IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Epaulets?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Epaulets?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Epaulets?
    Posted: 14 March 2005 at 1:37pm

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

I have realized that there are some epaulets behind the names of the members.I made an little search about the issue comparing the registering years of the members with also comparing the stars they have taken in that time period.I have found some interesting results that came to me it should be told:Brother Yusuf,Brother Saif,Sister Peaceinislam,Friend Angel,Brother Anonymous(LA) has only one star(they are newbie);they have one epaulet(or carrying same at me-3).Also looking to me that i see;i have three epaulets and the moderators have the five(they are absolutely shining) also seeing some of them adding more to their shoulders....The users i have stated are the backbones of this forum and i am not claiming or wanting to giving them all of the epaulets....

The epaulet system(newbie,groupie...stars) does not fit first to the soul of Islam  then the soul of this forum.I request from the moderators deleting all my epaulets/stars) on my shoulder;they annoy,disturb my soul,please,this does not smell good.....Wa Salaam.

=========
Admin: The Calligraphies have been move to Art Forum

Edited by Administrator
adji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2005 at 2:36pm

Assalamu alaikum Br. Sulyman,

Regarding the euplets (stars) it is just a symbol how active you are, how much you contribute to this board. This is based on how many posting that you made, here the detail:
1 star: new user (newbie), post less than 40.
2 stars: groupy, post 40-100
3 stars: senior member, post more than 100.
4 stars, moderators.
5 stars, admin's.

We gave more stars to admins and moderators, because they do more works and spend more time in this board/forum.

So we think this is fair enough, the more active you are, the more contribution (post) you make, you will get more stars. Like myselves eventhough I've been here since sept 2000, but becasue I conributed less then others I am monly have one star.

Yes I agree user is very important, active user even more important, becase if there is no posting, so nothing to read, so this board will not exist.

What do you think?  Is it fair enough?

Edited by adji
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2005 at 2:49pm

Aleykum Selam ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Brother Adjj,

With reading your post and re-reading my initial message;we are turning back to my first message...we don't need epaulets and the numbers are not fitting to the efforts seen in the board also including the moderators;injustice and no need,as i have said there is no epaulets in Islam and they are disturbing my soul;at least i don't want(how can i delete?);just an view,no force...Wa Salaam...

adji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2005 at 3:51pm

Assalamu alaikum,

I think respecting sombody contirbution is encorage in Islam, and the eupalets system is one way how to do that. Regarding moderators, I think in islam there is teaching if there are 3 peoples walk together, we have to choose one as the leader of the group, however the choosen leader must be democratic, wise etc.. so in this case the choosen leader is the moderators.

Anyway, unfortuanately it's difficult to remove the epaulets system, need a big overhaul of the software. So at least for now, assume that the are not exist if you don't like it. Insha Allah having this epaulets  is not a sin by in the eyes of Allah.

Thank from your view.

Wassalam,

Adji

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by adji adji wrote:

Assalamu alaikum,

...so in this case the choosen leader is the moderators.

... Insha Allah having this epaulets  is not a sin by in the eyes of Allah.

Thank from your view.

Wassalam,

Adji

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Brother Adjj,

The problem was not about causing a sin;i don't think it will cause except causing slowing the synergy...

Brother,this what i was scaring for.I don't know how long have you been knowing the board(of course you know,i am talking about how long you have been sharing the love of being an member of the family with adding your comments,replying the messages,being lowly,at least replying the mails?);but we know each other as an part of a family who we can't put our hearts in stars,they can't fit into;i was scaring to limiting the love in to the number of stars.That's all i was trying to say...i can't my love fitting into a logo,i was scaring that the star frame will be an wall between us;why?,from the physcology i have seen in so many persons who wear the epaulets then things changes without any intention{LEADER IS THE MODERATORS};just an experience...no problem,as i have said;it was just an view  wanting the best to my friends...

Brother Adjj,may i ask you something?.In West;there are institutes,colleges,associations,special efforts and social clubs trying to teaching the persons for using the English grammars more bright,preventing the degeneration on the words,making them more efficient,more permanent...;but i see from your words that you use absent words,passing some of the letters,cutting the words...i just wondered, are they really absent or you have no time for writing the full words for the board...i just wondered...Wa Salaam...

Ohh,i have adapted a song for the moderators,i wish you will love,it is from Queen...

Chorus:(from Queen)
We are the champions my friend.
And we'll keep on fighting till the end.
We are the champions. We are the champions.
No time for losers 'cause we are the champions
of the world.

Adapted Type: 

We are the moderators my friend.

And we'll keep on fighting till the end(a board including three members who are the moderators)

We are the moderators!!.We are the moderators!!!!.

No time for losers(members who has no star more than 3) 'cause we are the moderators!!!!! of the world

-----------------------

Just for some fun;but i can't laugh...Wa Salaam...

We are the brothers and the sisters(& in this board who we sometimes withdraw our hair

Edited by Suleyman
adji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 2:30pm

Assalmu alaikum Br. Sulleyman,

We got your point, but we can not remove that, that we will do is replacing the stars image with pencils, insha Allah soon. Will this be better for you?

Wassalam,

Adji

Edited by adji
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 3:47pm

I saw that some of the senior members of the top 10 posters didn't have all their stars and become newbies

For Suleyman, a disclaimer = I mean no offence . Everytime you voice your opinion about not liking something and ask it to be taken away {{which is fine in voicing your opinion}} you do not consider other people in what they may like or not like. You're not the only user in this board you know  Now somehow you have twisted the Admin to change from stars to pencils, what is wrong with having stars? Do you see other people having problems with stars ? What if I and many others want the stars to stay ?  

Anyway I like the stars  

I protest! stars stay stars stay stars stay!!        (don't worry I'm just clowning  )

don't care what pictures are used, just wanted to point something out to Suleyman

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 10:54pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rehman ir rahim,

Assalamualaikum Brother Adji,

Is it any way possible to give the stars strictly on the basis of number of posts alone.

In this way everyone, including the moderators and administrators will bear stars for their messaging and nothing more.

I think this will apease those who may think moderators and admins are getting an undue merit.

Eveyone who is coming here for the sake of allah is doing a voluntary service. If people have recognition for this in their hearts, it should suffice, insha allah.

Iam not sure about others but for myself, I have received continued assistance and encouragement from you, brother Aleem, and for a longer period from brother Muneeb.  For me, its great really, I dont need stars.

Angel, sure u shld have what u want.

here u go ....

Let me know when u've run out of these

"star of wonder, star of light, star with royal beauty bright,

westward leading still proceeding, guide us to thy holy light."

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>