IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jihad from America  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jihad from America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jihad from America
    Posted: 20 June 2008 at 10:48am
Asalaam Alaikum brothers and sisters. I believe in Islam and I will soon take my shahadah. I am 17 years old and i am african american. After i take my shahadah, do i have to wear a kufi everyday or when do i have to?

Edited by JihadX - 20 June 2008 at 10:49am
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 11:06am

Asslamu alaikum JihadX,

Glad to hear your decision. May Allah make it easy for you.
No you don't need to change anything in term of the way you look. Even your name you can keep the way it is. However if you want to change it is your choice.
Kufi is a culture in Muslim country/community, not part of the essence of Islamic teaching itself. The standard dressing in Islam is "modesty", so for men, like the general American dressing for work (office) or student for school that fully acceptable, no any other accessories are required.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
afeefa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afeefa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 2:00am

waaliakum assalam brother,

a hearty welcome to our beautiful world  of islam brother Smile 
  its a very pleasing news u gave us,thank u so much.

hope u will achieve the greatest achievement of life and hope Allah grants u success n happiness both in this world n hereafter. ameen
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 6:11pm
 Welcome to our boards of discussions - "Jihadx" and sister Afeefa.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Very glad to know that you shall be soon embracing Islam. May Allah swt help you to strive as a better muslim and grant you success both here and hereafter.

May Allah swt guide all of us. Ameen.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 7:28am
shukran to all!
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 5:20pm

Brother, stay in touch with IC. And let us know the day you recite shahadah.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 7:35pm
i will brother. I know it will be very soon.
afeefa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afeefa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 5:01am

assalamualaikum,

thanks a lot seekshidayath. hope i will learn a lot here  by your help n others. inshallah!

may Allah guide all of us to the most righteous path. ameen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic