IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - the sahaaba  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedthe sahaaba

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: the sahaaba
    Posted: 05 September 2008 at 3:31am
Salaams...

The companions of Prophet (SAW) were normal fallible human beings. They were neither divine, nor sent by Allah. The companions of Prophet (SAW), who were sincere with Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and his mission, who strived hard in the way of Islam, who did good to themselves and to others, before and after the demise of Prophet (SAW), will enter paradise through the process of accountability. And to such companions of Prophet (SAW), we pay our tribute and sign of respect.

But respecting all companions and loving all of them, claiming everyone of them to be truthful and pious, is wrong to the fundamentals of Quran and history. When Allah himself doesn't promise forgiveness to all of the companions, except those who believe and do good, then who are we to attribute piety to every one of the companions?

If all companions of Prophet (SAW) were infallibles and couldn't make mistakes, then which men have been condemned in the Quran for displaying niggardly behavior with respect to Jihad;

Behold! you are those who are called upon to spend in Allah's way, but among you are those who are niggardly, and whoever is niggardly is niggardly against his own soul; and Allah is Self-sufficient and you have need (of Him), and if you turn back He will bring in your place another people, then they will not be like you.
Quran [47:38]

Similarly, if all companions were saints, then can you show me from history that no Islamic punishment was ever legislated during the time of the Prophet (SAW) or the first four Caliphs, the era during which the Muslim community consisted of no one but the companions?

Prophet (SAW) is the real deal. He is the infallible Prophet of Allah. He is the representative of Allah. He is the fundamental of Islam. To be a Muslim, you need to testify his (SAW) prophethood.

Islam is not about the people you choose. They do not become a part of your faith. It is about the People Allah chose, the people who the Prophet of Allah chose!! Who did Allah choose?

Surely Allah chose Adam and Nuh and the descendants of Ibrahim and the descendants of Imran above the nations.
Quran [3:33]

wsalaam
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2008 at 2:05am

Were Abubakr and Umar not descedents of Ibraheem a.s. ??? I am sure they were. And they were close companions of the prophet s.a.w.s. They were elected (chosen) by the pious people (sahabah) under the will of Allah (as per verse 24:55) as the Khalifah Raashid.

So Abubakr became the first Imam (leader) of the Ummah after the Prophet and Hazrat Umar r.a. became the second Imam after Abubakr r.a. They led the Ummah in the right direction bringing peace and stability for the young state of Muslims at Madinah.

The two were included amongst the Ashra'a Mubashhara (The ten selected by Allah to be the companions of Paradise).

They two of them were closely related to the prophet as a father-in-law. That is a very close and dear relation demanding respect. They had sacrificed much in the way of Allah, their property and brought many Arabs in the fold of Islam by their preachings. They remained with the prophet s.a.w.s. till his last breath.

The prophet loved them very much. I am only pointing out the good works of the first two Imams of the ummah for the benefit of all Muslims of the Ummah for their rememberance and not to harbor any grudge (hatred) against these two brave gentlemen,  very senior members of the Ummah.  mm

Edited by minuteman - 07 September 2008 at 2:07am
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2008 at 2:40am

Sahabas were the finest human beings over earth. They  accepted Muhammad { sallal lahu alaihi wasallam} as  our Prophet and enter into faith. They hold a high status in Islam, because they were the contemporaries of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him); they fulfilled the duty of supporting him and being loyal to him, and they strove for the sake of Allah with their efforts, their wealth and their selves. Refer to the next chapter, you quoted. i.e 48 : 29

" Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. And those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing falling down prostrate, seeking reward from Allah and acceptance. The mark of them is on their faces from the traces of prostration. This is their description in the Tawrah. But their description in the Injil is like a seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, and becomes thick and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers, that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward"

And the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) praised them when he said: �The best of my ummah is my generation, then those who come after them, then those who come after them.� (al-Bukhaari, 3650; Muslim, 2535)

An other hadith - �Whoever insults my companions, the curse of Allah, the angels and all of mankind will be upon him.� (al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 2340).

Fear Allah; fear Allah and (Refrain from using bad language) about my Companions! (He said it twice) Do not make them the target of your attacks after me! Whoever loves them, loves them on account of his love of me; whoever hates them, hates them on account of his hatred of me. He who maligns them, has maligned me, and he who maligns me, has maligned Allah, and it is embedment that Allah punishes those who malign him.� (Tirmidhi)

In his Sahih, Muslim recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah said, "Do not abuse my Companions, for by the One in Whose Hand is my soul! If one of you spends the amount of Uhud in gold, that amount will never reach the level of one of them spending a Mudd half of it"

These were the hadiths, which shall inshaAllah , help you to learn, as why we respect and love the companions of Prophet.

And regarding the verse you referred to, its was a general one. ANyways, we respect and love companions of our Prophet since  they are the elite and the best of this ummah, and that Allah gave them the honour of being the companions of the Messenger of Allah . He praised them in His Book . 

Edited by seekshidayath - 07 September 2008 at 2:42am
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
asda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2008 at 5:26am
Salaams..

Quote Were Abubakr and Umar not descedents of Ibraheem a.s. ??? I am sure they were. And they were close companions of the prophet s.a.w.s. They were elected (chosen) by the pious people (sahabah) under the will of Allah (as per verse 24:55) as the Khalifah Raashid.

have you even read the verse 24:55.....here i would like to point u out a very basic point in it:

Allah has promised to those of you who believe and do good that He will most certainly make them rulers in the earth as He made rulers those before them, and that He will most certainly establish for them their religion which He has chosen for them, and that He will most certainly, after their fear, give them security in exchange; they shall serve Me, not associating aught with Me; and whoever is ungrateful after this, these it is who are the. transgressors. [QURAN 24:55]

if this verse is talking about ure 1st caliph...was the method of apponting a caliph used ever before in the history of islam as it was in saqifa???

They led the Ummah in the right direction bringing peace and stability for the young state of Muslims at Madinah.

nice choice of words....y is it that peace and stability of madinah is important....y not of the WHOLE MUSLIM UMMAH....was the WHOLE MUSLIM UMMAH living in peace and stability..

now to seekshidayath:

you have quoted a beutiful verse from the quran..let me highlight to u something from it which u must hav missed:

Quote 48 : 29
" Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. And those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing falling down prostrate, seeking reward from Allah and acceptance. The mark of them is on their faces from the traces of prostration. This is their description in the Tawrah. But their description in the Injil is like a seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, and becomes thick and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers, that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward"

well in short....Allah (s.w.t) has difined a group among the ppl around Prophet Muhammad (a.s) who will be righteous and will do good deeds etc etc...others will not be forgiven...

Quote And the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) praised them when he said: �The best of my ummah is my generation, then those who come after them, then those who come after them.� (al-Bukhaari, 3650; Muslim, 2535)

An other hadith - �Whoever insults my companions, the curse of Allah, the angels and all of mankind will be upon him.� (al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 2340).

�Fear Allah; fear Allah and (Refrain from using bad language) about my Companions! (He said it twice) Do not make them the target of your attacks after me! Whoever loves them, loves them on account of his love of me; whoever hates them, hates them on account of his hatred of me. He who maligns them, has maligned me, and he who maligns me, has maligned Allah, and it is embedment that Allah punishes those who malign him.� (Tirmidhi)

In his Sahih, Muslim recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah said, "Do not abuse my Companions, for by the One in Whose Hand is my soul! If one of you spends the amount of Uhud in gold, that amount will never reach the level of one of them spending a Mudd half of it"

dont u feel odd wen u read the above....and u soon read this:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 53, Number 325:
Narrated 'Aisha:

(mother of the believers) After the death of Allah 's Apostle Fatima the daughter of Allah's Apostle asked Abu Bakr As-Siddiq to give her, her share of inheritance from what Allah's Apostle had left of the Fai (i.e. booty gained without fighting) which Allah had given him. Abu Bakr said to her, "Allah's Apostle said, 'Our property will not be inherited, whatever we (i.e. prophets) leave is Sadaqa (to be used for charity)." Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Apostle got angry and stopped speaking to Abu Bakr, and continued assuming that attitude till she died. Fatima remained alive for six months after the death of Allah's Apostle.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/053.sbt.html

are these the best of believers??? or....a part of the believers were staunch in their aqeedah????

in the hadith u hav quoted...even if i accept them as sahih...the Prophet (a.s) clearly mentions all of these merits for the companions...and not for those who went astray...who were the tru companions wen the prophet (a.s) was alive or after he died....

wsalaam
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2008 at 6:27pm

asda, again you are trying to use some hadith to downplay the First Imam of the Ummah i.e. hazrat Abu bakr. r.a. And you are showing dissent with his election at saqifah. You can have it your way. Nobody will agree with you because you have the errors. I may post my comments easily on your post very soon. keep looking.
 You are trying to suggest that Hazrat Fatima was the only heir (Waarith) of the prophet s.a.w.s. and she was needy and she did not agree to the Khilafat of Hazrat Abu bakr and that she knew the Khilafat was for her husband Ali. But still she went to claim the garden (fadak) and she never went to Hazrat Abubakr r.a. for the right of her husband to Khilafat.

All these are bad shia stories. We do not like them. But you can keep them. We don't believe that hazrat Ali and the ahle bait of Hazrat Ali were so bad as you people are depicting them as greedy people.

The Shias have the agenda to prove that the Ummah was misled and was not fully trained to handle anything. That they were all raw and incapable and that they were Munafiq. What a shameful belief of the Shias which reflects badly on the quality of the prophet too. It teaches that the prophet was ignorant and did not produce a good man and the prophet did not know that his close ompanions and relatives were his enemies (Hypocrites).

It is an old shameful attitude of the Shias. That is all.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2008 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by asda asda wrote:

Salaams..

Quote Were Abubakr and Umar not descedents of Ibraheem a.s. ??? I am sure they were. And they were close companions of the prophet s.a.w.s. They were elected (chosen) by the pious people (sahabah) under the will of Allah (as per verse 24:55) as the Khalifah Raashid.

asda: have you even read the verse 24:55.....here i would like to point u out a very basic point in it:

Allah has promised to those of you who believe and do good that He will most certainly make them rulers in the earth as He made rulers those before them, and that He will most certainly establish for them their religion which He has chosen for them, and that He will most certainly, after their fear, give them security in exchange; they shall serve Me, not associating aught with Me; and whoever is ungrateful after this, these it is who are the. transgressors. [QURAN 24:55]

if this verse is talking about ure 1st caliph...was the method of apponting a caliph used ever before in the history of islam as it was in saqifa???

Yes, it is talking about the Ist Khalifah and the second and the third Khalifah. Khalifah Raashid is always made by Allah. The verse says that Allah will surely establish Khilafat. And He did it. You are opposing Allah's Will.

They led the Ummah in the right direction bringing peace and stability for the young state of Muslims at Madinah.

nice choice of words....y is it that peace and stability of madinah is important....y not of the WHOLE MUSLIM UMMAH....was the WHOLE MUSLIM UMMAH living in peace and stability..

There will be stability in Madinah (the capital) then there will be stability in the rest of the places. You wanted to destroy the peace of the state of Madinah with your plan of non-election of a Khalifah? The head of state has to be elected immediately and the man who dies may not even be buried until a new head (Imam) is elected.

now to seekshidayath:

you have quoted a beutiful verse from the quran..let me highlight to u something from it which u must hav missed:

Quote 48 : 29

well in short....Allah (s.w.t) has difined a group among the ppl around Prophet Muhammad (a.s) who will be righteous and will do good deeds etc etc...others will not be forgiven...

Where is it in this verse that others will not be forgiven. You are putting or suggesting some words for nothing. Hazrat Ali is included in these people. What is your problem? Why you are adding words in the verse which are not there? The verse says " Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. And those who are with him ..... "  Allah has remembered them with good words. Those who are with the prophet s.a.w.s. But you seem to disagree....

Quote    Seeks: And the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) praised them when he said: �The best of my ummah is my generation, then those who come after them, then those who come after them.� (al-Bukhaari, 3650; Muslim, 2535)

�Fear Allah; fear Allah and (Refrain from using bad language) about my Companions! (He said it twice) Do not make them the target of your attacks after me! Whoever loves them, loves them on account of his love of me; whoever hates them, hates them on account of his hatred of me. He who maligns them, has maligned me, and he who maligns me, has maligned Allah, and it is embedment that Allah punishes those who malign him.� (Tirmidhi)

The above is a good advice to you because you seem to like the Hadith too much. So please learn a lesson from the above Ahadith.

asda: dont u feel odd wen u read the above....and u soon read this:

We do not soon read that. That is also a hadith which is fabricated. Because it puts a bad shape on Fatima, that she was greedy. The story seems to be fabricated. The reasons will be clear later.
 In a verse of the Quran, in chapter 33 near the end, it is written that those who displease ( and hurt) the believers, they are cursed by Allah. there is la'anat on them from Almighty Allah.

Edited by minuteman - 07 September 2008 at 6:54pm
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2008 at 6:49pm
As'Salamu Alaikum

I picked up that verse deliberately, as its one amongst those verses, whose meaning is distorted by a group of people.

Now, lets look at these verses

"He it is Who sent down As-Sakinah into the hearts of the believers, that they may grow more in faith along with their faith. And to Allah belong the armies of the heavens and the earth, and Allah is Ever All-Knower, All-Wise"- 48 : 4

48 : 5. That He may admit the believing men and the believing women to Gardens under which rivers flow to abide therein forever, and He may expiate from them their sins; and that is with Allah supreme success,
In these verses , Allah swt  has made mention of sending down sakinat (tranquillity) and of effecting increase in the Faith of all those Companions who were present with the Holy Prophet at Hudaibiyah, and given them without any exception the good news of admission into Paradise.

48 : 18. Indeed, Allah was pleased with the believers when they gave the pledge to you under the tree, He knew what was in their hearts, and He sent down As-Sakinah upon them, and He rewarded them with a near victory

Remember, the sahabas, you all slander, were under this tree. { Its regarding Baithul- Ridwan} . AIIah has expressed His good pleasure for aII those who took the pledge to the Holy Prophet under the Tree, and in this also there is no exception. When these companions were given the glad tidings of Jannah, why shud we then make those differences loud  which were under a misconception and later cleared.

48 : 26. When those who disbelieve had put in their hearts pride and haughtiness -- the pride and haughtiness of the time of ignorance, -- then Allah sent down His calmness and tranquillity upon His Messenger and upon the believers, and made them stick to the word of Taqwa; and they were well entitled to it and worthy of it. And Allah is the All-Knower of everything.

In verse 26 also AIIah has used the word mu 'minin (believers) for aII the Companions, has made mention of sending down His sakinat to there, and obliged them to be righteous and pious, for they were most worthy and deserving of aII mankind. Here also it was not said that the news was being given only abut those who were believers among them. Then in the initial sentences also of this verse itself the characteristics mentioned arc of alI those people who were with the Holy Prophet Muhammad (upon whom be Allah's peace and blessings). The words are to the effect that aII the people who are with him have this and this quality and characteristic. After this, suddenly in the last sentence there could be no excuse to say that some of them were the believers and others were not.

And regarding that hadith you shared, here it is in full. Let the readers read the whole hadith , which shall give them a good understanding, insha Allah

Narrated 'Aisha: (mother of the believers) After the death of Allah 's Apostle Fatima the daughter of Allah's Apostle asked Abu Bakr As-Siddiq to give her, her share of inheritance from what Allah's Apostle had left of the Fai (i.e. booty gained without fighting) which Allah had given him. Abu Bakr said to her, "Allah's Apostle said, 'Our property will not be inherited, whatever we (i.e. prophets) leave is Sadaqa (to be used for charity)." Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Apostle got angry and stopped speaking to Abu Bakr, and continued assuming that attitude till she died. Fatima remained alive for six months after the death of Allah's Apostle. She used to ask Abu Bakr for her share from the property of Allah's Apostle which he left at Khaibar, and Fadak, and his property at Medina (devoted for charity). Abu Bakr refused to give her that property and said, "I will not leave anything Allah's Apostle used to do, because I am afraid that if I left something from the Prophet's tradition, then I would go astray." (Later on) Umar gave the Prophet's property (of Sadaqa) at Medina to 'Ali and 'Abbas, but he withheld the properties of Khaibar and Fadak in his custody and said, "These two properties are the Sadaqa which Allah's Apostle used to use for his expenditures and urgent needs. Now their management is to be entrusted to the ruler." (Az-Zuhrl said, "They have been managed in this way till today.")  (Book #53, Hadith #325)

ANd now the read the immediate next hadith

Narrated 'Aisha: Fatima the daughter of the Prophet sent someone to Abu Bakr (when he was a caliph), asking for her inheritance of what Allah's Apostle had left of the property bestowed on him by Allah from the Fai (i.e. booty gained without fighting) in Medina, and Fadak, and what remained of the Khumus of the Khaibar booty. On that, Abu Bakr said, "Allah's Apostle said, "Our property is not inherited. Whatever we leave, is Sadaqa, but the family of (the Prophet) Muhammad can eat of this property.' By Allah, I will not make any change in the state of the Sadaqa of Allah's Apostle and will leave it as it was during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle, and will dispose of it as Allah's Apostle used to do." So Abu Bakr refused to give anything of that to Fatima. So she became angry with Abu Bakr and kept away from him, and did not task to him till she died. She remained alive for six months after the death of the Prophet. When she died, her husband 'Ali, buried her at night without informing Abu Bakr and he said the funeral prayer by himself. When Fatima was alive, the people used to respect 'Ali much, but after her death, 'Ali noticed a change in the people's attitude towards him. So Ali sought reconciliation with Abu Bakr and gave him an oath of allegiance. 'Ali had not given the oath of allegiance during those months (i.e. the period between the Prophet's death and Fatima's death). 'Ali sent someone to Abu Bakr saying, "Come to us, but let nobody come with you," as he disliked that 'Umar should come, 'Umar said (to Abu Bakr), "No, by Allah, you shall not enter upon them alone " Abu Bakr said, "What do you think they will do to me? By Allah, I will go to them' So Abu Bakr entered upon them, and then 'Ali uttered Tashah-hud and said (to Abu Bakr), "We know well your superiority and what Allah has given you, and we are not jealous of the good what Allah has bestowed upon you, but you did not consult us in the question of the rule and we thought that we have got a right in it because of our near relationship to Allah's Apostle ." Thereupon Abu Bakr's eyes flowed with tears. And when Abu Bakr spoke, he said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is to keep good relations with the relatives of Allah's Apostle is dearer to me than to keep good relations with my own relatives. But as for the trouble which arose between me and you about his property, I will do my best to spend it according to what is good, and will not leave any rule or regulation which I saw Allah's Apostle following, in disposing of it, but I will follow." On that 'Ali said to Abu Bakr, "I promise to give you the oath of allegiance in this after noon." So when Abu Bakr had offered the Zuhr prayer, he ascended the pulpit and uttered the Tashah-hud and then mentioned the story of 'Ali and his failure to give the oath of allegiance, and excused him, accepting what excuses he had offered; Then 'Ali (got up) and praying (to Allah) for forgiveness, he uttered Tashah-hud, praised Abu Bakr's right, and said, that he had not done what he had done because of jealousy of Abu Bakr or as a protest of that Allah had favored him with. 'Ali added, "But we used to consider that we too had some right in this affair (of rulership) and that he (i.e. Abu Bakr) did not consult us in this matter, and therefore caused us to feel sorry." On that all the Muslims became happy and said, "You have done the right thing." The Muslims then became friendly with 'Ali as he returned to what the people had done (i.e. giving the oath of allegiance to Abu Bakr).  (Book #59, Hadith }

When Ali and Abu Bakr { RA } cleared there differences, then who are we to prolong it.

Also read this    :  For six months Ali and some of his relatives did not pledge loyalty to Abu Bakr. That was because of a difference of opinion with the Caliph. The holy Prophet had some land at Medina and Khaibar. His daughter, Fatima, and his uncle, Abbas, laid claim to this land. But Abu Bakr set aside the claim, in the light of what the holy Prophet himself had said. "We Prophets cannot be inherited," was his saying; "whatever we leave behind is public property."

Fatima knew nothing of this saying of her father. She thought she was perfectly right in her claim. This created a little bitterness in her mind, and the mind of her husband, Ali. The hypocrites were quick to add to the misunderstanding.

But Abu Bakr and Ali were equally unselfish. During Fatima's illness, Abu Bakr himself went to see her and cleared away the misunderstanding. After her death, Ali went to Abu Bakr and said, "O Siddiq, we admit your superiority. We do not envy the position Allah has given you. But as relatives of the holy Prophet, we thought Caliphate to be our right. You had taken away this right of ours."

These words brought tears in Abu Bakr's eyes and he said, "By Allah, the relatives of the Prophet are dearer to me than my own relatives."
The assurance satisfied Ali. He went to the mosque and publicly took the pledge of loyalty

You can check the authenticity of those hadiths quoted in my first post. Hope and pray Allah swt to bless us with this wealth of love for the companions of the Prophets.

Edited by seekshidayath - 07 September 2008 at 7:24pm
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2008 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by asda asda wrote:

Salaams...

The companions of Prophet (SAW) were normal fallible human beings.

This is a strawman and a willfull distortion of the topic. Your claim is not a "strong point" of Sunnis which you are trying to distort.

They were neither divine, nor sent by Allah.

Another strawman, for thinking that the companions were divine would be shirk. Hardly a "strong point" from Muslims. As far as being sent by Allah, I would love to know just how you have ascertained the mind of Allah and His relationship with mankind. I am guessing you do not have any real answers to my ojections and your points were just part of your hyporbole and over editorializing of the topic.

The companions of Prophet (SAW), who were sincere with Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and his mission, who strived hard in the way of Islam, who did good to themselves and to others, before and after the demise of Prophet (SAW), will enter paradise through the process of accountability. And to such companions of Prophet (SAW), we pay our tribute and sign of respect.

I agree.

But respecting all companions and loving all of them, claiming everyone of them to be truthful and pious, is wrong to the fundamentals of Quran and history.

Thats quite a sweeping generalization. The topic of the companions is not as simplistic, nor is the view of Muslims so simplistic of the topic. A certain amount of adhab is used when approaching any of them, which does not mean that adhab for all is equivalent to worshiping for a few, many, most, or any.

When Allah himself doesn't promise forgiveness to all of the companions, except those who believe and do good, then who are we to attribute piety to every one of the companions?

Adhab and piety are not the same things. Instead of making claims which such gaping generalizations, why not clarify your stance.

If all companions of Prophet (SAW) were infallibles and couldn't make mistakes, then which men have been condemned in the Quran for displaying niggardly behavior with respect to Jihad;

And you are displaying niggardly behavior toward reason. Please clarify particulars such as a case example.

You are asking a "complex" question since the assumption buried in your question as not been "established".

Behold! you are those who are called upon to spend in Allah's way, but among you are those who are niggardly, and whoever is niggardly is niggardly against his own soul; and Allah is Self-sufficient and you have need (of Him), and if you turn back He will bring in your place another people, then they will not be like you.
Quran [47:38]

Similarly, if all companions were saints, then can you show me from history that no Islamic punishment was ever legislated during the time of the Prophet (SAW) or the first four Caliphs, the era during which the Muslim community consisted of no one but the companions?

Another complex question (a fallacy), please establish that every person that came in contact with the prophet is a saint, from the position of Muslims. The rest of your question is perplexing. Please clarify.

Prophet (SAW) is the real deal. He is the infallible Prophet of Allah. He is the representative of Allah. He is the fundamental of Islam. To be a Muslim, you need to testify his (SAW) prophethood.

And what? This is an established Muslim belief.

Islam is not about the people you choose. They do not become a part of your faith. It is about the People Allah chose, the people who the Prophet of Allah chose!! Who did Allah choose?

Actually it is, since a person's piety is based upon their closeness to God, which can be ascertained. Furthermore, how are you able to read God's mind to know who He likes or does not like?

(a narrow interpretation of the Quran will not serve my skepticsim of your flawed sect)

Surely Allah chose Adam and Nuh and the descendants of Ibrahim and the descendants of Imran above the nations.
Quran [3:33]

wsalaam

This begs the question: So what? How does this prove your sect's basic claims? I will answer for you: It does not without some manipulation and supposition.

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic