IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - sins of masturbation?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sins of masturbation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2009 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by moekalsoon moekalsoon wrote:

.........................according to the majority of ulamma these hadith are weak and thus can not be taken form........................

Well, thats a serious issue. Could you name a few of those from among majority of ulamma who say so and on what grouds.

Anyway there is difference between weak and mowdoo'.

kabulkhan View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabulkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 3:40pm
"6) Being cautious not to develop any of the medical symptoms that may result from masturbation such as weak eyesight, weak nervous system, and/or back pain"
there is no medical proof of the claim from the molvi above! medically masturbation and having sex are exactly the same!

this mufti gave a fatwa, something that people will follow and included information that is not vaild, which voids the fatwa and sends the molvi back to madrissa to start learning again!
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 8:26am
Originally posted by kabulkhan kabulkhan wrote:

..............medically masturbation and having sex are exactly the same!.......... 
On the surface, masturbation would seem to be harmless. After all, it's just sex with yourself. But there is more to masturbation than meets the eye since masturbation is nearly always accompanied by lustful thoughts

The more advanced forms of sexual addiction, such as multiple affairs, sex with prostitutes, or other illegal activities, generally have their beginnings in masturbation.

Masturbation addiction is referred to as a "process" addiction, as opposed to a substance addiction like alcohol, or drugs.

In a process addiction, the euphoric feeling, or high, comes from chemicals released into the brain, rather than from an external source. As the mind becomes accustomed to the release of these chemicals, it searches out for continued sources of that high.
Nabil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nabil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 9:06am
Pleasae help me on how to control my addiction. I just want to STOP. The moment I give in, I regret deeply but I cannot maintain that strong mechanism for a long time. At work, everyone says its NORMAL but I know its not. Allah help me!
haris30432 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haris30432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 11:00am
Peace!

[4:31] If you refrain from committing the gross sins that are prohibited for you, we will remit your sins, and admit you an honorable admittance.

42:37] They avoid gross sins and vice, and when angered they forgive.

[53:32] They avoid gross sins and transgressions, except for minor offenses. Your Lord's forgiveness is immense. He has been fully aware of you since He initiated you from the earth, and while you were embryos in your mothers' bellies. Therefore, do not exalt yourselves; He is fully aware of the righteous.

Adultery is a gross sin but mastrubation is not classified as a gross sin in the Quran.Therefore has to be a minor offense or simple sin.Surah 4 :31 says that GOD will forgive our sins if we refrain from gross sins.

So as i understand if mastrubation can prevent a person from committing a gross sin like adultery i dont see any harm in it.However,making it a regular practice is also not recommended.Finding a believeing partner and getting married is the best remedy :D!!!
ONE GOD ONE SOURCE OF LAW!
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 3:49am
Originally posted by Nabil Nabil wrote:

Pleasae help me on how to control my addiction. I just want to STOP. The moment I give in, I regret deeply but I cannot maintain that strong mechanism for a long time. At work, everyone says its NORMAL but I know its not. Allah help me!

Please scroll back and read my Post dated: 18 January 2009 - 6:58pm
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 12:42pm
Ok first off I'm not Muslim so you can either accept what I'm saying or don't. As far as masturbation is concerned it is NOT the same as having sexual intercourse with a woman. You are not inserting a penis into a vagina and you cannot conceive with your own self if you masturbate. Masturbation is nothing more than self sexual stimulation which some physicians say its quite healthy and normal.

I hear Christians say that when you lust in your heart or mind and masturbate it is the same as adultery. It is not. Ideas don't always turn into action. If a man has a sexual thought of someone else's wife that is the thought, it remains harmless until it is actually done.

The only problem I see with masturbation among Muslims is that it is considered bizarre behavior among the people since it is assumed marriage with the opposite sex is supposed to fulfill those sexual desires. But its bad advice telling someone saying its the same as having intercourse.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2010 at 1:53am
Originally posted by Nabil Nabil wrote:

It has been 22  months since the start of this thread you did not work on finding a woman to settle down! Why not? you are working you have no excuse if system is demanding the normal sexual outlet!

For now start fasting with minimal meals... volunteer all your extra time, have a heavy gym work out plan and report back in three months!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 26 June 2010 at 1:55am
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic