IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - sins of masturbation?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sins of masturbation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2010 at 11:30am

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

It has been 22  months since the start of this thread you did not work on finding a woman to settle down! Why not? you are working you have no excuse if system is demanding the normal sexual outlet!

This is spectacularly bad advice (even from you, Sign*Reader).  Urging a young man to rush into marriage regardless of whether he is emotionally or financially ready for such a commitment, instead of waiting to find a truly compatible match and building a stable and loving relationship beforehand, is about the worst suggestion I can think of.

Masturbation has absolutely nothing to do with chastity.  It is not mentioned in the Quran or the Hadith, and it harms no one, so I don't see why it should be a sin.  On the contrary, if it can save a young person from rushing into a loveless, ill-considered marriage, which can can do serious harm not just to the unfortunate couple but (even worse) to any children that might arise, then IMHO it should be regarded as a sacrament.

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2010 at 3:23pm
A sacrament? Huh - interesting.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2010 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

A sacrament? Huh - interesting.

Well, whatever is the opposite of a sin, at any rate.  Pure pleasure, a gift from God with no strings attached, and a providential alternative to Nabil's endless frustration, as well as to promiscuity and the desperate loveless relationships (married or not) that Sign*Reader seems to be encouraging.

Edited by Ron Webb - 26 June 2010 at 4:02pm
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2010 at 5:25pm
Thumbs%20UpLOL
nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nu001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2010 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

It has been 22  months since the start of this thread you did not work on finding a woman to settle down! Why not? you are working you have no excuse if system is demanding the normal sexual outlet!

This is spectacularly bad advice (even from you, Sign*Reader).  Urging a young man to rush into marriage regardless of whether he is emotionally or financially ready for such a commitment, instead of waiting to find a truly compatible match and building a stable and loving relationship beforehand, is about the worst suggestion I can think of.

Masturbation has absolutely nothing to do with chastity.  It is not mentioned in the Quran or the Hadith, and it harms no one, so I don't see why it should be a sin.  On the contrary, if it can save a young person from rushing into a loveless, ill-considered marriage, which can can do serious harm not just to the unfortunate couple but (even worse) to any children that might arise, then IMHO it should be regarded as a sacrament.

Thumbs%20Up
"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
Nabil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nabil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2010 at 11:13pm
with pray and help from Allah, I no longer feel compelled to do it and have officially stopped doing it.

U people can stop now.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 12:59am
NabilClap
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Ron
I love your lashing out on my recommendation LOLwithout considering the extenuating circumstances!
My advice was based on domicile of the subject i.e., Iran, with mullah rule how he is going to fulfill "a stable and loving relationship beforehand"? If caught in that situation he would end up in hot water!
Did you think about that situation?
Islamic marriage is a contract not a love affair... you might like to know!
The high divorce rate in the west doesn't reflect guarantees on continuity of that feigned love based on the premarital carnal desire! Just look at lives of Clintons and Gores for example...Say it again, why did they marry?

And that sacrament part is a stretch...LOL

Edited by Sign*Reader - 28 June 2010 at 8:43pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic