|Active Topics Memberlist Calendar Search Help|
|Register Login Old Forum|
|Pillars of Islam|
|IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Pillars of Islam|
|Topic: The 77 branches of Iman|
Joined: 11 July 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
| Topic: The 77 branches of Iman
Posted: 11 July 2008 at 6:33pm
77 branches of faith
30 qualities are connected to the heart
1. Belief in Allah
2. To believe that everything other than Allah was non-existent. Thereafter, Allah created these things and subsequently they came into existence.
3. To believe in the existence of angels.
4. To believe that all the heavenly books that were sent to the different prophets are true. However, apart from the Quran, all other books are not valid anymore.
5. To believe that all the prophets are true. However, we are commanded to follow the Muhammad alone.
6. To believe that Allah Most High as knowledge of everything from before-hand and that only that which He sanctions or wishes will occur.
7. To believe that Resurrection will definitely occur.
8. To believe in the existence of Heaven.
9. To believe in the existence of Hell.
10. To have love for Allah Most High.
11. To have love for the Muhammad
12. To love or hate someone solely because of Allah.
13. To execute all actions with the intention of religion alone.
14. To regret and express remorse when a sin is committed.
15. To fear Allah Most High.
16. To hope for the mercy of Allah Most High.
17. To be modest.
18. To express gratitude over a bounty or favour.
19. To fulfill promises.
20. To exercise patience.
21. To consider yourself lower than others.
22. To have mercy on the creation.
23. To be pleased with whatever you experience from Allah Most High.
24. To place your trust in Allah Most High.
25. Not to boast or brag over any quality that you possess.
26. Not to have malice or hatred towards anybody.
27. Not to be envious of anyone.
28. Not to become angry.
29. Not to wish harm for anyone.
30. Not to have love for the world.
7 qualities are connected to the tongue
31. To recite the testimony of faith (kalimah) with the tongue.
32. To recite the Quran.
33. To acquire knowledge.
34. To pass on Knowledge.
35. To make dua.
36. To make the zikr of Allah Most High.
37. To abstain from the following: lies, backbiting, vulgar words, cursing, singing that is contrary to the Shariah.
40 qualities are connected to the entire body
38. To make wudu, ghusl, and keep one's clothing clean.
39. To be steadfast in offering salaat.
40. To pay zakaat and sadaqatul fitr.
41. To fast.
42. To perform the Hajj.
43. To make i'tikaaf.
44. To move away or migrate from that place which is harmful for one's deen.
45. To fulfill the vows that have been made to Allah.
46. To fulfill the oaths that are not sinful.
47. To pay the kaffarah for unfulfilled oaths.
48. To cover those parts of the body that are fard to cover.
49. To perform the ritual slaughter.
50. To enshroud and bury the deceased.
51. To fulfill your debts.
52. To abstain from prohibited things when undertaking monetary transactions.
53. Not to conceal something true which you may have witnessed.
54. To get married when the nafs desires to do so.
55. To fulfill the rights of those who are under you.
56. To provide comfort to one's parents.
57. To rear children in the proper manner.
58. Not to sever relations with one's friends and relatives.
59. To obey one's master.
60. To be just.
61. Not to initiate any way that is contrary to that of the generality of the Muslims.
62. To obey the ruler, provided what he orders is not contrary to the Shariah.
63. To make peace between two warring groups or individuals.
64. To assist in noble tasks.
65. To command the good and prohibit the evil.
66. If it is the government. it should mete out punishments according to the Shariah.
67. To fight the enemies of deen whenever such an occasion presents itself.
68. To fulfill one's trusts (amana).
69. To give loans to those who are in need .
70. To see to the needs of one's neighbour.
71. To ensure that one's income is pure.
72. To spend according to the Shariah.
73. To reply to one who has greeted you.
74. To say Yarhamukallah (‘Allah have mercy on you’) when anyone says Alhamdulillah (‘All praise is Allah’s’) after sneezing.
75. Not to cause harm to anyone unjustly.
76. To abstain from games and amusements contrary to the Shariah.
77. To remove pebbles, stones, thorns, sticks, and the like from the road
Joined: 26 March 2006
Online Status: Offline
|Posted: 12 July 2008 at 7:30pm|
As'Salamu Alaikum WRWB,
JazakAllahu khayr brother, for sharing it with us.
Infact many of them were reminders for us. May Allah swt help us to practice it. Ameen.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
|You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Note: The 99 names of Allah avatars are courtesy of www.arthafez.com