IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - believer/ nonbeliever  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

believer/ nonbeliever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: believer/ nonbeliever
    Posted: 08 October 2008 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Yes robin- It makes so much sense!!

Wouldn't you go to those who were given the law first, then to thiose that knew nothing of GOD's Law?

I don't understand why Muslims don't get this.  Maybe because it has been drummed into their heads?  I don't know.  There are many bits of misinformation to correct.

That is easy to answer; they taught not believe what the prophet Jesus said!

robin, do not accuse us falsely. Where did Muhammad or the Quran say to Muslims that they should not believe what Jesus said. robin, you also do not believe many things that Jesus said. You clearly do against the teachings of Jesus and try to interpret the teachings of Jesus in your own way without any proofs.

We Muslims disagree with the christians about the teachings of Jesus. That is all. But we believe in Jesus and we love Jesus. But it appears that you do not believe in Jesus as a prophet or as a God. And, robin, you do not love Jesus too. If you do then please write in clear words that you believe in Jesus as a prophet and you believe in Jesus as a God and that you love Jesus.

Please welcome to that. It is not good to blame Muslims who love Jesus.

Love for Jesus is shown by obeying him; this you do not do as you even question the Bible which he,Jesus, made sure was available to his true followers so as to understand how God is to be worshiped correctly, this you also reject.

John 6:37-40
Everything the Father gives me will come to me, and the one that comes to me I will by no means drive away; 38 because I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 This is the will of him that sent me, that I should lose nothing out of all that he has given me but that I should resurrect it at the last day. 40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone that beholds the Son and exercises faith in him should have everlasting life, and I will resurrect him at the last day."

John 14:6
Jesus said to him: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

What is in red you say is not true thus you reject God's prophet as you disagree with HIM!

John 17:17
Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word* is truth.
*The Bible
The above, John 17:17, you also do not believe as many threds on this forum show, thus you know not of the God of Jesus!

Robin,
please, with due respect, as a Muslim I believe Jesus (pbuh) to be a true prophet from God, not because the Bible tells me that, but because the Quran tells me that.
That is not because I have a grudge against the Bible, no simply because it does not stand up to be in agreement to itself, thus not from God, in its present form.
I don't like to sign a legal document with inconsistancies or contradictions in it, why would I trust bible to be telling me the truth when it says a thing on one page and later contradicts it on another. Does that truly not mean anything to you? Don't the facts matter more than the rhetoric?

Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 5:54pm
http://www.booksattransworld.co.uk/catalog/book.htm?command=Search&db=twmain.txt&eqisbndata=055214665X

This appears to be her personnal view - that Jesus wrote John.  Funny what people come up with.

Edited by believer - 06 August 2008 at 5:57pm
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2008 at 9:07pm
[QUOTE=Angel]hi Shasta's Aunt, I don't have the book, I simply dismissed the title because Jesus didn't write any book, in my opinion. He had the jewish scriptures to follow and even there I don't think he followed all since he certainly changed peoples views on life. And christianity was formed after Jesus, and the scriptures put together later on.[/QUOTE]

I was just curious as to what it was.

I wonder, do you think Jesus changed people's views or the people who came after Jesus and spread tales of him changed people's views? 
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 8:12am
hi Shasta's Aunt, I don't have the book, I simply dismissed the title because Jesus didn't write any book, in my opinion. He had the jewish scriptures to follow and even there I don't think he followed all since he certainly changed peoples views on life. And christianity was formed after Jesus, and the scriptures put together later on.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

AS far as I know Jesus didn't write any book.

Funny you say that Shasta's Aunt, because I was going thru my grandma's books last week and found a book titled: the book that Jesus wrote. Haven't read the book so i don't know exactly what's in it.

When you're finished let us know.
Eleanor Roosevelt
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 4:56am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

minuteman said -  "Please write something from yourself too. Do not just paste the words of the bible NT."

You have mentioned this to me too.  We have to, we are moved to,  it is GOD's Word by what we live.

Sorry again believer, I am sure it was for robin, not for you. In future I will write the name of the person addressed.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 4:56am
AS far as I know Jesus didn't write any book.

Funny you say that Shasta's Aunt, because I was going thru my grandma's books last week and found a book titled: the book that Jesus wrote. Haven't read the book so i don't know exactly what's in it.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 4:13pm
I would be very happy to read the words of Jesus to decide if I believe what he said. Which Book of the Bible did Jesus write?
Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic