IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus in Islam and Christianity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus in Islam and Christianity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jesus in Islam and Christianity
    Posted: 09 September 2008 at 7:01pm

John 14
6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Al-Haqq The Truth, The True, The One who truly exists.
Ar-Rasheed The Guide to the Right Path, The One who guides.

Revelation 22
12"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Al-'Awwal The First, The One whose Existence is without a beginning.
Al-'Akhir The Last, The One whose Existence is without an end.

John 5
22Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

Al-Hakam The Judge, He is the Ruler and His judgment is His Word.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2008 at 9:43pm
Believer this is a redundant topic. Why don't you delete this thread and discuss your views there. All you're doing is posting scripture. What are your views? What are you presenting? You are manipulating doctrine to prove your own views, but ironically you haven't stated your views.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2008 at 7:36am
Quote Believer,

John 14
6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

What about those people who has never ever see Jesus, like Adam and all the other prophets, were they worshipping the Son or the Lord?

You are referring to Allah Subhanahuwataala and these attributes of Allah are all in the Quran, not in the Bible. You definitely cannot find the word Al-Haqq or Ar-Rasheed in the Bible.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

As mentioned by the late Ahmad Deedat in his book, the Bible are a compilation of God's Words, The Prophet's Words and the bulk are words of historians. The above quote, I believe are one of the few words of God that can be found in the Bible.

These two attributes of Allah is contradictory to the creation of Jesus. Jesus had a beginning - in his mother's womb - and he also had an end - on the cross (the Christians' belief).

John 5
22Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

Muslims only honour the Father or the Lord or simply Allah Subhanahuwataala who not only sent Jesus but all the prophets of the world. And who does not honour the Prophets of Allah does not honour Allah Subhanahuwataala.

Allah is He, other than Whom there is no other god;
Who knows both what is hidden and what can be witnessed;
He is the Most Compassionate and Merciful.
Allah is He, other than Whom there is no other god;
the Sovereign, the One, the Source of Peace,
the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Security,
the Exalted, the Compelling, the Supreme.
Glory be to God, beyond any associations.
He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Form.
To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names:
Whatever exists in heaven and earth declares His Praise and Glory.
And He is Exalted in Power, the Wise.
Al Hashr 59:22
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2008 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

John 14

Revelation 22
12"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

John 5

Al-Hakam The Judge, He is the Ruler and His judgment is His Word.

believer,
sorry to say but you have poor memory as an individual and/ or poor coordination as a group. All of the above points of yours have been discussed and answered in various threads before.

No doubt that Jesus (pbuh) was a blessing from God Almighty for those upon whom he was appointed as the messanger, as a true guiding light.

Unfortunately what we learn about him through the Bible is  of contradictory nature and not very reliable, where he is a humble servant of God at one place, while confusingly enough god in the next.

It is only through the Final Testament (the Quran) that we learn about who Jesus (pbuh) really was, what was his position and purpose?  I don't find anyting else that can prove more realiable and authentic than that. 

By the way your quote from Revelations 22 , "the first and the last" suggest a begining, the first and and end, the last.  That is different than Islamic understanding of : No begining and no End.

And your quote:
John 5
22......... He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

I have two things to say about this quote:
a) this can be true for all of God's prophets when they were sent to their people. For example when Noah warned his people with the message from God, those who did not listen and honor Noah did not honor God and thus were punished. As now those who do not honor God's prophet, Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) are not honoring God, to their own loss.

b) I find an interesting statement associated to the same person (Jesus pbuh) in the same book, let us see:

Matthew 12:32Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man (Jesus) will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

This quote clearly shows that if (according to the Bible) someone does not honor Jesus, still is honored with forgiveness. That is in contrast to your quote of John 5.

Also remember that Jesus was given all what he had by God, even the ability to judgement between right and wrong as all of God's prophets were given that Judgement.  Jesus is quoted here to say:
John 5:30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but Him who sent me.
Also note here Jesus saying, " but (to please) Him who sent me!"
Do we need an explaination of this saying? let me know.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 10 September 2008 at 5:22pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2008 at 8:22pm

Hasan: Also note here Jesus saying, " but (to please) Him who sent me!"
Do we need an explaination of this saying? let me know.

That is clear proof of the truth of Quran. Jesus is admitting that he has been sent. That means he is a messenger of God.
_ALI_ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ALI_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2008 at 10:11pm
Salam
I would also like to add that all the arguments given by muslims over here preassume that Bible is authentic, while we Muslims, along with many historians, first of all believe that Bible is unauthentic and corrupted.
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 1:00am
Originally posted by _ALI_ _ALI_ wrote:

Salam
I would also like to add that all the arguments given by muslims over here preassume that Bible is authentic, while we Muslims, along with many historians, first of all believe that Bible is unauthentic and corrupted.

The Bible says that no other book was to follow it which in effect removes the need for the Quran to serve God:-

Revelation 22:18-19
"I am bearing witness to everyone that hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll; 19 and if anyone takes anything away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God will take his portion away from the trees of life and out of the holy city, things which are written about in this scroll.

The Bible also say it has all the infomation humans need to serve God faithfuly:-

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

Thus nothing more than the Bible is needed.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 5:53am

Are there any prophets in Islam that made these same claims that Jesus made?

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic