989 - 15 September 2008 at 7:05am
_ALI_ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ALI_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 6:16pm
Salam
The female dress code is given in Quran Chapter 33 v 59
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ قُل لِّأَزْوَاجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَاء الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِن جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ ذَلِكَ أَدْنَى أَن يُعْرَفْنَ فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا ﴿٥٩﴾
59:
O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful.
Also in Quran 24:31
" And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands� fathers, their sons..."
So it does not matter whether a uniform can be labelled as "sexy" or not, it should be in accordance with the rules of hijab.
Six criteria for Hijaab.

According to Qur�an and Sunnah there are basically six criteria for observing hijaab:

1. Extent:

The first criterion is the extent of the body that should be covered. This is different for men and women. The extent of covering obligatory on the male is to cover the body at least from the navel to the knees. For women, the extent of covering obligatory is to cover the complete body except the face and the hands upto the wrist. If they wish to, they can cover even these parts of the body. Some scholars of Islam insist that the face and the hands are part of the obligatory extent of �hijaab�.

All the remaining five criteria are the same for men and women.

2. The clothes worn should be loose and should not reveal the figure.

3. The clothes worn should not be transparent such that one can see through them.

4. The clothes worn should not be so glamorous as to attract the opposite sex.

5. The clothes worn should not resemble that of the opposite sex.

6. The clothes worn should not resemble that of the unbelievers i.e. they should not wear clothes that are specifically identities or symbols of the unbelievers� religions.

Gabriela View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabriela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 7:05pm
Dear brother Ali,
Selam Alleykum, and thank you for explaining the rules of criteria for a dress code. I am a new in Islam, Thanks to Allah, and I would like to share my opinion with others who are new in our religion of peace and harmony.
If someone has wisdom, the one will realize the beauty of the dress code and Allah's guidance for us and our society. By dressing this way,  we will protect ourselves from being tempted , which is in our nature (Nifs) and will prevent sinfull toughts and adultery. And adultery hurts everyone. Moreover, by dressing this way, Allah wants us to look at another person as a person with a soul and intellect and not as just as physically attractive person.Any smart educated intellectual girl from western society, will be hurt if a man sees her as just physically attractive.  THis will reduce seeing another person as a sexual object and will provide pure respect for each other. Please reason! Allah don't impose things to us just beacuse he wants to show His Power. He doesn't need that, because He is already most powerfull even without us. No, He advises us for what is the best for us and He shows us the way how to reduce the harm to ourselves and others. All praise to Allah. He is our Protector.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 7:38pm
Well the article is nothing more than an attempt to put blame on young girls. It is their law and what they say go but when officials say they wear these blouses to lure men either two things are wrong: Either a) they are right or b) they are wrong and are blaming these young girls on the basis of patriarchal biases. We all know men are not held in the same criteria. Because of my physique I know I can walk around in a heavily populated area where women are present and draw attention to myself without criticism. If its a woman then all of a sudden she draws attention to herself and is attempting to lure men.

Edited by Israfil - 15 September 2008 at 7:40pm
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 5:24am
Maybe men should start wearing blinders instead of blaming women for the sins of men!!
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 9:55am
Well another piece on women's dress.... people do get obsessed with it..  sigh
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Gabriela View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabriela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 4:15pm
Here are some examples from the New Tetsment about a dress code:
"I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God." (NIV, 1 Timothy 2:9-10)

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. "(NIV, 1 Peter 3:2-5)

"Any man who prays or prophesies with something on his head disgraces his head, but any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled disgraces her head--it is one and the same thing as having her head shaved. For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or to be shaved, she should wear a veil. For a man ought not to have his head veiled, since he is the image and reflection of God; but woman is the reflection of man." (NRSV, 1 Corinthians 11:4-7)

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 5:50pm

I think we (Muslims) need to know the difference between etiquette and respect. Modest Dress is more along the lines of etiquette than respect although modesty gains respect, it itself is not respect. For example a woman who wears a long dress that is not revealing is modest dress, but if she dresses for religious reasons it doesn't automatically amount to respect because any person can dress modest and still be evil or capable of acting immodest.

I am also of the opinion (sorry ladies) that modest dress produces absolute safety for women. there have been reports of Afghanistanian women being raped pre-colonial invasion of America. In a country that is ultra-conservative that alone should be some evidence. Women can still be raped, sexuall abused, assaulted veen if all of their parts are covering. Although among the religious followers modest dress is respected, women shouldn't assumed that all men will respect them. Respect for one another is normally taught and learned it is not automatic regardless whether you are Muslim or not.

In today's age we live in a world of patriarchy and this report (and I mentioned before) is no surprise to me. It is always the woman's fault if men are attracted to her, or it's always the men's fault for her dress. This is just anotgher excuse to put fear and repressive attitudes in women. This is another way some men control women.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic