IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Epaulets?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Epaulets?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 11:05pm

cool Nausheen    

anyway I don't think I will get any higher than 3 stars  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 11:34am

Hi All,

Now everybody has a change to get 5 stars (or whatever we decide later). Here the new stars system:
1 star: newbie < 40 posts
2 stars: groupie 40-99 post
3 stars: senior member 100-499 posts
4 stars: senior member 500-999 post
5 stars: senior member 1000 or more posts

Your stars will not be update till you do another post. (This also happen to yusuf and others who are the top ten poster, but because he has not done any post yet in this new forum, so their title still Newbie).

Again this is just for fun, everybody has the same level to argue, debate or whatever. For now 3,4,5 stars have the same tittle "senior member", you guys may have any idea for those. If so please let us know! (some peoples came up: super member for 4 stars and distinguish member for 5 stars)

Edited by Administrator
Best Regards & Peace,

Admin
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 9:48pm

Guess I thought wrong  I did get higher than 3 stars, now got 5   and it wasn't even a wish

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 12:03pm

Nausheen Wrote:

"Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rehman ir rahim,

I think this will apease those who may think moderators and admins are getting an undue merit."

--------------------------------------

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Sister,in any words of mine in this thread,i did not mean any of a word trying to causing that the moderators and the admins are getting an undue merit.It is so sad that no one has understood the insight of my words which my words were coming from my love on yours...no problem....Wa Salaam...

Edited by Suleyman
-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Nausheen Wrote:

I think this will apease those who may think moderators and admins are getting an undue merit."

Sister,in any words of mine in this thread,i did not mean any of a word trying to causing that the moderators and the admins are getting an undue merit.It is so sad that no one has understood the insight of my words which my words were coming from my love on yours...no problem....Wa Salaam...

we get what your saying.. or well I get what your saying.. Your saying that people shouldnt be ranked here, becuase they are comming here for Knowlage and for the betterment of Islam. And the stars some how represent rank - yeah.. I get that... But your pressing minor issues too far - kind of like what the JEws did To Moses in the Hiefer STory...

Comon - you know what im talking about - the Isrealites were ordered to sacrafice a heifer and repeatedly asked moses for details, like "What color should the hiefer be?" "How old should it be?" "should it be a hiefer bred to till the field?" etc... but they were simply ordered to sacrafice a cow! so you see... Devil is into DETAILS!..

THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

I saw that some of the senior members of the top 10 posters didn't have all their stars and become newbies

For Suleyman, a disclaimer = I mean no offence . Everytime you voice your opinion about not liking something and ask it to be taken away {{which is fine in voicing your opinion}} you do not consider other people in what they may like or not like. You're not the only user in this board you know  Now somehow you have twisted the Admin to change from stars to pencils, what is wrong with having stars? Do you see other people having problems with stars ? What if I and many others want the stars to stay ?  

Anyway I like the stars  

I protest! stars stay stars stay stars stay!!        (don't worry I'm just clowning  )

don't care what pictures are used, just wanted to point something out to Suleyman

Angel,i have been away from the board for the weekend for a trip in Istanbul including a special work for islamicity web board for composing a photo show about the famous places of Istanbul(St.Sophia,Blue Mosque,The Yerebatan Cistern Museum,Sultan Ahmed Court,The Bosphorus,Pics from the Parish Prays in ancient mosques,The Bridge-No Topkapi Palace because they don't take the camera in...) giving a fresh air to my friends in the board.I wish all of you will enjoy with these special effort i only made to board with the love to Allah with my absent time limits....i have just turned back and so early to putting into the board... 

Angel,while i was on my run with the camera for taking the photos of the ancient places of Istanbul,i wish you did not think that i read your words and put the silence on my mouth;No!...now i read your words and you have to pay the bill;did you say disclaimer to me?,hmmm....no way to escape...

Angel,i remembered my grandmother who died 6 years ago...you have some common points with her,at least you are the hers...

While someone tells her a story or a happening; at the end of the speech she was saying like she did not hear the story with adding this word:what happened?,then the person begins re-telling the story from the top and comes to the end then she was still asking: who did?,like she did not listen the whole story two times...i wish Allah will bless her soul,she was too old...

Angel,didn't you read the thread which i was telling my thoughts on the issue or at least i gave the interesting examples that an improvement came after that thread....

Don't worry,no problem;i was just joking...no need to pay the bill..you are right that i am sometimes an disclaimer by the cause of my childhood past inside of my big sister and big brother who are they 18 years older than me...may be i am a little bit bearish and  pert...

I trust your clean heart that your words on me don't make me angry;keep the smile and the joi de vivre in your heart which gives us moral.Wa Salaam... 

Edited by Suleyman
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by -ArabianKnight- -ArabianKnight- wrote:

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Nausheen Wrote:

we get what your saying.. or well I get what your saying.. Your saying that people shouldnt be ranked here, becuase they are comming here for Knowlage and for the betterment of Islam. And the stars some how represent rank - yeah.. I get that... But your pressing minor issues too far - kind of like what the JEws did To Moses in the Hiefer STory...

Comon - you know what im talking about - the Isrealites were ordered to sacrafice a heifer and repeatedly asked moses for details, like "What color should the hiefer be?" "How old should it be?" "should it be a hiefer bred to till the field?" etc... but they were simply ordered to sacrafice a cow! so you see... Devil is into DETAILS!..

Ok 

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 10:08am

As Salamu Alaikum

I am new to this group and just started reading thru' the different sections. I never realized that forums where a good place to voice one's views and opinions.

Stars or no stars - makes no difference.

The date the person joined the group and well as the number of articles posted are  mentioned; that is enough. The whole object is to increase our knowledge and increase our brotherly/sisterly love for each thru' dialogue. We need to exert every effort we can to try and  unite the Ummah of Muhammad (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) which is in bits and pieces presently.

However, I feel it is important to mention who the administrators and moderators are, so that if we need advice on a matter � which may not be suitable to post, we will know whom to direct our inquiry to.

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic