IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - No One in America is Safe  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No One in America is Safe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspacia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

"So if you don't have a member of the government willing to sponsor your law then you are totally helpless.  Clearly we the people have no power when it comes to passing laws in this country.

Not so.  Try to lose the victim identification, petition your representatives, governors, mayors, etc.  I sure do.  That is, I raise hell, write, call, send faxes when angry or pleased with what those on my payroll do.  Heck, I pay enough in taxes, they had better listen."

How many laws have you personally passed?

We are not helpless, and I have distributed and signed many a petition that came to fruition.  If my representatives do not do as I deem fit, they hear about it through phone calls, faxes, and letters.

70% of Americans are unhappy with the current administration yet this fact has not curtailed their activities at all. Hardly a government of the people since it is not representing the majority of those it governs, or is that not a criteria?

We are more ticked off at Congress, who popularity is lower than the White House.
Quote I'm no victim, more of a realist.

Then try to realize your voice, and try to lose the "helpless" mindset.
Curious
aspacia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspacia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

I beg to differ with you.  bin Laden declared war on us in 1993, and we weren't listening. 
Will you invite me to your 15th birthday?

This is an ad hominem attack.  Wink  I am probably much older, and far better educated than most on this site. 

Quote So Bin Laden just declared war as if it were part of some script written by some cocaine junkie?
And, it had nada to do with the American occupation of Muslim lands?
And, he had a following only because people didn't like the American faces?
Just like that!
No causes, just the effect. Love your poetry.

bin Laden is worried about Western contamination of Islamic culture.   We helped him oust the Soviets, and then he and the Taliban created one of the most totalitarian, theocratic regimes in the Middle-East. 

Occupation?  Iraq had free elections, and has Sharia Law.  This irks many citizens, but this is Iraq, and the people must make their own laws.

Al Quaida is on the run with its tail tucked between its tails.   That is, we are winning. 

BTW, prose, not poetry is more my game.LOL

Curious
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 11:34am
Al Quaida is on the run with its tail tucked between its tails.   That is, we are winning. 

Winning? What are we winning? Do tell.. We are ain debt, hundreds of thousands of people are dead or maimed all throughout the region and in this country. Fuel and food prices are through the roof in many places and people are starving.

We spent billions of dollars to go after who?? The US is in debt for years to come..

We have destabalized regions. We are still fighting the "Taliban" in Afghanistan.. we run the mayor of Kabul-Karzi... We control little of that country.. and we helped a country with continual invasions to be invaded again.. therefore not allowing anything to come to those people.

We are hated in the world, whereas that used to not be the case.. or shall I say it is mostly the US govt.. but the US citizens seem not to care and keep voting them into office.. so maybe it is the US population..

We went to war for oil and poftits and yet have the US people benefitted with anything close to cheap oil and gas? Because the current government and its cronies in certain businesses act without impunity..the small person all over the world is being squeezed.

Considering anyone with knowledge from inside,, we have no idea what we are doing in Iraq.. the sands are shifting.. and who really is Al-Queda in Iraq.. lots of smokesscreens to peer through..

The only people who are "winning" are the multibillion corporations.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Winning? What are we winning? Do tell.. We are ain debt, hundreds of thousands of people are dead or maimed all throughout the region and in this country. Fuel and food prices are through the roof in many places and people are starving.

We spent billions of dollars to go after who?? The US is in debt for years to come..

We have destabalized regions. We are still fighting the "Taliban" in Afghanistan.. we run the mayor of Kabul-Karzi... We control little of that country.. and we helped a country with continual invasions to be invaded again.. therefore not allowing anything to come to those people.

We are hated in the world, whereas that used to not be the case.. or shall I say it is mostly the US govt.. but the US citizens seem not to care and keep voting them into office.. so maybe it is the US population..

We went to war for oil and poftits and yet have the US people benefitted with anything close to cheap oil and gas? Because the current government and its cronies in certain businesses act without impunity..the small person all over the world is being squeezed.

Considering anyone with knowledge from inside,, we have no idea what we are doing in Iraq.. the sands are shifting.. and who really is Al-Queda in Iraq.. lots of smokesscreens to peer through..

The only people who are "winning" are the multibillion corporations.

Agreed.  Good points.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 1:15pm
Hayfa and Salam's Wife why not let the pobre chap win in his most special fool's paradise?
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 1:20pm
I am probably much older, and far better educated than most on this site.

It's an established fact that when we are lacking somewhere, we compensate by laying such tall claims. I simply wish all this education could reflect, even as a shadow, somehow, somewhere.

But, never mind, we have seen quite a few Fool Blooded Amreekans here in our time.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 1:32pm
Actually far from tucking tail and running the Taliban have had a resurgence in Afghanistan and last month more U.S. soldiers died in Afghanistan than in Iraq. Not to mention all of the civilians killed in U.S. bombings.

Al Qaeda was not in Iraq until we let them in, if they are indeed there. How will we ever know between the invading troops, the militias, the death squads and all of the other factions our government unleashed in it's quest for oil and domination in the Middle East.

Occupation?  Iraq had free elections, and has Sharia Law.  This irks many citizens, but this is Iraq, and the people must make their own laws.

Well, if you call elections under a military occupation by a country that handpicked the leaders free elections then you are right. Iraq is far from under Shariah law. As long as the U.S. military is the true governing authority in Iraq then they are under martial law. And once the military pulls out, although our military never completely pulls out of a country once we have gone in, then there will be genocide.

So yeah, I would say that we are winning...  Let's get ready to goose step into Iran.

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 1:35pm
"This is an ad hominem attack.  Wink  I am probably much older, and far better educated than most on this site."

This is an argumentum ad hominem....

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 20 July 2008 at 1:39pm
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic