IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Love and Religion conflicts=help!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Love and Religion conflicts=help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacelovedarfur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 7:00am
hahaha, I dont plan on marrying him now or any time soon, my conflict was seeing him at all and letting the relationship furthur. And by nomadic, I mean not living in one place for the rest of my life and leading the sort of life "normal" Americans live; we plan on traveling and seeing Gods wonders all the while doing things, going places to help humanity and spread faith and love to the people. When the children come, inshallah, we shall bring them up with the same values and knowledge of God and his world. Mashallah, how quick you are to judge when you do not know anything but the words I put on this page.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 7:02am
sorry I am changing the subject- I will start another thread.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

You haven't given your birth data and if you are an adult to contract a marriage and run the affairs of a family!
The words that caught my eye were boy & nomadic!
The time is recession of 2008 and the price of gas is touching $5 and you want live like a nomad where in people's backyards after marrying a boy? LOL

God said that your wealth and your children are your test! meaning your parents failed in their test! You expect to pass in your test with even less favorables factors!

You marry men not boys -----call 800DrLaura on KFI if you don't want to listen to us here! She will pound some sense in your head quickly!

Dead
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 11:46am

Peaceloveandfar:

I know that you are well aware of Islam's position on the issue. . . and so I will not add anything more on that.

However, EVEN if the object of your love were a muslim, I would sincerely advise you against this marriage - simply because you both met online, and such online things are always risky! You do not know anything about this boy, and you both see in each other only what you want to.

I hope Allah helps you make the correct decision, and helps you through this time.

PS: What will your Kids be believing in? Christianity, Islam or some universal hippy-version of God is Love, and Love conquers all?
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
famania View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote famania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 1:35pm
Dear Sister,
Trust me my best friend had the same scenario except that they were high school buddies who met in high school. Now they are in college but still together, since she is my best best friend, i felt really disappointed in her when she told me.
She used to advise me on all good and bad things but when she had told me that she loved this guy off like anything. I was really dazzled.The guy is gem of a person, but then not a muslim.  I know it's love, you might fall in love with their personality and so on. I had told her that if it had been a Muslim guy fallen in love with a Christian girl, that marriage would have been possible, since the guy can convert the girl in some cases, and even if not, then in that case his progeny is at least known as Muslims right.
But in your case, it's the opposite your kids would be christian in that case. Don't think I am being biased here, saying what it is according to islam
Tried telling her, but all i can say in your case is may Allah help you make the right decision.
Can't even tell you to convert him, cause it wouldn't be that easy for him, but then nothing in this world is impossible.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 7:02pm
Its  heart-aching and sad plight to see her blind, inspite of having eyes, She views, good and evil but is still astray. This makes us clear again  that , its ONLY ALLAH SWT, who gives hidayah.

Sister, you are welcome to IC at any part of your life. Am sure , one day you shall regret, be it after 2 years or five.

Anyways, i wish our readers to kindly keep reciting this dua

" Rabbana la tuzigh quloobana baAAda ith hadaytana wahab lana min ladunka rahmatan innaka anta alwahhabu "

"Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You. Truly, You are the Bestower

To be guided by Allah swt is one of the best blessings and not to deviate from it is an other. So we need to constantly pray for it. ELse we are in loss.

Edited by seekshidayath - 09 July 2008 at 7:05pm
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 11:31pm
Auzubillahi minash shairan ir rajeem,
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Rahim

Assalamualaikum dear Peace L D,

MashAllah you sound to be a conscious Muslimah. If Allah has turend your heart to searching the truth regarding this matter, know that He loves you and means well for you.

You have already got many benefical advice, and I don't have a lot to add.  Just a small peice from this end ...

Love of Allah is eternal love. Since Allah is eternal, the human soul which loves Him, his love continues till eternity, and is rewarded with such delights in the next life which no heart has conceived, no eye has seen ... as said in the Quran.

Every other type of love is temporal. This is so because this world is temporal, and all that is in it is likewise passing. However one type of love of duniya continues till eternity and that is the Love for the sake of Allah. 

Thus, a true believer is one who loves Allah, and loves His creation for His sake.

Loving Allah in true sense means one brings the heart in conformity to everything that He has ordained, and turns the heart away from everything that He has forbidden. In other words, a true beleiver is in a state of total submission to Allah, and has an obedience which is like that of a true slave to his/her Master.
A true believer also loves Allah's creation in such a way that Allah has ordained. He/she loves the believers for the the blessing of faith that resides in their heart, and loves others because they are also His creation. However a true beleiver does not love any kind of disobedience of any heart.

In surah fatiha, which is a dua, we ask Allah for guidance - to the straight path. The path of those whom Allah has shown favor (these are the true believers, His messengers, prophets and friends). We also ask in this dua to not make us like those who earned His wrath (ie the Jews who disobeyed). And we ask Him to not make us like those who went astray after true guidance reached them, ie the christians.

If you love someone in his state of disobedience to Allah, you are not loving him through Allah or for the sake of Allah. You are loving him for the sake of your carnal desire. So, search your heart for this difference, and earnestly beseach Allah for guidance.

Ya muqallibal qulubi, sabit qalbi ala dinika :: O turner of hearts, direct my heart to Your religion.

Edited by Nausheen - 09 July 2008 at 11:36pm
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 11:49pm
 AbuAisha said so succinctly, only the names change, the story remains practically same.

I heard a shaykh say that when the entire wujud of a human soul should be for the ibadah of Allah, as said in the Quran :: wama khalaqta al jin wa al ins illa li aabudu (and I have created the jin and men except that they worship me), then what part of humans is in obedience of Allah while surfing the internet ...

and the fitnah in surfing is greater amongst our youth, than in the  selection of a good book to read.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic