IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - sins of masturbation?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sins of masturbation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:23am
Masturbation would have nothing to do with chastity IF it could be done with a blank mind. Could it?
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Nabil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nabil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 6:33am
im unable to quit it.Is it really a sin?I read somewhere that it is in no case a sin but I still pray to Allah every night to help me direct on right path.

I last max 10 days but then loose control.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Saladin Saladin wrote:

Masturbation would have nothing to do with chastity IF it could be done with a blank mind. Could it?
Confused I'm not sure I follow you.  It can be done without lusting after a particular person, if that's what you mean.  It can also be done while fantasizing about a perfectly legitimate relationship with a future wife -- or with a slave girl, which (remarkably!) I understand is permissible in Islam.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Nabil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nabil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 8:35pm
so...is it allowed or not?!
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 11:22pm
Nabil according to scholars it is not. But I' incline that masturbation was held as a cultural taboo than as a legitimate problem. Masturbation is antural phenomena even among babies. As adolescence children tend to explore their sex organs. again masturbation has nothing to do with chastity even on the pure metaphysical sense as Saladin explains. Again, how do we identify men being chaste has pure minds? Are you suddenly unchaste if you have a 'dirty mind?' Because men haven't been questione don their chastity I believe this issue is quite difficult to comment on. Because again unlike women we do not possess a hymen where according to some culture justify their "honor killings" if the hymen is not intact. But Nabil to answer your question whether masturbation is perimitted or not in Islam it is held to be impermissible.

People here know me for my seemingly unorthodox seemingly unislamic views but if you asked me as a professional I'd say masturbation is perfectly healthy and normal (depending on your age). I'd rather encourage you to masturbate then have reckless pre-martial sex and possibly contract an STD.

As a regular person I wouldn't care what you do. But before you do anything consult with God on these matters first, but do so if you honestly feel what you are doing is really a sin. Everyone here has an opinion but really you are the person dealing with the issue and if you are a good listener listen to your heart.
Nabil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nabil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 5:56am
so its fine ? cuz im doin it...

man,im still confused.
tlduker View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlduker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 7:58pm
Nabil

Edited by tlduker - 08 October 2014 at 12:46pm
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2009 at 11:26am
Narrated An-Nu'man bin Bashir: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, 'Both legal and illegal things are evident but in between them there are doubtful (suspicious) things and most of the people have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from these suspicious things saves his religion and his honor. And whoever indulges in these suspicious things is like a shepherd who grazes (his animals) near the Hima (private pasture) of someone else and at any moment he is liable to get in it. (O people!) Beware! Every king has a Hima and the Hima of Allah on the earth is His illegal (forbidden) things. Beware! There is a piece of flesh in the body if it becomes good (reformed) the whole body becomes good but if it gets spoilt the whole body gets spoilt and that is the heart.  (Book #2, Hadith #49)
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic