IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Beggining the journey.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beggining the journey.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zyad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beggining the journey.
    Posted: 23 August 2008 at 10:29pm
Hi, my name is Zyad, I am a 21 year old student from Canada, I'm orginally from Palestine but have been living in this country since 1991.
I was born a muslim and attended a muslim saturday school for 4 years around 8 years ago but since then, I have completely lost my faith and lost my path in life.
My goal is to find myself and I sincerly believe that discussing issues and everyday problems and gaining insight on my lost religion will help me guide my life and lead me to become a better person and a person which sees life in a clearer matter.
I hope to meet you all and I wish you all the best.
Zyad.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 10:11am

Assalamu Alaikum,

Welcome to the forum. Smile

There are many sections where you may take part as per your preferences.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 10:26am
Welcome Zyad!
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2008 at 6:40am
As Salamu Alaikum

Welcome to the forum

May Allah guide us all to the true teachings as based on the Shariah Ameen

May we help and support each other to become better muslims Ameen

Salams
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 12:57am

Welcome Zyad. It is good that you have remembered your past. This world is full of misery and deciet (Fitnah). Just be careful and do not lose hope. Keep investigating. Everything is laid out bare before you. On one side is the prayer and piety. On the other side you will see lot of drinking and illicit sex and gambling and dance and music.

Just be careful. Choice will not be difficult, InSha Allah. Please keep good company because it is the company which makes or breaks a person.  Love for all and Hatred for none, please.

Do your duty to God, your creator and try to help the mankind in whatever way you can. Allah will be your guide.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic