IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Request for a new forum  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Request for a new forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Request for a new forum
    Posted: 22 June 2005 at 2:52am
As cursing the West is increasingly becoming the common theme for a large number of posts it will be better to create a new forum for them so that the post are more relevantly organized and other Muslims who come here, can know about the mischief of the WEst, more readily. Maybe, either "Current Events" or "Conspiracy theory" forum can be renamed as  "West Bashing" (or something better) as almost all the threads there are for criticizing the West.
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 6:07am
Oh please, not yet another forum.  Most issues dealing with the West are fine under "Politics" in my opinion. 
Ali Zaki View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Zaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 7:34am

To ZamanH,

I don't usually make comments on political issues (as this is primarly a forum for discussion about Islam), however, I couldn't resist on this one.

In my personal opinion, the current "West-Bashing" that is going on is a direct result of the actions of our (King) George W. When you make a speech like the (in)famous "Axis of Evil" speech, and tell other countires that you are either "With us or Against Us", you will find that many people outside the U.S. (when forced to consider which side they will be on) will choose the "Against" column. This is not suprising to anyone who has studied U.S. foriegn policy decisions (especially in the Middle East) over the past 100 years.

I am even more surprised when I see people who live in countries that have been victimized by the greed and carelessness of the U.S. government and U.S. corporations (such as the Bopal disaster where the life of an Indian civilian was calculated to be worth appoximately $100) defending the West.

If a person (or government) oppresses or usurps the rights of someone, they deserve to be condemned (and actively opposed). If they perform a praiseworthy action, they deserve praise.

Salam

"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 10:49am
Maybe, existing forums can be appropriately renamed, if new forum can't be created.
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 11:59pm

Let's just rename the whole site

Islamicity: Bashing the West and other minor Details

You Shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another and let it be a moving sea between the the shores of your soul
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 2:07am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Quote Islamicity: Bashing the West and other minor Details

I my self have sugested it to the CEO of this site but they refused the idea saying the west does a good job of that for themselves

i cant do anything about creating or changing forums 2 of the moderators are curently away busy with other things.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 11:02am

The West bashing itself? Unheard of!

Rami, you mean to tell me that you do not have totalian control of the board by yourself? You have to wait for others to help you?

<faints>

Lameese

You Shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another and let it be a moving sea between the the shores of your soul
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 11:10am

Originally posted by Lameese Lameese wrote:

Let's just rename the whole site

Islamicity: Bashing the West and other minor Details

Most of the problems in the world is the result of Western mischief. Muslims alone don't hate the WEst. People in Central and South America, Africans, Asians, Indians and Chinese everyone hates the West. 

Edited by ZamanH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic