IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Love and Religion conflicts=help!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Love and Religion conflicts=help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 7:02pm

All  my praises be to Allah swt ! Incidentally, i happened to read this in a book and  was happy to read what i was looking for yesterday,

I guessed right correct that it was Umm Sulaym and Abu Talhah {May Allah swt be pleased with them}. Umm Sulaym rejected his proposal. These were her lines, " O Abu Talhah ., a man like you could not be turned away. but you are a disbelieving man and I am a Muslim woman. It is not permitted for me to marry you, but if you were to embrace Islam , that would be my dowry and I would ask you nothing more"

Such great women are examples worthy of emulation , from whom Muslim women may learn purity of faith , strength of character , soundness of belief and wisdom in choosing a husband.

Later as said, Abu Talhah studied Islam and believed in Muhammad { Pbuh} as the messenger of Allah swt.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 7:35pm
 Thomasd, kindly read this Quran by clicking the link below. It is with its commentary.

Left side, little below, you shall find the chapter. You can click any of the chapters and read it.

You believe in One God. Certainly, He too loves you. We pray Allah swt that he bestows you with the true path . Ameen

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
thomasd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

�Thomasd, kindly read this Quran by clicking the link below. It is with its commentary.

Left side, little below, you shall find the chapter. You can click any of the chapters and read it.

You believe in One God. Certainly, He too loves you. We pray Allah swt that he bestows you with the true path . Ameen

thank you for that, I will take my time reading it. Might I recommend that you take the time to find a copy of the book Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis? I think it would be well worth your while. Second question, are you aware of any scholarly studies on the historicity of the Qur'an that I could look into? I know that not nearly as much research has been done on it, as on the Bible.

Quote Sister, can't you wait for few more years.

and just to clear things up again, we are nowhere near marriage considerations at this point. its just that if there is any chance of this being long term its something we need to think about
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 1:57am
Originally posted by H3OO H3OO wrote:

and as someone said about isteqara., i guess there is no need for that as we already know of GODs decision.

Interesting that you know of something that even the Prophets and Messengers did not. This is a statement I have a few more words to say on, however I do not wish to derail the discussion.

H300 & SeeksHidayath:

About Istikhara, I believe one needs to look at the translation of the Dua of Istikhara to better understand when it can be/should be done. It is not merely a dua asking Allah to bless our action, but is reccommended when one's nafs is in turmoil, and the mind cannot distinguish which path to take. It is to ask Allah for blessings as well as Hidayath/guidance.

As for the bank robbing example. . . Seeks, those who clearly can distinguish b/w right & wrong are amongst the blessed ones with Hidayath. Not everybody can do that. . . which is why ppl commit crimes or sin. The knowledge of right & wrong is not to be taken for granted. Infact often a times, a person may have the knowledge, yet may get confused. I'm sure everyone has had a point or the other when the nafs, despite knowing has been in turmoil. I'm sure even Bank Robbers know they are commiting a crime, yet they manage to convince thier nafs that thier situation is justifed. Which is why, I would reccommend Istikhara for anyone who is battling with thier nafs as to which path to take. For it is our belief and faith in Allah, that when a person asks Allah for Hidayath - He gives it. And I believe that you nor I could convince the couple in question - But Allah would defintley guide them and give them Hidayath.

Let us take a look at the Dua of Istikhara:

According to Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 21, Number 263:
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah :The Prophet (Sallal Laho Alaihi Wasallam) used to teach us the way of doing Istikhara, in all matters as he taught us the Suras of the Quran. He said, "If anyone of you thinks of doing any job he should offer a two Rakat prayer other than the compulsory ones and say (after the prayer):

I have highlighted the aspects of the Dua that I feel are specially relevant to the Sister, as well as anyone who is torn b/w a decision - whether right or wrong. Because if the decision is wrong, Allah will give the person Hidayath.

(Translation):

"O Allah! I seek goodness from Your Knowledge and with Your Power (and Might) I seek strength, and I ask from You Your Great Blessings, because You have the Power and I do not have the power. You Know everything and I do not know, and You have knowledge of the unseen. Oh Allah! If in Your Knowledge this action --------------- (which I intend to do) is better for my religion and faith, for my life and end [death], for here [in this world] and the hereafter then make it destined for me and make it easy for me and then add blessings [baraka'] in it, for me. O Allah! In Your Knowledge if this action is bad for me, bad for my religion and faith, for my life and end [death], for here [in this world] and the hereafter then turn it away from me and turn me away from it and whatever is better for me, ordain [destine] that for me and then make me satisfied with it."

Edited by Chrysalis - 16 July 2008 at 1:59am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
peacelovedarfur View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacelovedarfur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 7:31am
Quote JazakiAllahu khayr {may Allah swt reward you with goodness}  sister for replying to my post. Perhaps you did not understand my point of explanation. If a person believes in Allah swt, he shud also obey him. Don't you agree to this ?  Just by saying that i believe in one God is n't enough. The belief in only God, shud also be practised. For that let him look into Qur'an which is n't tampered. It is direct word of God, even for him. You must have explained it to him that Qur'an is not just for muslims but for the whole of humanity. When he reads its, he would insha Allah, feel as if God is addressing him.

Firstly, I do understand Arabic so no need to write an english translation unless you enjoy doing so :P. Secondly, As for my belief in God, I'm not sure how much you can really judge me only knowing only my jihad. Islam is a way of life so it is impossible to not "act out" upon the faith, my worship through the five pillars is true and steady but from faith itself in the one and only Lord of the universe-Allah, I begot Joy, Courage, Knowledge, Hope, Love, renewed senses to understand him, a wholeness in myself,with my ummah and humanity and, a life of purpose and meaning: such do I base my actions on. And since according to Muhammed(pbuh) a prostitute goes to heaven for giving a cat water before herself, I believe any who acts with the same components I listed above is a believer and will not go to hell for God understands our hearts and is All-Forgiving and All-Merciful.

Quote BUt sister, as per Qur'an the final testament, we are to follow and believe in Allah swt and his last messenger. We believe in all the Prophets and messengers of Allah swt sent. But we are to obey Allah swt and His messenger.

I would not be a muslim if I didnt believe so.

Yes, those believers of ahle kitab {christians and jews} if unheard of Prophet Muhammad, but believe in one God, then Allah swt , says that they shall be accepted. You must have explained him that the people of scriptures { christians and Jews are doubly rewarded, if they believe in Islam , they shall be doubly rewarded. I think chapter Hadeed discusses that. Go thru its last parts. And here 's a part of the hadith {saying of Prophet Muhammad {pbuh}, - "Three will get their reward twice. A believer from the People of the Scriptures who has been a true believer in his Prophet and then believes in me, will get a double reward".

But no matter what reward, Thomas is still a believer, even according Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

My Questions:
Hijab: in the Quran it says only to cover up your bosom and private parts and was only a practice of Muhammads' wives whom he wished privacy and security to and latter once the Persians came into power it became culture and wear of the upperclass. Today the Hijiab is our flag, our example to the people and a reminder to ourselves but it is still ones choice.

Salat: something new I read: "The Lslamic prayer synthesises the forms of submission and worship of all created beings: the trees and mountains stand upright, the stars rise and set, the animals are bowed, and every living thing draws its nourishment from the earth." (Unveiling Islam) isnt that beautiful?!

Hajj: Inshallah

H3OO View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H3OO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Originally posted by H3OO H3OO wrote:

and as someone said about isteqara., i guess there is no need for that as we already know of GODs decision.

Interesting that you know of something that even the Prophets and Messengers did not. This is a statement I have a few more words to say on, however I do not wish to derail the discussion.

H300 & SeeksHidayath:

About Istikhara, I believe one needs to look at the translation of the Dua of Istikhara to better understand when it can be/should be done. It is not merely a dua asking Allah to bless our action, but is reccommended when one's nafs is in turmoil, and the mind cannot distinguish which path to take. It is to ask Allah for blessings as well as Hidayath/guidance.

i guess we all know what Gods verdict/order on such marriages is. its not like nothing has been said regarding such matter in quran. so from that one can fairly say that we know what Gods decision would be. im sure u would agree me here.

as u stated that 'the mind cannot distinguish which path to take'
i Guess Allah has quite clearly stated the path in this case so do we still need Istikhara.

i'll like to give an example
 i have got two  fields ahead of me to choose from, one to become an engineer  and 2nd to be a chartered account  but i dont know which field to choose, which will be the best for me, so over here doing Istikhara does make a valid point bcz nothing has been mentioned regarding which career i should choose in quran and hadith but in the ladies case things are pretty clear, God has already given his verdict which we all muslims should follow.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 6:20pm
As'Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Sister Peaceloved arfur :

Let me clear your misconception as why i add english translation of the arabic words, -  since  there are many other readers apart from you, who are reading.  If it were  a private message , i would have not done so. I believe that every act of ours is a dawah in itself {Directly or indirectly} . Many may learn the meaning , or the way of interaction which Islam taught us and also that  if we are wrong, we can get  corrected ---. Its a way we learn from each other.Am open for both. I ENJOY  that way. Smile Anyways, that were my opinions.

Can you prove me thru Qur'an and hadith that people like thomas, who believe in oneness of Allah, and also believe Jesus is a God, in human form are believers in Islam ?

{Leave aside your feelings or opinions for him, while showing up here, the characteristics of  a believer}

Secondly, let me also clear that am not judging you. nor can i ? Allah swt knows you and me well. They were just reminders for all of us. I always keep in my mind while posting that those non-muslims who are intrested in studying Islam also do read it.  They get to learn a lot from such discussions.

Edited by seekshidayath - 17 July 2008 at 12:36am
thomasd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 6:35pm
Quote also believe Jesus is a God, in human form

I do not believe Jesus is a god in human form, I believe he is the God in human form.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic