IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help: Christian Lady interested in Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help: Christian Lady interested in Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zia21754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help: Christian Lady interested in Islam
    Posted: 22 July 2008 at 3:13am
Brothers and Sisters: Assalamualikum, I need some help.
With the grace of Allah, I know a christian lady who has expressed interest in learning about Islam. She is in her mid to early thirties and is a divorcee with two children.
I need to know from your own experiences how I can help this lady learn about Islam and InshaAllah, one day become a Muslimah. I would like to know if there are books I can get for her or specific articles etc.
Kindly let me know asap as this matter is rather urgent.
Wasslaam
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 11:28am
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 6:55pm
Asalam Alaikum Zia,

It is wonderful that you want to help her. Semer provided a good link.

I would be more then happy to write and converse with her. Sometimes it helps to have someone to chat with who is not "pushy". Each person needs to be on their own journey. Some folks try to change a person. Each of us can only go where we are meant to go at a rate that is good for us.

Hayfa 
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
zia21754 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zia21754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 6:53am
Asssalamualikum Sister Hyfa.
I am assuming from your name that you are a 'sister'. OK - that would be great if you could reach out to her over email etc. I will get her email address and PM it to you - also will find out if she is willing to converse with someone about this at this stage.
One question: are you a convert yourself? or can you in any way relate to her situation?
Regards!
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 2:38pm
Salaams Zia,

ya, I am a "sister."  I tend to be a laid back sort of person.

Oh yes I am a revert. I became a revert a bit over 4 years ago.. and had learned about Islam for about 2 years before I did my Shahada. So it was by no means rash..  Many of my friends are nonMuslim and I love to travel and meet people. So I tend, in a sense to be open-minded and empathetic..

Gosh I sound like I am applying for a job..lol

Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic