IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Advise.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advise.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rukia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advise.
    Posted: 29 July 2008 at 12:52am

I hope this will not sound mean but i was hurt with the reception i received from Jeddah airport three days ago. I was on my way back to Dubai from performing my Umrah,i was not allowed to pass the migration simply because my Visa stated that i was sponsored and i was travelling alone without my sponsor.

What hurt me alot is the treatment i faced from the officers, i concluded that i was given this hostile treatment because i wasnt speaking Arabic and am from Kenya, this was the bitter truth, for example when i asked if i could wait in the office where there were more than six seats for a call from my sponsor i was rudly asked to leave the office while another Saudi man was offered a seat. As Muslims we are being disciminated from non islamic states why should we get these harsh treatments from a country like Saudi? i believe we are all equal in the eye of God i was shocked getting this from Saudi.

I didnt have enough time while there due to the fact that my visa is for three months i was planing to go back to Mekka to perform Umrah for my grandmother who will not have the chance to go there and my grandfather who recently passed away but am scared of going back, please my dear brothers and sisters advise me.

If this mail offended anyone in any kind of way my sincere appologies it wasnt meant for that. i

Shukran.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 4:09am

Salaams Rukia,

Welcome to the Forum. A few thoughts..

-not all people will do the right thing. People have biases, some subtle, some not so subtle all over the world. We are all influenced by things.  Just becasue one is from one place or anothe does not mean that they would "know better." 

Also, one person or two does not make for a whole place. I do not think you should let this stop you from doing Umrah for your grandmother. Be yourself and carry yourself with dignity. If you let them "stop you" then where does it get you? As you said this was in the airport. Anyone who does not have the "right" papers anywhere is looked upon with suspicion. If people in Mecca and Medina treated you poorly I'd be more sad.

Were they discriminating towards you cause you are Kenyan, maybe so. If it happens again, let officials there know. That is all we can do. And pray for Allah's forgiveness for ourselves and others.

I am sure there are prayers for protection on travel.

Go and be strong!Thumbs%20Up

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Rukia View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rukia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 8:50am
Thanks Hayfa,
I will surely do that, even if i get the same treatment i wont let it bother me and Inshallah God wont make me experience it again.

Shukran Habibty.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 2:28pm
Salams,

And I think that Allah tests all of us in big and small ways... for some, what you went through might be really easy.. for others a test.

And its a test for them as well.. to treat all with dignity, no matter the circumstance.. so..

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic