IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi
    Posted: 30 July 2008 at 2:22am
Hi guys,
I am smaa, i am 21 years old. I have recently joined this site and i found it very interesting. I hope to make some friends as i dont have any and i am also hoping to learn new things that i dont know about islam. so if u wanna be my friend do contact me and let me know about this forum thing. take care and allah hafiz 
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 7:37pm

As'Salamu Alaikum,

Welcome to our boards of discussions at IC.

Be active here, insha Allah, you shall find many friends here. WIsh you a very happy stay.

Your Allah Hafiz, denotes you are asian Smile

Anyways, sister, this place is a good way of learing from each other. Stay active.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 8:30am
Hello there Smaa . . . looking forward to seeing u around on the forums. . .

Seeks: lol, how does 'Allah Hafiz' denote that one is Asian? I never thought of that! but yea, mostly asians use it . . .why I wonder. I thought they said 'Khuda Hafiz' . . .
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 4:21am
Mostly, we Indians and Pakistanis, use it. Its my observation. Now, i see people shifting from khuda to Allah.  Hafiz is the same Smile.

Other observation is the way of salam. We can easily trace them.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2008 at 9:33am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Mostly, we Indians and Pakistanis, use it. Its my observation. Now, i see people shifting from khuda to Allah.  Hafiz is the same Smile.

Other observation is the way of salam. We can easily trace them.

When I was a kid, I would also use 'Khuda Hafiz' . . .but since Khuda is a general term, for any 'god' or God . . . I shifted to 'Allah Hafiz' . . . since Allah is more specific for me.

Also, curiosity makes me ask . . .how can u tell by the salaam?

What is the correct Islamic way to greet a person before leaving? Accord to Sunnah/Hadith?

Edited by Chrysalis - 05 August 2008 at 9:34am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Smaa View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 12:14pm
walaikumsalam, how are you doing? i dont know anything about you but it's so nice to see that you actually replied me. yeh, i am an asian but its not necessary that only asians use allah hafiz. I have heard people from other regions use "Allah Hafiz" Any ways, tell me about yourself and I thought nobody would reply so i didnt even login to see if i have any replies. well, take care and allah hafiz
smaa
Smaa View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 1:13pm
lol you guys are making allah hafiz such an issue. allah is god and god is allah and hafiz is one of his names so i dont think that it actually matters whether you use allah hafiz or khuda hafiz. but as you see allah is more specific. well this is the second time i came on this form and hope to see you here too soon. till then take care and allah hafiz
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 6:36am

Samaa: why dont you click on the e-mail notification for the topic? (at the end of the page) That way, you wont have to log-in everytime just to check and see if you have replies. You'll be notified by email if somebody replies to your post.

Thats ok :) nobody is making an issue out of 'Allah Hafiz' :p . . . just discussing it.

See you around.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic