IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hijab and Burkha  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hijab and Burkha

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

Let us not forget that men are commanded to wear hijab also.

Men don't wear BURKHA, or are commanded to wear khimaar, ---. Wink

JazakAllah for the reminder. Yes, men are commanded to lower there gaze. This commandment were given to men first and then the commands for women were followed.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 11:26am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

Let us not forget that men are commanded to wear hijab also.

Men don't wear BURKHA, or are commanded to wear khimaar, ---. Wink

JazakAllah for the reminder. Yes, men are commanded to lower there gaze. This commandment were given to men first and then the commands for women were followed.

Come on Brother Seeks! The Male Hijab is more than that! They also have to cover thier Sattr , the compulsory part of which is everything from the navel to the knee. . . WHICH MEANS that Brothers should not wear tight-fitting pants that expose anything from the navel to the knee.

Just saying . . .
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 7:19pm

JazakAllah for the reminder.

If there's going to be feminist movement here at IC. i bet, shasta's aunt is going to be its president, sis Chrysallis General Secretary and of course our Sis Hayfa, its vice president. Big%20smile

When a word "woman" is been discussed, you all do jump there in her support. Smile

Hope sister, you do not take it seriously. Am not anti-woman.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 7:20pm

JazakAllah for the reminder.

If there's going to be feminist movement here at IC. i bet, shasta's aunt is going to be its president, sis Chrysallis General Secretary and of course our Sis Hayfa, its vice president. Big%20smile

When a word "woman" is been discussed, you all do jump there in her support. Smile

LOLLOLLOL
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2008 at 8:44am

Not at all Seeks . . . 

LOL

Edited by Chrysalis - 05 August 2008 at 8:44am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2008 at 6:30pm
Wow I am a cabinet member.. Cool
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
sara ali View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2016 at 10:57am
there alot difference between hijab and burka
The Burka consists of a long dress, which covers the woman�s body entirely and hijab The hijab is headscarf not a veil hide the hair,ears and the neck but with full visual on their face for more info check here burka and hijabburka and hijab
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic