IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Henna Nail Color  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Henna Nail Color

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakooooot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Henna Nail Color
    Posted: 25 June 2008 at 2:41pm
Salam Sisters,

I love wearing nail polish but due to the fact that you can't wudu with it, I can't. I have been searching online and I know that traditionally muslim women use henna paste on their nails as nail polish but i have been looking for other colorful nail dyes made out of henna. I heard there's a dye which acts like henna meaning it doesnt leave a residue behind so wudu is permissable. I even came across some websites where they sell these things in nail polish bottles only that they are not nail polishes but dyes. I can't seem to find those sites anymore. If any sister has any idea about this please let me know and also where can I buy it from?
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 2:08am
Originally posted by sakooooot sakooooot wrote:

Salam Sisters,

I love wearing nail polish but due to the fact that you can't wudu with it, I can't. I have been searching online and I know that traditionally muslim women use henna paste on their nails as nail polish but i have been looking for other colorful nail dyes made out of henna. I heard there's a dye which acts like henna meaning it doesnt leave a residue behind so wudu is permissable. I even came across some websites where they sell these things in nail polish bottles only that they are not nail polishes but dyes. I can't seem to find those sites anymore. If any sister has any idea about this please let me know and also where can I buy it from?

Sorry Sis, I do not know of any colorful nail-dyes apart from Henna. . .  You can always use Nail Polish during menses. . . Also, if you have to go somwhere, have an event to go to etc, and wanna put NP on, you can do wudhu, and then put it on. Your wudhu will last you for some hours, and you can remove it later, once ablution breaks.

On the brighter side, Having Nail Polish on 24-7 is not good for the nails anyway! The cuticle shine wears away, they start looking dry and sometimes even yellow! (especially if one is using a bad brand) Also, most Nail Polishes start chipping away from the nails anyway, by the 2nd/3rd day, especially if you have rough-work to do. And I personally get tired of the one color for too long! So you can keeping taking it off and putting it on, in-between wudhu's by doing the pre-wudhu method. And during off-days (if u know what i mean) That should satisfy your nail-polish cravings.

You can also use peel-off nail polish, veruy temporary and easy to peel off before wudhu.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
FarrahA View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarrahA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 4:03pm
Salaam,

I'll admit I was pretty bummed at first when I found out we couldn't do our nails.  I wasn't really into getting my finger nails done, but I loved getting pedicures with designs on my toes.  Well, that passed, lol and I found the most amazing thing.  Nail Buffers!!!  These work wonders, the little block has different sides to smooth, buff and shine your nails.  The Shinner really works, makes your nails look, well, Shiny, lol, and clean.  They are not very pricey and totally worth it.  Don't go with the really cheap brands though, it won't give you the results you expect.  I use tweezerman brand which costs $8.00, really worth the price!!  I've been using the same one for over a year now!!  And you don't have to use it everyday, I use it about once a week and my nails stay nice, even after showering everyday. 

I've attached the website with the product.  They sell it in many beauty supply stores as well.

Edited by FarrahA - 06 July 2008 at 4:07pm
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 10:26pm
Thanks for the buffer-tip sis! I've seen it on other ppl's nails, and the look is just like varnish! Think am gonna get me one of those.

Btw, I love Nail Art too! And I still manage to do it in between!
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
sakooooot View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakooooot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 2:56pm
Thanks sisters for the reply. I'll def look at the buffer. Also, Chrysalis, which peel off nail polishes/brands do u prefer? Where can I get them from? Thanks.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 9:56am
Originally posted by sakooooot sakooooot wrote:

Thanks sisters for the reply. I'll def look at the buffer. Also, Chrysalis, which peel off nail polishes/brands do u prefer? Where can I get them from? Thanks.

I'll check the brand and let you know. . . I dont have many though! Smile I mostly use the normal ones.
sakooooot View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakooooot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 11:45am
Chrysalis, thanks in advance!
Ummi22 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ummi22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 10:21pm
Asalaamu alaikum

My sister in law just came from "back home" and when she came her nails were died black. I know black nails may seem harsh to some sisters but IMO they looked pretty.  She said that she used this black dye and that it is commonly used.  It is the same stuff that some people mix w/ henna to make the henna black. I don't know how safe or permissible this is but if you want to look into it it is a possible option. A lot of Somali and Yemeni women use this method.  I have bought some of this black dye and am planning on asking around if it's okay and insha'Allah, i'm going to dye my nails. The powder is from China and has English, Arabic, Hindi, and Chinese writing on the package.
HTH!!!
Asalaamu alaikum

Kelly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic