IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is Haram During Fasting?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is Haram During Fasting?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is Haram During Fasting?
    Posted: 13 September 2008 at 9:09am
Salam Aalikium,

I just got married in June and it is now Ramadan, hamdillah. I am wondering what is allowed and what is considered haram in terms of my marriage relationship when I am fasting. I don't want to do something that will break my fast so that is why I am asking and hoping that someone can help me out.
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2008 at 4:55am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

There are seven things that break the fast, as follows:

1- Intercourse
2- Masturbation
3- Eating and drinking
4- Anything that is regarded as coming under the same heading as eating and drinking
5- Letting blood by means of cupping and the like
6- Vomiting deliberately
7- Menstruation and nifaas

With regard to marital relations the first two apply.

Insha Allah this answers your question briefly.

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 11:04am

Even if a person is not indulging in points 1 and 2 . . . they should try and avoid any physical contact that is sexual in nature. Kissing, Hugging or normal contact that does not have a sexual-intent is okay. But if doing so instills sexual desires, then is not allowed.

Anything that stimulates sexual desires is forbidden during fasting.

PS: Sister Alwardah, is smoking supposed to be on the list or not?

After breaking the fast, from sunset until Fajir i.e. Sahur (onset of next fast) spouses may have intercourse.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
raushan View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raushan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 4:44am
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

.... they should try and avoid any physical contact that is sexual in nature. Kissing, Hugging or normal contact that does not have�a sexual-intent is okay. But if doing so instills sexual desires, then is not allowed.

will you plz quote something from Quran and sunnah to support your claims.

wassalam

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 5:43am
As Salamu Alaikum

Yes smoking should be on this list.

But I agree with the scholars who say that Smoking is Haram that is why I forgot to add it to this list.

Sori for the oversight.

Jazakallahu Khairan for pointing that out.

Salams

Edited by Alwardah - 16 September 2008 at 5:45am
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 4:15am
Originally posted by raushan raushan wrote:

Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

.... they should try and avoid any physical contact that is sexual in nature. Kissing, Hugging or normal contact that does not have a sexual-intent is okay. But if doing so instills sexual desires, then is not allowed.

will you plz quote something from Quran and sunnah to support your claims.

wassalam

I shall try and look up the exact source, and post it Inshalah.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 10:49am
Hopefully this will help:

I also read something similar on Arab News Jeddah: Our Dialogue , that normal/day-to-day/nonsexual physical contact such as kissing is okay during fasting, but if done so in a passionate manner, or with sexual intent, then it is to be avoided - since it may lead to intercourse, and simply because we are supposed to be avoiding sexual pleasure during our Fast.
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 7:15pm
Assalamu Alaikum Ramadan Mubarak
Good Information thanks for the postThumbs%20Up
Zaharah
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic