IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - DoMuslims honor Jesus' wishes?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DoMuslims honor Jesus' wishes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 4:28pm

peace!

more withes upheld!

Matthew 23:8-10 (New International Version)

8"But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers.

i do believe this is upheld in islam. there are no rabbis,priests,pastors, or any one between god and humanity.{ except in some sects }. as all know to be muslim is to be a brother or a sister no matter of race,nationality,station or position,rich or poor we are all the same.  only our need to know gods truths allows us to stand apart from others in his eyes.
love
leland

Edited by Nazarene - 22 March 2009 at 6:21pm
love for all conquers all
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 11:20pm

peace upon all
yes muslims do honor jesus' wishes:
John 8:40
"If you were Abraham's children," said Jesus, "then you would do the things Abraham did. As it is, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things.

as you can read in the above jesus came to save them from themselves by bring them[ jews] back to the true faith of abraham. they did not "do the things abraham did".
   just as islam is tring to do for you and all humanity.
see jesus and islam share the same goal. islam like jesus can only share the message. all the rest is in your hands
leland

Edited by Nazarene - 21 March 2009 at 11:21pm
love for all conquers all
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Matthew 26

26While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body."

27Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. 28This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom."

30When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

Mark 14

22While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take it; this is my body."

23Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, and they all drank from it.

24"This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many," he said to them. 25"I tell you the truth, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it anew in the kingdom of God."

Luke 22

14When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15And he said to them, "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God."

17After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you. 18For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."

19And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."

20In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

They disobey the one that call thier Prophet and thus disoby Allah!

So in a word, NO!

Robin,
don't speak for me or anyone of us, please only speak for yourself, because you will only be asked about what you said and did.
Calling Jesus what he was not (god) is a dis-honor. And most of Christians seem to do that. Muslims on the other hand honor him for what he was, a servant of God, a messanger whom God sent to guide his people.

Jew also dis-honored him, they refused to believe he was the Massiah, they called him an illegitimate child and persuaded the rulers of that time to kill him. God Almighty saved him from being killed by his enemies and saved and reaised him to Himself.

Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 7:19am
LOL!  OK no problem.

I have had this theory that Mohammad started out as a good person, believing in GOD and the truth about Jesus.

Mohammad understood the need to follow the one True GOD and not the pagan gods of early Arabia.  He was sincerely trying to help the pagans see the Truth.  Mohammad's first verses could be used like a study guide to get to the full meaning of the Bible. 
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 1:21am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Thank you minuteman if you are responding to me. 

Are you saying that I have been linked with a militant group?  You can private message me.

I can love Mohammad as a fellow human, a saint and a sinner like all of us, but do not have to consider him a prophet of GOD.

Sorry, beleiver, my long post was not for you. It was for robin. Please read all that again (or do not read it). It was not addressed to you.

You are a believer. You believe in Jesus and perhaps Moses too. It is alright. You believe in God. That is very well. If you do not like to believe that Muhamamd is a servant and messenger of God (Allah) then it is upto you. You can have your religion as you like. I have no objection. You are absolutely free to adopt your faith as you like. That is the message of Islam.

I had to read one of your posts about the arrest of Jesus. It is not the first time that I had read it. It is all very clear that the religious bigots had got onto Jesus too quickly. They were the enemies of Jesus and enemies of truth. They did what they did. But they lost the battle in the end. The Quran describes that too. It says that some people believed in Jesus and some disbelieved (opposed severely). Allah says "Then We helped the believers in Jesus to prevail upon the disbelievers.."

I read your post and I fully agree with what happened at the time of the arrest of Jesus. Thanks.
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 1:06am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

robin, please correct the one sentence English of your last post. Make it understandable, what you want to say. What are you trying to accuse the muslim for? And how come?

Jesus COMMANDED HIS followers to pass the bread and wine between themselves on Nisan 14th each year, if that is not done then they do not obey him!
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 10:51am

Thank you minuteman if you are responding to me. 

Are you saying that I have been linked with a militant group?  You can private message me.

I can love Mohammad as a fellow human, a saint and a sinner like all of us, but do not have to consider him a prophet of GOD.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 10:07pm

What Jesus said was right and what he taught was also right. In a situation like he was, it was the best and the only teaching i.e. love every one, even thy enemy. There was no other way at that time. There was Roman (pagan, foreign) rule. His own people were highly spoiled and ignorant. The clergy were using the religion of Judaism only for their bad ideas (wishes).

What you have written above is very much true. I am with you. I do not carry any weapon. I am struggling against the bigots. My weapons are only spiritual weapons and love is foremost, with zero hatred.

I know you are JW and you have similar ideology. You also believe in complete peaceful manners. But there are reports of your links with other militant groups, in the past. I cannot say anything about that. I only read it here on this net.

If you love Jesus you have got to love Muhammad too. Otherwise you are nowhere in any religious ideology. For that you have to learn some real things by reading the Quran. Many things about Judaism and christianity are found in the Quran.

I as a Muslim have all the love for Jesus and Moses and Muhammad and Mary and apostles of Jesus. There is  no bad word to be found about the above named persons in the Quran. Nothing bad. The Quran can make a man into a model like a prophet (saint) even today. There is nothing good in the bible which is not found in the Quran. Every good thing of the bible is present in the Quran.

Same is about Torah. All good things of Torah are found in the Quran. Nothing is missing. Muhammad was guided and given the gift of being an example of all the previous prophets of Allah. he was told to follow the good steps of all the previous prophets of Allah. He was the super seal of all prophets. The prophethood of all prophets of God is proved by Muhammad. If there is no Quran then the prophethood of any one cannot be proved.

Edited by minuteman - 11 July 2008 at 10:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic