IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hatred within the Abrahamic faiths  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHatred within the Abrahamic faiths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 7:51am

YUSUFALI: Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.
PICKTHAL: Therefore woe be unto those who write the Scripture with their hands and then say, "This is from Allah," that they may purchase a small gain therewith. Woe unto them for that their hands have written, and woe unto them for that they earn thereby.
SHAKIR: Woe, then, to those who write the book with their hands and then say: This is from Allah, so that they may take for it a small price; therefore woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn.

Have you ever heard of the Apocrypha?  Mohammad more then likely referring to these.  Or was Mohammad referring to the Quran?  When was this verse written- it could be when He found out about  false writings of the Qursn by the Jewish scribes.  What was the name of the Jewish scribe that said he had influenced everything Mohammad revealed?

There were also false books written. 

Because GOD protects His WORD there were many copies of the correct Books being sent back and forth to churches so it was obvious when a false Book was written.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 8:59am
You find it so insulting when muslims point out where they disagree with your religion and yet you continuously insult the Islamic faith.  Isn't this kind of hypocritical? 

I was a Christian for the first 26 years of my life and I never went out and purposely insulted other religions that I didn't believe in.  My whole family is Christian and they don't do that to me now that I am muslim.  I have several family members that are pastors of churches and you know they even let me do my muslim prayers in their home!!!  Why, because they are good Christians that don't force religion down my throat.  They respect me for my beliefs even if they don't approve.  They don't go out of their way to find muslims and then insult important parts of their religion.  At least the muslims on this forum gave you their agruments in a mature manner quoting sources and being patient with you.  You have gone on and on putting down Islam and insulting important parts of it.  What do you think that says about you?
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Ok. If such is possible then isn't it possible for God to divide himself into multiple deities? 

The proper belief in Allah is to believe in how Allah has described himself in His Book (Qur'an) and on the tongue of His Messenger (pbuh), thus it is not upon us speculate concerning whether or not Allah is able to "divide himself into multiple deities" wana'oothu billaahi.

Were you even cognizant of why I made that statement? Perfection is an attribute only God has. When God said "Muhammad is the best of examples" he didn't attribute perfection, he gave him a title. God made Muhammad the prophet an exemplary model for fellow believers. when Muslims begin to make him into a perfect human being we are saying he no more a lesser deity, like us humans rather, godly, for perfection is a godly attribute.

If we are going to say God can make humans perfect (which I'm sure he can) then we cannot argue that God cannot divide himself into other deities. So if its possible for one then its possible for the other. My point here is to refute the claim that Muhammad the prophet is perfect. Muhammad's illiteracy alone shows his imperfection. The inability to read. His divinely mandated recitation of the Qur'an was by God's influence not of his own. Any so-called perfect prophet would not need divine influence to recite something he didn't know about or need assistance to read or needed scribes. This was my point. If we maintain Muhammd's humanity, the greater  his message. Because we can say a simple human being was a messenger of the greatest known deity ever in the universe, that is God the Creator.

Edited by Israfil - 12 July 2008 at 3:12pm
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 2:39pm
Israfil, I agree with you. I have had this arguments with Muslims. I was in Pakistan and i was receiving my "lecture" (some people like to lecture you as a newer Muslim rather than ask you fist what you know). They sid Mohammed (PBUH) was perfect. I said is not Allah perfect? And how can can Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) than be perfect.. and its like well... uh..oh.. You can tell me he is free from major sins.. but perfect.. well..

It may come an issue of how people are using perfect...

Nur, I am not sure how much you can say if you have never met a Jewish person before. My sister-in-law is Jewish. I have good friends who are Jewish. That is like me saying that Hindus are x, y and z.. and well don't relaly know any. Thus you re dealing with stereotypes as well as allowing others doing the evaluation for you. There are several million Jewish people in the world.

I'v had people, who are Muslims say Pakistanis are x, y and z. And they don't open their mind ups to judge a person as an individual not the sole representitve of that group.

And i agree with Israfil.. you need to get out of the books and travel a bit more.. cause 12 million people died in the holocaust, not just Jewish people. Over 50 million people in the world died in WWII around the world. And yes many victims were Jewish people.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 8:59pm
I think humanity will never get beyond our own limitations because we bicker over the ireelevant things of life. God is unchanging, yet we argue over God's nature. In the movie 'the message" I remember what the  Christian Abyssian king said the followers of the prophet: "the differences between you and I are no different than this line (unable to illustrate)." Islam is about one God Qul'hu Allahu Ahad.

Christianity and Judaism is about One God ruler over the cosmos. I think we should start there.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Sleepy

Edited by Israfil - 12 July 2008 at 9:01pm
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
I think humanity will never get beyond our own limitations because we bicker over the ireelevant things of life. God is unchanging, yet we argue over God's nature. In the movie 'the message" I remember what the  Christian Abyssian king said the followers of the prophet: "the differences between you and I are no different than this line (unable to illustrate)." Islam is about one God Qul'hu Allahu Ahad.

Christianity and Judaism is about One God ruler over the cosmos. I think we should start there. Unfortunately individuals
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Christianity and Judaism is about One God ruler over the cosmos. I think we should start there. Unfortunately individuals like
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>
  Share Topic