IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Huquq Allah and Huquq Al-Ibadah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Huquq Allah and Huquq Al-Ibadah

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Huquq Allah and Huquq Al-Ibadah
    Posted: 03 August 2008 at 2:48am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

A member asked me in another thread to discuss about Huquq Allah and Huquq Al-Ibadah (Rights of Allah and the Rights of Worship.) This is a very comprehensive study as it entails every aspect of our life. Insha Allah this is an opportunity for all of us to learn together by contributing, Ayah, Hadith or articles.

Huquq Allah and Huquq Al-Ibadah, according to my understanding, is our complete way of life, our obligations to Allah and to our fellow humans as well as our religious duties. Every act done in accordance with the Shariah is worship.

Together with Ikhlas (sincerity) we must have Taqwa (fear of Allah�s punishment and hope for His Mercy and Forgiveness)

I have listed below a few Ayah and Ahadith which I feel are relevant on this subject.

From the Glorious Qur'an

�Beautified is the life of this world for those who disbelieve, and they mock at those who believe. But those who have Taqwa, will be above them on the Day of Resurrection. And Allah gives to whom He wills without limit.� (Surah Al-Baqarah 2: 212)

Say: "My Lord hath commanded justice; and that ye set your whole selves (to Him) at every time and place of prayer, and call upon Him, making your devotion sincere as in His sight: such as He created you in the beginning, so shall ye return." (Surah Al-A�raf 7: 29)

"And they were only commanded that they should worship Allah (Alone), making the religion sincerely for Him, inclining to the truth, (that they) establish the prayer and give the Zakah. That is the upright religion." (Surah Al-Bayyinah 98:5)

"Say: Whether you hide what is in your breasts or reveal it, Allah knows it." (Surah Al-Imran 3:29)

"Say: Shall We inform you about those who will lose most in respect to their actions? Those whose efforts have been wasted in the life of this world, whilst they thought that they were doing good actions." (Surah Al-Kahf 18: 103-104)

�Say (O Muhammad) �Verily my Salah, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, Rabbil-Alamin� (Surah Al-An�am 6: 162)

But, for those who have Taqwa of their Lord, are Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise); therein are they to dwell, an entertainment from Allah; and that which is with Allah is the best for Al-Abrar (the most righteous)�. (Surah Al-Imran 3: 196-198)

�Verily those who have Taqwa when an evil thought comes to them from Shaitan, they remember Allah and they then see (aright)� (Surah Al-A�raf 7: 201)

Those who repent, who worship (Him), who praise (Him), who fast, who bow down, who prostrate themselves, who enjoin good and forbid evil, and who observe the limits set by Allah. And give glad tidings to the believers. (Surah At-Taubah 9: 112)

From the Sunnah

Let�s we contemplate on the seven people who will be shaded by Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala and some Ahadith on intention and sincerity.

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam)  said, "Seven people will be shaded by Allah under His shade on the day when there will be no shade except His. They are:

1. A just ruler.

2. A young man who has been brought up in the worship of Allah, (i.e. worship Allah (Alone) sincerely from his childhood).

3. A man whose heart is attached to the mosque (who offers the five compulsory congregational prayers in the mosque).

4. Two persons who love each other only for Allah's sake and they meet and part in Allah's cause only.

5. A man who refuses the call of a charming woman of noble birth for an illegal sexual intercourse with her and says: I am afraid of Allah.

6. A person who practices charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given (i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity).

7. A person who remembers Allah in seclusion and his eyes get flooded with tears."

(Al-Bukhari Vol 2 No 504)

Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu) that I heard the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) saying,

"Indeed all actions are but by their intentions and each individual will get what he intended. So whoever migrated for the sake of Allah and His Messenger then his migration will be for Allah and His Messenger; and whoever migrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry then his migration would be for what he migrated."  (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Zayd ibn Thabit (Radhi Allahu Anhu) relates that the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said:

"May Allah brighten whosoever hears my words, memorises them and then conveys them to others. Many a carrier of knowledge does not understand it, and many a carrier of knowledge conveys it to one who has better understanding. There are three things which the heart of a Believer has no malice about: Ikhlas for Allah in one's action; sincere advice to the Muslim leaders; and clinging to the Jamaa'ah."  (Reported by Imam Ahmad and ibn Majah)

Narrated by Abu Mas'ud (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam)  said, "If a man spends on his family (with the intention of having a reward from Allah) sincerely for Allah's sake then it is a (kind of) alms-giving in reward for him." (Al-Bukhari Vol 1 No.52)

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): I said: "O Allah's Apostle! Who will be the luckiest person, who will gain your intercession on the Day of Resurrection?" Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said: O Abu Hurairah! "I have thought that none will ask me about it before you as I know your longing for the (learning of) Hadith. The luckiest person who will have my intercession on the Day of Resurrection will be the one who said sincerely from the bottom of his heart "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah." (Al-Bukhari Vol 1 No 98)

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam)  said, "The deeds of anyone of you will not save you (from the (Hell) Fire)." They said, "Even you (will not be saved by your deeds), O Allah's Apostle?" He (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "No, even I (will not be saved) unless and until Allah bestows His Mercy on me. Therefore, do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately, and worship Allah in the forenoon and in the afternoon and during a part of the night, and always adopt a middle, moderate, regular course whereby you will reach your target (Paradise)."  (Al-Bukhari Vol 8 No 470)

Narrated by 'Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anha): Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately and know that your deeds will not make you enter Paradise, and that the most beloved deed to Allah's is the most regular and constant even though it were little." (Al-Bukhari Vol 8 No 471)

In conclusion we know from an Islamic prospective all worship � Salah, Zakat, Sawm, and Haj and good deeds will only be accepted by Allah, if they are done sincerely for the Sake of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, and in accordance with the Sunnah and by a Muslim.  If non-Muslims perform any of these acts it will not be accepted from them. If they are done in a manner that does not comply with the Shariah, they will be rejected. Our intention and sincerity � only Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala knows what our hearts reveal and what they hide thus He is the final Judge to accept or reject them.

Since this topic covers every aspect of our life, Insha Allah we can all contribute towards this thread to better understand our obligation to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, ourselves and our fellow human in fact to all of Allah�s creation.

O Allah, We seek refuge in You from a heart that is not humble, a soul that is not satisfied, knowledge that is of no benefit and a supplication that is not answered. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu     

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2008 at 4:43pm
Assalamu alaikum. Huquq Allah.

I think Huquq Allah is explained in Sura 2:30 and then exemplified in Sura 38:26. Huquq Allah are:
1. Belief in Allah and not associating Him with anybody. This is the function of Khalifate.
2. Accepting what the holy Prophet brought and practiced. Imagine when the holy Propeht sent Ali bin Abi Talib for the 9th year Pilgrimage to announce sura 9 and also when he sent Muadh to Yemen. They all said I am the messenger of the messnger of Allah. We are not representing Muhammad today since we do not have a Khalifa.
3. Obedience to Allah in doing what He allowed and eschewing what He prohibited. There is no Muslim Umma that do not follow secterian worship or a Madhhaba in place of an authentic Sunna. The holy Propeht said, the most educated in his Sunna and the eldest should be your Imam - Kubra and Sugra.
4. We do not follow the Fara'id. People recite the Qur'an during prayers the way they like. We go to Hajj leaving our relations and neighbours impoverished. See Khasa'is Sharia by Dr. Umar Sulayman Ashqari page 30.
Friendship.
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2008 at 9:05am
As Salamu Alaikum

Jazakallahu Khairan for your beneficial input.

Insha Allah other members will contribute too.

Salams
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2008 at 5:57pm

Assalamu alaikum.

Brother Alwarda.

We have hit the nail on the head properly and squarely. You mentioned a just ruler giving him position NO.1. Why did you not give him the last position. In the absence of a just ruler what will be the fate of the rest of them. Without Muhammad Rasulullah could there be an Arab alive today living in Hijaz? So why are we arguing unnecessarily on the importance of the Khalifate? I said it is No 1, attached to Imaan. What was the covenant we undertook with Allah when we were in the loin of our father Adam in Qur'an chapter 7:172 as explained by Ubayy bin Ka'b?  Was Allah able to effect that covenant without a Khalifa?

Friendship.
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2008 at 6:12am
As Salamu Alaikum

I don't see any argument here about khalifate.

You made a valuable contribution towards the understanding of this subject.

'Huquq Allah and Huquq Al-Ibadah.

Let's leave the khalifate argument to another thread, I know sometimes issues are interwoven, but for an individual giving Allah His Right has nothing to do with Khalifate.

Jazakallahu Khairan

Salams

Edited by Alwardah - 05 October 2008 at 6:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic